Arming people in movie theaters

Yes.....wasn't it the Luby's Cafe shooting and Suzanah Gratia Hupp who lost her parent's in the shooting who lobbied the Texas legislature to change the concealed carry law?

She was required by law to leave her gun in her car because Luby's served alcohol.....making it one of the first big cases of a gun free zone becoming a killing zone, when the guy drove his truck through the window and came out of his truck murdering people....including her 2 parents....

She also said had she had her gun, she had a direct opportunity to shoot the guy, but couldn't because the gun free zone disarmed her.....
Lubys in Killeen did not serve alcohol

The fantasy that this woman could have stopped the massacre if only she had her trusty shoot'n iron is an NRA fantasy

Err, why do you assume that?

Show me an example where an armed woman stopped a mass killing

Otherwise, we are talking NRA fantasies

I'm not going to research stopped mass shootings to see if or how often a woman stopped one.

It is possible that that woman could have shoot the mass shooter if she had had her gun.

Without it, she certainly could not.

I don't know why you assume women are so incapable of armed resistance or force.
300 million fucking guns in this country

Where are all the gun owners to "keep us safe"

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

We were discussing your belief that a woman cannot use a gun effectively.

You called it a "NRA fantasy".

An aside: I want to go out on a limb here.

I want to predict, based on nothing but you being a liberal, that you

a. Do not believe that a woman can use a gun effectively.

AND

b. support women in combat.

Am I correct? Yes or no.

Lubys in Killeen did not serve alcohol

The fantasy that this woman could have stopped the massacre if only she had her trusty shoot'n iron is an NRA fantasy

I'm not going to research stopped mass shootings to see if or how often a woman stopped one.

It is possible that that woman could have shoot the mass shooter if she had had her gun.

I don't know why you assume women are so incapable of armed resistance or force.

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

A. I don't believe most untrained women could handle an active shooter situation

B. I support trained women with demonstrated proficiency being in combat

If only she'd had a gun too.

Or maybe just make sure there are armed ushers. And those kids selling candy and soda and "popcorn"? They should be armed.

That way, at the first sound of gun shot, they can rush into the dark theater and mow them down.

What could possible go wrong?

Agree

Problem is there were not enough guns in that theater to respond after the first shot was fired

It was an accident. Returning fire would be stupid as hell.
Having a bunch of guns in a dark theater when a shot goes off and idiots assuming a massacre is taking place then randomly shooting at everyone else with a gun is bound to happen.

And yet in crowd situations during mass shootings where the idiot mass shooter chose a non gun free zone…….there hasn't been the problem has there…….normal gun owners have reacted incredibly responsibly in mass shooting attacks……...
So it's safe to assume that you are going to post a direct rebuttal to my statement and stop comparing apples to oranges...or not.

So it's safe to assume you think you make an actual statement?

Man's gun goes off in theater, hits woman

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

And. He should be arrested, and put in jail and she should sue him….

There are over 13 million people in the country who carry guns for self defense…number of accidental deaths in 2013… 505.

So by any measure this is not even a real story. The safety rate of normal gun owners who carry guns for self defense is amazing and shows how rare this incident actually is.

Nice try though…but you need to change reality in order for your point to be important.
Rare doesn't make it not real, though.

You're the kind that likely thinks throwing a lit cigarette in gasoline makes it explode.

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

A. I don't believe most untrained women could handle an active shooter situation

LOL!

It doesn't take special training to deduce that a mass shooter needs to be stopped and to aim and shoot, for a man or a woman.

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

There are over 13 million people in the country who carry guns for self defense…number of accidental deaths in 2013… 505.

So by any measure this is not even a real story. The safety rate of normal gun owners who carry guns for self defense is amazing and shows how rare this incident actually is.

Nice try though…but you need to change reality in order for your point to be important.

You're the kind that likely thinks throwing a lit cigarette in gasoline makes it explode.
Which of us hasn't had enough coffee yet this morning? Was that an insult or an agree?

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

Hopefully you don't believe most untrained men could handle an active shooter situation, either?

Which of us hasn't had enough coffee yet this morning? Was that an insult or an agree?

So you do think throwing a lit cigarette in gasoline makes it explode? You're an idiot if you do.

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

Hopefully you don't believe most untrained men could handle an active shooter situation, either?

Most untrained men COULD handle an active shooter situation.

It does not take special training to deduce that the man shooting people at random needs to be stopped and to aim and shoot.

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

LOL!

It doesn't take special training to deduce that a mass shooter needs to be stopped and to aim and shoot, for a man or a woman.
Ask our law enforcement about active shooter training and the confusion during the "fog of war"

Ask law enforcement how they react when arriving at a scene with multiple people shooting.

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

LOL!

Ask out law enforcement about active shooter training and the confusion during the "fog of war"

Ask law enforcement how they react when arriving at a scene with multiple people shooting.

you are pulling stuff outcha butt now

So you do think throwing a lit cigarette in gasoline makes it explode? You're an idiot if you do.
Insult. Got it.

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

Most untrained men COULD handle an active shooter situation.

It does not take special training to deduce that the man shooting people at random needs to be stopped and to aim and shoot.
Could a woman, as well?

Insult. Got it.

Not an insult when it won't happen that way. Still think throwing a lit cigarette in gasoline makes it explode? You won't provide an answer to my question.

You're goofin' on me, aren't you? I understand that it's supposedly the fumes that cause the explosion, but if you want to find me a puddle of fumeless gasoline and try it, be my guest. I'd prefer not to be there.

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

LOL!

Ask our law enforcement about active shooter training and the confusion during the "fog of war"

And then do some actual research and how it has actually happened in actual mass shooting events where armed citizens have been the ones to stop the shooters before the cops arrive. These things have already happened....at Gabby Giffords, the Klackamas mall, several church shootings.....and it has been fine......keep making up things that don't happen though...

It is a myth

Non sequitur.

AND

Am I correct? Yes or no.

again......you don't do your research but talk out of your butt.........women have used guns for self defense and used them repsonsibly and often with little to no training......

Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year according to bill clinton and barak obama, and a lot of those are women using guns........

Forum List

Back