Arrest Warrant Issued for Amy Goodman in North Dakota After Covering Pipeline Protest

Amy Goodman, host and executive producer for Democracy Now, has been criminally charged for documenting attacks on indigenous protesters.

Goodman was charged with criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor offense. A team from Democracy Now! was in North Dakota last week to cover the Native American-led protests against the Dakota Access pipeline.

On Sept. 3, Democracy Now! filmed security guards working for the Dakota Access pipeline company using dogs and pepper spray to attack protesters. Democracy Now!’s report went viral online and was rebroadcast on many outlets, including CBS, NBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC and Huffington Post.

Breaking: Arrest Warrant Issued for Amy Goodman in North Dakota After Covering Pipeline Protest | Democracy Now!

One of her reports:

so she committed a crime and was arrested for that reason.

not the fake reason you and the other morons are making up.

stop spreading obvious lies, it doesn't help your cause to get more stupud people on your team.

Amy Goodman, host and executive producer for Democracy Now, has been criminally charged for documenting attacks on indigenous protesters.

Goodman was charged with criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor offense. A team from Democracy Now! was in North Dakota last week to cover the Native American-led protests against the Dakota Access pipeline.

On Sept. 3, Democracy Now! filmed security guards working for the Dakota Access pipeline company using dogs and pepper spray to attack protesters. Democracy Now!’s report went viral online and was rebroadcast on many outlets, including CBS, NBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC and Huffington Post.

Breaking: Arrest Warrant Issued for Amy Goodman in North Dakota After Covering Pipeline Protest | Democracy Now!

One of her reports:

stop spreading obvious lies, it doesn't help your cause to get more stupud people on your team.

I have little legal training but am positive that criminal trespass if a Felony.

One of her reports:

I have little legal training but am positive that criminal trespass if a Felony.

its a misdemeanor

she pays a fine, promises to be a good girl and gets sent home

No, she was charged for criminal trespass, not for covering the protest.
Amazingly, you have sunk to a new level of stupid.
Unamazingly, you do the old libtard trick of simply ignoring inconvenient facts.

The woman was arrested for CRIMINAL TRESPASS, not for covering the march, doofus.

its a misdemeanor

There are misdemeanor and also felony tresspass laws in all states, and it depends on the circumstances which law they use.

Do you know that in this particular case the journo is charged with the felony or the misdemeanor class trespass?

Amy Goodman is a moron
Glad to see P F Tinmore was able to turn you on to this issue
The issue is that today I read that the N Dakota AG said the pipeline wasn't crossing Indians burial grounds and will proceed as planned. Things could change 'cause you never know what bullcrap the tree huggers will come up with next.
Yeah... fuck Native Americans and trees...... :cuckoo:
You mean Indians. I'm a native American as I was born and reside in the US.
Word fascists need to be called out.
Actually, the word "Indians" comes from Christopher Columbus, when he first saw them and referred to them as "indios" (meaning in god's way as they were naked). It just got corrupted by Europeans as they came in. A more accurate description would be by their tribal (Lakhota, Cheyenne, et cetera) name or individual given names.
what a fucking idiot

Why did Columbus refer to the Native Americans as "Indians"?

Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER
Christopher Columbus called the Native Americans "Indians" in the mistaken belief that he had found India. Columbus landed in the Americas in 1492.

another leftist fuck trying to rewrite history

google translate - Google Search

and redefine words

its a misdemeanor

There are misdemeanor and also felony tresspass laws in all states, and it depends on the circumstances which law they use.

Do you know that in this particular case the journo is charged with the felony or the misdemeanor class trespass?
in the op they said misd

Glad to see P F Tinmore was able to turn you on to this issue
The issue is that today I read that the N Dakota AG said the pipeline wasn't crossing Indians burial grounds and will proceed as planned. Things could change 'cause you never know what bullcrap the tree huggers will come up with next.
Actually, the word "Indians" comes from Christopher Columbus, when he first saw them and referred to them as "indios" (meaning in god's way as they were naked). It just got corrupted by Europeans as they came in. A more accurate description would be by their tribal (Lakhota, Cheyenne, et cetera) name or individual given names.
what a fucking idiot

Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER
Christopher Columbus called the Native Americans "Indians" in the mistaken belief that he had found India. Columbus landed in the Americas in 1492.

and redefine words
While I agree you are right, I like the In-Dios explanation better, lol, as it is funny as hell.

The protesters need to bring machetes for when the guards next bring out the dogs. When the dogs attack, chop up the dogs.
That's not nice.
Indeed, it is the handlers and their bosses who should be arrested for cruelty to animals.
link?
proof?

Wait until the trial and find out what the Jurors say.
it won't go to trial unless she makes a scene and becomes a bitch.

actually, knowing leftist, she will make a scene and claim fascism or some other bs

what a fucking idiot

Q:
A:
QUICK ANSWER

and redefine words
While I agree you are right, I like the In-Dios explanation better, lol, as it is funny as hell.
love the part where they were naked as well.

complete bullshit

butt funny

in the op they said misd
Yeah, the article said, "An arrest warrant has been issued in North Dakota for Democracy Now! host and executive producer Amy Goodman. Goodman was charged with criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor offense. "

Normally I would assume that the person saying this meant that the charges were midemeanor charges, but that is not what the idiot journo said here.

They incorrectly stated that criminal trespassing is, and gave no exception, a misdemeanor, and not all cases of such are.

Are the charges she personally was hit with misdemeanor was what I am interested in.

And yes I found a copy of the charges and they are misdemeanor charges.

Unicorn Riot on Twitter

Forum List

Back