Article: "Democrats debate themselves: Why do we suck?"

Republicans are running some flawed candidates.
Walker, Oz, Lake, Masters, MTG, Boebert

But Democrats struggle to beat them

The reason is they allow Republicans to control the message. Republicans are masters at diverting the issue and turning elections into discussions about Transexuals and CRT
Speaking of which, here are some candidates Democrats are looking at for 2024 after the likes of Fetterman and Biden

Looks like the Democrats will be smeared (to some degree) here in a couple of weeks. I checked out this opinion piece to see what the pre-emptive self-reflection might look like.

Yes, the main reasoning for this will be that this is what has historically happened -- the party in power gets its ass kicked in off-year elections. Back and forth, back and forth, the two parties proving beyond any doubt that (a) they don't deserve too much power and (b) We the People wish they'd get the fuck over themselves and work together. And yes, if you look at the actual popular vote totals, the Dems still represent the most voters. That can only be denied by those who are being manipulated and lied to.

Both are true. BUT...

It doesn't look to me that the Democrats have yet looked honestly at what has (a) animated their political opponents and (b) kept other Americans from voting for them: Their positions on the wide range of issues that could be called "cultural". I've been screaming about Political Correctness and Identity Politics for the ten years I've been on this board, and now those tactics are coming home to roost. Do Democrats still feel that that's wrong, that those are winning issues for them at such a critical time?

PC/Identity Politics touches a wide range of topics, from the military to entertainment to education to crime. James Carville gets it. Bill Maher gets it. A few others get it. So do the Republicans. And now they're so energized and animated over them that they're on the verge of taking over our very electoral system over a lie from an obvious con man. Does this hit home to Democrats, at all? I don't see it in this opinion piece, or anywhere else.
James Carville is an old white man from Louisiana. Republicans have been playing identity politics since the 1960's and you grab the republican narrative and then claim you're looking at things from both sides Read It was All a Lie and stop repeating far right garbage while claiming neutrality.

Republicans project and they will repeat whatever lie they believe in unison over and over, never deviating from the lie. It's cllassic Goebbels yet you are here blaming democrats for playing identity politics and all the associated crap.

James Carville is an old white man from Louisiana. Republicans have been playing identity politics since the 1960's and you grab the republican narrative and then claim you're looking at things from both sides Read It was All a Lie and stop repeating far right garbage while claiming neutrality.
Or, I'm just posting what I think, without regard to pleasing a political tribe. As always.

i can still see fetterman getting elected.
A lot of people will vote for him out of spite, or as a gag
And when biden and obama went to Philly that was a dog whistle to ramp up the cheat machine
I think alot of Democrats will vote for him simply because he's "handicapped". This will aspire
to their affirmative action and apologist veins. It will become more about that than even the issues that he stands on. Just like Democrats will simply vote for or hire someone because they are black over actually being qualified regardless of race, they'll vote for fetterman because they feel sorry for him. And they'll cheer themselves inwardly for putting an invalid in office...as some kind of great triumph of social justice. In two years later they'll be able to thank their invalid when recently-released hardcore prisoners are raping their wives and children and breaking into their homes.

Or, I'm just posting what I think, without regard to pleasing a political tribe. As always.
No, you're posting one sided bs claiming that you aren't taking any sides.

If the Democrats lose, it will be due to economic factors. Republicans have played the blame democrats for inflation hoping that the majority of the voters don't pay attention to the fact that inflation is global and the rate here is lower than a lot of other places.

I think alot of Democrats will vote for him simply because he's "handicapped". This will aspire
to their affirmative action and apologist veins. It will become more about that than even the issues that he stands on. Just like Democrats will simply vote for or hire someone because they are black over actually being qualified regardless of race, they'll vote for fetterman because they feel sorry for him. And they'll cheer themselves inwardly for putting an invalid in office...as some kind of great triumph of social justice. In two years later they'll be able to thank their invalid when recently-released hardcore prisoners are raping their wives and children and breaking into their homes.
Democrats in Pennsylvania know Lt. Governor Fetterman. You guys seem to ignore the fact he was voted in as second in command in the state of Pennsylvania.

And whites really need to stop talking about AA, because whites have gotten what they say AA is from the very beginning.

No, you're posting one sided bs claiming that you aren't taking any sides.

If the Democrats lose, it will be due to economic factors. Republicans have played the blame democrats for inflation hoping that the majority of the voters don't pay attention to the fact that inflation is global and the rate here is lower than a lot of other places.
I've never said that I don't take sides. That should be pretty obvious, given my opinion of Trumpism and the individual issues.

I know the Left doesn't think that PC/Identity Politics doesn't play a role in anything. That, to me, is the problem. But I'm certainly not trying to change your mind.

I've never said that I don't take sides. That should be pretty obvious, given my opinion of Trumpism and the individual issues.

I know the Left doesn't think that PC/Identity Politics doesn't play a role in anything. That, to me, is the problem. But I'm certainly not trying to change your mind.
PC is a term made up by right wingers to disparage efforts to stop racism. But that's not Identity politics.

Let's be honest here, shall we?

Trump go elected because he punched back at people punching us for decades.

He is an idiot. He has no business being an elected official. But, that's what We the People do when you try to shove the establishment down our throats over and over while telling us it will be different this time.

The CRT, PC, and other Critical Theory and Alinsky tactics along with the left completely ignoring the "summer of love" (all communists) just add fuel to the fire.

Other elected officials aren't idiots?

