Article: Scientists may find life on Earth-like planets covered in oceans within the next few years

Ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit and He will. Then you will begin to learn as you read the Bible.
Your original question was, "What caused the big bang?"
My answer is still that I have no idea. You are specifically promoting Christianity as the answer. But it doesn't answer any question about the big bang. No one really knows what happened before the big bang. The question itself may not have any meaning.

My answer is still that I have no idea. You are specifically promoting Christianity as the answer. But it doesn't answer any question about the big bang. No one really knows what happened before the big bang. The question itself may not have any meaning.
Ok.

God is behind all this. It just didn't suddenly happen. It's too intricate. Take a bunch of Scrabble blocks and toss them on the table until they all spell a coherent sentence.
That's an old, tired fallacy. The 747 fallacy.

"Too intricate"... Compared to what? Too intricate for YOU to understand? That's a comment on our tiny, limited little brains, not on the complexity of the universe.

But science now admits that the view from Genesis did occur.

Dennis Prager writes: “In my lifetime alone, science went from positing a universe that always existed to positing a universe that had a beginning (the Big Bang). So, in just one generation [the Bible], in describing a beginning to the universe, went from conflicting with science to agreeing with science….[The Bible] should not violate essential truths (for example, it accurately depicts human beings as the last creation).”

And science now admits, as well, that the order of events in Genesis is the currently accepted view.

Coincidence, huh?

Dennis Prager writes: “In my lifetime alone, science went from positing a universe that always existed to positing a universe that had a beginning (the Big Bang). So, in just one generation [the Bible], in describing a beginning to the universe, went from conflicting with science to agreeing with science….[The Bible] should not violate essential truths (for example, it accurately depicts human beings as the last creation).”

And science now admits, as well, that the order of events in Genesis is the currently accepted view.

Coincidence, huh?
Fraud.

"Science" admits nothing of the sort.

Dennis Prager is not a scientist. Your silly cut and paste "quotes" are laughable.

Coincidence? No.

It takes much more faith to believe that random chance threw everything together than to believe in a Creator.

Fraud.

"Science" admits nothing of the sort.

Dennis Prager is not a scientist. Your silly cut and paste "quotes" are laughable.

Coincidence? No.
Einstein was probably the greatest scientist ever and he believed in an intelligent Spirit running the universe.

It takes much more faith to believe that random chance threw everything together than to believe in a Creator.

Overman (1997) quotes from Evolution from space and found the following quote, ascribed to Chandra Wickramasinghe, in the New Scientist, Jan 21, 1982: "The chances that life just occurred are about as unlikely as a typhoon blowing through a junkyard and constructing a Boeing-747."Oct 10, 1999

Fred Hoyle's Boeing-story in the Evolution-Creation literature​

Coincidence, huh?
I don't think science admits that. The Genesis says god created the earth before the sun.

I don't think science admits that. The Genesis says god created the earth before the sun.
Let's check:

Genesis 1.2 says there was ‘darkness.’

Theories about the earth’s earliest atmosphere are in flux, but the young earth was bombarded by collisions with other celestial bodies; a dense mixture of gases, dust, and debris enveloped the early earth; and the sun was a considerably dimmer star than it is today. All that rendered the earth’s atmosphere essentially opaque—the “darkness” described in this verse.

“You would not have been able to see much, just clouds covering everything,” is how the early earth was described by Dave Stevenson, a Caltech professor of planetary science. It is also generally believed the earth was nearly or completely covered with water from a very early point. “Early earth was covered in a global ocean and had

no mountains” reads a headline from the British science magazine New Scientist. This is the “surface of the deep” described in this verse.

"Earth’s Water Is Older Than the Sun
The sun, at 4.6 billion years old, predates all the other bodies in our solar system. But it turns out that much of the water we swim in and drink here on Earth is even older.

A new model of the chemistry of the early solar system finds that up to half the water now on Earth was inherited from an abundant supply of interstellar ice as our sun formed. That means our solar system’s moisture wasn’t the result of local conditions in the proto-planetary disk, but rather a regular feature of planetary formation ....

Interstellar ice has a very high ratio of deuterium to hydrogen because it formed in very cold temperatures.

... researchers estimate, 30 to 50 percent of our solar system’s water was already a part of the ancient molecular cloud that spawned the Sun and planets. They published their findings today in the journal Science."
Earth's Water Is Older Than the Sun - D-brief

And that raises an interesting question: how did Genesis know, more than three thousand years ago, that the nascent planet was submerged in darkness and water?

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."
Earth's Water Is Older Than the Sun - D-brief

Throughout history, people have understood “Let there be light” to mean “God created light.” And that is an entirely legitimate translation—“Let there be” (yihee) can mean “Come into being.” But there is no verb here meaning “create,” “make,” or “form.” And that may strongly suggest another meaning. There are scientists who believe in the Bible who understand “Let there be light” to mean that God did not create or make light in this verse; He made light appear.

No light had yet appeared on earth because in earth’s earliest period, the earth’s atmosphere was opaque, either from clouds or cosmological dust and debris, or both. In the words of former MIT physicist and member of the United States Atom- ic Energy Commission Gerald Schroeder: “There was light, but no sources of light were visible from the earth due to the cloud cover over the still-warm earth. Warm earth = high vapor pressure = clouds.”

…with His words “let there be light,” the atmosphere began to clear, and the light of the sun (but not the sun itself) became visible from the surface of the earth—just as it is visible to us when the skies are overcast: we see the light, but not its source. Thus, …, the sun already exists (but is not seen until Day Four).

1.11 God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation: seed-bearing plants, fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it.” And it was so.

1.12 The earth brought forth vegetation: seed-bearing plants of every kind, and trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it.”

’How can we have plants when the sun doesn’t appear until the next day?’ There were the sun, moon, and stars—but they were not visible from the earth’s surface. The earth was still hot at this time and therefore high vapor pressure enveloped it in thick clouds.

The Earth's atmosphere at this time was also much heavier. Its mass was similar to that of today's oceans, and it pushed down on Earth's surface with a pressure of hundreds of bars. (For comparison, the average pressure at the Earth's surface today is 1 bar). It was also opaque — "you would not have been able to see much, just clouds covering everything," [Dave Stevenson, a Caltech professor of planetary science said].” Giant Moon-Forming Impact On Early Earth May Have Spawned Magma Ocean

“I have personally measured photosynthesis, the growth of plants and the pro- duction of oxygen from that photosynthesis on days when the overcast was so heavy no sun or even hints of a sun could be seen through the clouds, but there was plenty of light and the plants were doing fine with their photosynthesis. By the time of Day Four, the earth had cooled; the clouds were opened and the sun, moon, and stars could be visible from the earth.

At first, clouds make it impossible to see if there is a sun, but….photosynthesis can occur.

“As a result, the atmosphere cleared and the sun, moon, and stars became visible. Prior to this period, although the sun’s light could reach the earth, the actual body of the sun was not visible from the earth due to the heavy cloud cover. I personally have measured the photosynthetic production of oxygen on days that were so heavily overcast that although there was light penetrating the cluds, there was no indication of the glow of the sun behind the clouds.” The Age of the Universe: One Reality Viewed from Two Different Perspectives

Sooo…..where’s the problem???

Forum List

Back