Article: "Democrats debate themselves: Why do we suck?"

Vichy Mac, we don't need two Republican Parties. One is doing enough damage.

You've been "screaming about PC since that time in 2013 when HR informed you that your joke wasn't that funny, but the reality is, we are going to see ebb and flow as we always do.

The out of the White House Party ALWAYS makes gains in the midterms, especially immediately in the aftermath of a redistricting. Then the out of power party reminds everyone WHY they were voted out of power.

Democrats will do themselves no favors by screwing over their base to suck up to people who were never going to vote for them to start with.
damage?????
obviously your boy wife buys the groceries and gas cuz you haven't dealt with inflation

damage?????
obviously your boy wife buys the groceries and gas cuz you haven't dealt with inflation

Actually, I buy my own groceries. Yup, I'm spending $80.00 a week where I used to spend $60, and that kind of sucks.

I also had the good luck to lock into a low interest rate and I drive a fuel efficient car.

So you seem to be whining about your bad life choices.

But I'd rather deal with a little inflation than the Riots, Recession, and Plague Trump brought down on us.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Actually, I buy my own groceries. Yup, I'm spending $80.00 a week where I used to spend $60, and that kind of sucks.

I also had the good luck to lock into a low interest rate and I drive a fuel efficient car.

So you seem to be whining about your bad life choices.

But I'd rather deal with a little inflation than the Riots, Recession, and Plague Trump brought down on us.
These so called riots recession and plagues didn't affect me one bit.
an they didn't you either

These so called riots recession and plagues didn't affect me one bit.
an they didn't you either

Quite the contrary... My side business dropped by 70% during the worst of the plague, and I found myself out of my day job for about three months. That was after they made me work from home for three months at reduced salary. I can say I didn't get anywhere near the riots (mostly because the riots were actually kind of overhyped, and most of the demonstrations were peaceful, but people still saw angry black people and wet themselves.)

Fortunately, I was ready for the Trump Fuckup, because when he got into office, I said, 'Well, you know he's going to fuck it up, what do I need to do to weather the storm".

So I got rid of all my excess debt, made sure my assets were secure, and prepared.

Quite the contrary... My side business dropped by 70% during the worst of the plague, and I found myself out of my day job for about three months. That was after they made me work from home for three months at reduced salary. I can say I didn't get anywhere near the riots (mostly because the riots were actually kind of overhyped, and most of the demonstrations were peaceful, but people still saw angry black people and wet themselves.)

Fortunately, I was ready for the Trump Fuckup, because when he got into office, I said, 'Well, you know he's going to fuck it up, what do I need to do to weather the storm".

So I got rid of all my excess debt, made sure my assets were secure, and prepared.
Trump had nothing to do with it"

No, I turned Democrat because I realize Republicans destroyed the protections that I should have enjoyed as a worker.

And there it is...Your entitlement complex...News for ya, you're not entitled to anything....

I go back to my Dad, who in the last year of his life, had SERIOUS medical issues (eventually dying at 56). But his company didn't dare fire him, the Union would have had their asses.

I only had minor medical issues, which had very little effect on my performance, but that was enough for my boss, who routinely fired people who had medical issues, including pregnancy.

I had a VERY GOOD case for age and medical discrimination, but that would have involved years of litigation.

Like I said, I have no problem with unions in the private sector...I think they suck the appeal out of starting a business, and drive the end cost to the consumer up, but in some cases they are a necessary evil...

The things I love about this country are the things that you probably hate about it. Such as America is a welcoming place to immigrants.

Legal immigration isn't a problem....What is happening at our southern border is not that.

Looks like the Democrats will be smeared (to some degree) here in a couple of weeks. I checked out this opinion piece to see what the pre-emptive self-reflection might look like.

Yes, the main reasoning for this will be that this is what has historically happened -- the party in power gets its ass kicked in off-year elections. Back and forth, back and forth, the two parties proving beyond any doubt that (a) they don't deserve too much power and (b) We the People wish they'd get the fuck over themselves and work together. And yes, if you look at the actual popular vote totals, the Dems still represent the most voters. That can only be denied by those who are being manipulated and lied to.

Both are true. BUT...

It doesn't look to me that the Democrats have yet looked honestly at what has (a) animated their political opponents and (b) kept other Americans from voting for them: Their positions on the wide range of issues that could be called "cultural". I've been screaming about Political Correctness and Identity Politics for the ten years I've been on this board, and now those tactics are coming home to roost. Do Democrats still feel that that's wrong, that those are winning issues for them at such a critical time?

PC/Identity Politics touches a wide range of topics, from the military to entertainment to education to crime. James Carville gets it. Bill Maher gets it. A few others get it. So do the Republicans. And now they're so energized and animated over them that they're on the verge of taking over our very electoral system over a lie from an obvious con man. Does this hit home to Democrats, at all? I don't see it in this opinion piece, or anywhere else.
The irony is that they are pandering to a demographic that tops out at 50% turnout, usually far less.

Only $80? I can't make even the quickest visit to the grocery store for under $100. But I also buy pet food, household goods, etc.

The typical pet supply re-up is $100, every ten days or so.

So, you're alone....Thought so...

Who cares?

Wow, just like a Democrat, never willing to take responsibility for the destruction they cause.

And there it is...Your entitlement complex...News for ya, you're not entitled to anything....

Um, I should be entitled to them keeping their word... which they didn't.

Point was, when we had unions and workers rights, they wouldn't have tried this shit.

Like I said, I have no problem with unions in the private sector...I think they suck the appeal out of starting a business, and drive the end cost to the consumer up, but in some cases they are a necessary evil...

Actually, every workplace with more than 10 employees should have a union.

Legal immigration isn't a problem....What is happening at our southern border is not that.

No, what's happening is the result of all our bad policies over the last 170 years. .

Andrew Sullivan has a good article about this subject, just dropped yesterday...

Hard to argue with anything he wrote here.
Really? "The far left record"? Who might that be and when were they allowed in power?

Yep, best way to accomplish nothing of any practical use to anyone is to stand in the middle of the road, pontificating away with one hand while thumbing one's butt with the other.
So guess what? I’m going to vote for the Republican and the most conservative Independent I can find next Tuesday.
Yeah, do exactly what you're complaining about. Elect another thieving carnival barker. That'll show 'em! Idiot.

Forum List

Back