Armed guards in schools, What could possibly go wrong?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
32-Year Veteran School Guard Leaves Gun In School Bathroom | Addicting Info

32-Year Veteran School Guard Leaves Gun In School Bathroom

The NRA made it clear – guns in schools will make them safe. “The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Well, unless that good guy leaves his gun in the school’s bathroom so he can neither protect his charges nor keep them from having access to his gun.

On January 13th of this year…just four days ago the Chatfield School in Lapeer, Michigan followed the directive of the NRA…to the letter. They hired an armed guard, an experienced Sheriff’s Deputy to take charge of security for their 500 child school. The announcement said “Thirty-two year retired Sheriff’s deputy in charge” and it was observed by the local Tea Party spokesperson that “a visitor to Chatfield School might mistake Clark Arnold for a smiling, kindly grandfather waiting for one of its nearly 500 students.”...

Just three days later…a report from the Flint Journal says that “A security officer at a Lapeer charter school left a firearm unattended in a school bathroom on Monday, Jan. 14, a school official said...

When I wrote that I didn't believe Arpaio's volunteers could do this job, the nutters had a fit. Then, it turned out those volunteers had criminal records, including CHILD MOLESTATION, for christ's sake.

And the nutters made even more excuses because they're just fine with armed pedophiles in parked cars outside grade schools.

I have no doubt the same bunch of nutters will have a shitload of brainless excuses for this. But, no matter how much mental masturbation you fools bang out on your keyboards, you are defending the indefensible.

Oh, and here's the original source so don't even bother with your usual shit about the source -

Security guard leaves gun unattended in restroom at Lapeer charter school | MLive.com

The NRA made it clear – guns in schools will make them safe. “The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Well, unless that good guy leaves his gun in the school’s bathroom so he can neither protect his charges nor keep them from having access to his gun.

On January 13th of this year…just four days ago the Chatfield School in Lapeer, Michigan followed the directive of the NRA…to the letter. They hired an armed guard, an experienced Sheriff’s Deputy to take charge of security for their 500 child school. The announcement said “Thirty-two year retired Sheriff’s deputy in charge” and it was observed by the local Tea Party spokesperson that “a visitor to Chatfield School might mistake Clark Arnold for a smiling, kindly grandfather waiting for one of its nearly 500 students.”...

Just three days later…a report from the Flint Journal says that “A security officer at a Lapeer charter school left a firearm unattended in a school bathroom on Monday, Jan. 14, a school official said...

When I wrote that I didn't believe Arpaio's volunteers could do this job, the nutters had a fit. Then, it turned out those volunteers had criminal records, including CHILD MOLESTATION, for christ's sake.

And the nutters made even more excuses because they're just fine with armed pedophiles in parked cars outside grade schools.

I have no doubt the same bunch of nutters will have a shitload of brainless excuses for this. But, no matter how much mental masturbation you fools bang out on your keyboards, you are defending the indefensible.

Oh, and here's the original source so don't even bother with your usual shit about the source -

Security guard leaves gun unattended in restroom at Lapeer charter school | MLive.com

You need to ask your hero Bill Clinton about Armed guards in school, while he was President he championed the idea and got it implemented with FEDERAL funds.

Whats one of the WORST things that could go wrong?

A) Crazy guy with a gun enters school, begins shooting
B) Cops respond to 911 calls of someone shooting at the school
C) A few armed teachers/janitors/plain clothes guards pull their guns, begin to run/roam the halls in the hunt
D) Cops arrive, see several random people in plain clothing running amidst the chaos while brandishing a gun

Well, you obviously see how that can go wrong. If you arm them, you MUST make them wear something identifiable. And read up on tunnel vision in high stress/combat. A stupid school ID card wont be enough. It'll have to be a big, bright piece of clothing, something bright, shiny and clearly identifying the person as a good guy, which, Im sure those items would never end up on Ebay and lunatics get something very similar.

Yep. Lots of issues.

C) A few armed teachers/janitors/plain clothes guards pull their guns, begin to run/roam the halls in the hunt
D) Cops arrive, see several random people in plain clothing running amidst the chaos while brandishing a gun

Well, you obviously see how that can go wrong. If you arm them, you MUST make them wear something identifiable. And read up on tunnel vision in high stress/combat. A stupid school ID card wont be enough. It'll have to be a big, bright piece of clothing, something bright, shiny and clearly identifying the person as a good guy, which, Im sure those items would never end up on Ebay and lunatics get something very similar.

Yep. Lots of issues.

In that kind of situation, not even the armed personnel being uniformed would make much of a difference. There's no time to properly identify authorized armed personnel. It's kill or be killed.

I say install police cameras with remote controled Tazers
Guns in all halls. Area Denial System too, just a little safer. 911 called in we have a video trained command center 24/7 shooting in seconds and informing the help coming

Last edited:
I'm not excusing it, but if you Google "Cop Forgets Gun" you'll see it happens more than you think. Apparently even Swedish Officers are forgetful!

Yeah Armed Guards should only be for Rich Celebrities, and Politicians right. I have 2 kids in School and I would love to see trained, armed guards in their school.

Yes we should shit can the entire idea because of the actions of one dunderhead.
You libs are so fucking stupid.
Lowest common denominator,right genius?

Yep. Lots of issues.
Guy drives his car on the road. Gets a piece of metal stuck in tire. Tire blows out sending car across median. Has head on collision with van full of kids. 15 people killed in horrible crash.
We ban cars?..
You want to save lives you have to take risks.
The problem with having armed security in schools is not the scenario you mentioned above. It is NOT taking advantage of the assets available to keep the schools reasonably secure from intruders who intend on doing harm.

Why not just satisfy liberals by aborting all future children so they will never have the chance to die in a classroom? Oh wait... The Teacher's Unions might not go for that...

Already a thread on this.

Of course liberals are going to panic at one single human being making a mistake and then act like all guards are equally as irresponsible.

Gee, what could go wrong if there are no guards at any schools. Students could be murdered by a crazed gunman.

All police and guards are human and will not be 100% perfect. Neither will the Secret Service, since they are humans, but I don't hear liberals whining that Obama and his family are surrounded by men with guns 24/7. His life is valuable, but apparently the rest of us are expendable and cannot even attempt to stay safe using armed guards.

The guard should be fired for being so careless. He is not typical, though liberals might have trouble understanding that. They think that everyone is only as smart as the most stupid person.

One teacher at a school retrieved his personal gun from his vehicle and shot a would-be mass murderer. Can't have any more of that shit, now can we? No, let's get all bent out of shape at one guy making one mistake.

Liberals want to punish the entire population for the mistakes and misdeeds of the few. That is seriously screwed up logic and yet liberals continue to act superior. Live in your homes without guns, but leave others alone. If you can't understand that good guys with guns make you safe against the bad guys with guns, then start writing letters to Washington and tell them that Obama needs to disarm his security people.

Or, if you think it's reasonable for Obama to have constant security and his children to attend schools with armed guards (who are also human and capable of making mistakes) outside, then shut the fuck up. The Obamas are not better than any of us and do not deserve anything that we don't.

Why not just satisfy liberals by aborting all future children so they will never have the chance to die in a classroom? Oh wait... The Teacher's Unions might not go for that...

Abortion is a decision for the pregnant woman to make, not you or I or Big Government. I'm surprised you haven't gotten that point yet. Are you mentally challenged?

There is only one answer.

Do away with public schools. Then the hordes of gunmen roaming each State won't have a target for their crazed gun binges!

Forum List

Back