He was the man needed at the time. The pushback we were waiting for. His flaws are no different than countless other politicians on both sides.

Republicans are running some flawed candidates.
Walker, Oz, Lake, Masters, MTG, Boebert

But Democrats struggle to beat them

The reason is they allow Republicans to control the message. Republicans are masters at diverting the issue and turning elections into discussions about Transexuals and CRT

You forgot crime and rising costs, as well as a self defeating energy policy.

Mac,

Read "It Was All A Lie" by Stewart Stevens. He tells you everything Republicans are doing now. Because he helped create the plan as a Republican strategist.

You forgot crime and rising costs, as well as a self defeating energy policy.
Republicans have nothing to offer, most of the troubles started during the pandemic or are caused by the pandemic. The real self defeating energy policy is to continue relying on fossil fuels.

Republicans have nothing to offer, most of the troubles started during the pandemic or are caused by the pandemic. The real self defeating energy policy is to continue relying on fossil fuels.

Most of the troubles caused by the pandemic were self inflicted by those on the left, and now they want to ignore the consequences.

The problem is politicians trying to change how energy production works by thinking they can legislate reality, while the science and more importantly the engineering simply hasn't caught up yet.

How is a person who rents an apartment and parks on the street supposed to charge their mandated EV if battery charging still takes a few hours?

Big Insurance is Mac1958's tribe. He regularly posts advertisements promoting the complete takeover of Medicare via Big Insurance's "Medicare Advantage" scam. Big Insurance forced this supposed "choice" upon us because they feel the Medicare Trust Fund belongs to them. They're extremely persistent and repetitive with their lies. Don't let them fool you.
The Medicare Advantage program (Part C) is not separately financed. Medicare Advantage plans, such as HMOs and PPOs, cover Part A, Part B, and (typically) Part D benefits. Funds for Part A benefits provided by Medicare Advantage plans are drawn from the Medicare HI trust fund (accounting for 42% of Medicare Advantage spending on Part A and B benefits in 2021). Funds for Parts B and D benefits are drawn from the Supplementary Medical Insurance (SMI) trust fund. Beneficiaries enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans pay the Part B premium and may pay an additional premium for their plan.
Dunno about you, but my folks never had to pay any Part B, Part D, Part Q,Z,Y.. premiums. Now we all must pay into Part B when retired despite paying into it at work all those years -- thanks to Mac1958's Big (Private) Insurance lobby. Mac1958's pocket book thanks all who approve his related messages here. Half likely also suckle straight from the same public "trust fund" teats.

To be crystal, we continue to need Medicare and Medicaid to help pay for healthcare related services. We do not need Medicare and Medicaid helping private fraudsters grab all the big pieces by sticking fear of loss "insurance" products between us and our actual healthcare.

Democrats in Pennsylvania know Lt. Governor Fetterman. You guys seem to ignore the fact he was voted in as second in command in the state of Pennsylvania.

And whites really need to stop talking about AA, because whites have gotten what they say AA is from the very beginning.
I'm well aware of the 8 agonizing years of Wolf-Fetterman we've had. Does it bother you how the Democrats in numerous places are now basically running their ads with two white guys in the foreground and a black man sitting obediently behind them in the background supporting them? Can you spell "U-S-E-D"???

Looks like the Democrats will be smeared (to some degree) here in a couple of weeks. I checked out this opinion piece to see what the pre-emptive self-reflection might look like.

Yes, the main reasoning for this will be that this is what has historically happened -- the party in power gets its ass kicked in off-year elections. Back and forth, back and forth, the two parties proving beyond any doubt that (a) they don't deserve too much power and (b) We the People wish they'd get the fuck over themselves and work together. And yes, if you look at the actual popular vote totals, the Dems still represent the most voters. That can only be denied by those who are being manipulated and lied to.

Both are true. BUT...

It doesn't look to me that the Democrats have yet looked honestly at what has (a) animated their political opponents and (b) kept other Americans from voting for them: Their positions on the wide range of issues that could be called "cultural". I've been screaming about Political Correctness and Identity Politics for the ten years I've been on this board, and now those tactics are coming home to roost. Do Democrats still feel that that's wrong, that those are winning issues for them at such a critical time?

PC/Identity Politics touches a wide range of topics, from the military to entertainment to education to crime. James Carville gets it. Bill Maher gets it. A few others get it. So do the Republicans. And now they're so energized and animated over them that they're on the verge of taking over our very electoral system over a lie from an obvious con man. Does this hit home to Democrats, at all? I don't see it in this opinion piece, or anywhere else.
The bottom line is Democrats don't have anything to run on. They have to deflect from just about every issue because every issue makes them look bad. Hell, Republicans are even turning the abortion issue back on Democrats by pointing out that Democrats have no restrictions of any kind and Democrats are acting like deer in the headlights on that issue, refusing to list even one restriction they would be ok with. Then they started telling Americans that if Republicans were elected, inflation would get worse. Really? When Americans can't afford gas, rents or mortgages, and groceries the only thing you've got is to claim the other side would make it even worse? And, with 70% of Americans thinking the country is going in the wrong direction, their campaign slogan is, "Let's keep on going in the same direction".

I'm part of that 70% and I blame BOTH parties.

A lot of Americans can see that, even if the party sheep can't.
LOL. Ummmmmmmmmmm, Democrats are sinking faster than a hog in a bog. Yes, Americans do see the truth and both the Senate and House are a turnin red.

Forum List

Back