Arizona State House Republicans Expels Election Denier Liz Harris.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
Arizona Republican Liz Harris was expelled from the state House of Representatives for inviting a witness to present false charges about lawmakers and other state officials — and then lying about her involvement in the outrageous testimony.

A bipartisan, two-thirds majority of the House voted Wednesday to kick out Harris, an election-denying freshman lawmaker from Chandler, a suburb of Phoenix.

The vote came the day after the release of a House Ethics Committee report, which concluded that Harris knew, or was at least aware, that a woman she arranged to testify at the Capitol would claim, without evidence, that a host of elected officials and judges, including Gov. Katie Hobbs, took bribes from the Sinaloa drug cartel and committed other crimes, such as money laundering.

Arizona Republican Liz Harris was expelled from the state House of Representatives for inviting a witness to present false charges about lawmakers and other state officials — and then lying about her involvement in the outrageous testimony.

A bipartisan, two-thirds majority of the House voted Wednesday to kick out Harris, an election-denying freshman lawmaker from Chandler, a suburb of Phoenix.

The vote came the day after the release of a House Ethics Committee report, which concluded that Harris knew, or was at least aware, that a woman she arranged to testify at the Capitol would claim, without evidence, that a host of elected officials and judges, including Gov. Katie Hobbs, took bribes from the Sinaloa drug cartel and committed other crimes, such as money laundering.
I find this heartening..could it be that an outbreak of sanity is due? Where better than Arizona?

This will send the deniers a-clutching those pearls!

iu

So according to you, it is now okay to disrupt a legislative session including the use of a bullhorn inside the chamber that was in session.
OK? Not really given it that much thought. Political stunts, Kabuki theater and overwrought ranting have been the staple of politics forever.
This thread, however, is about an avowed election denier bringing in people to lie to her colleagues--then lying about doing so.
Not quite the same thing. One is a lapse of decorum..that I would have punished internally..without abrogating the will of the People of Tennessee.
This case is about a Representative betraying her oath in an attempt to subvert the will of her constituency and the People of Arizona.
Do you see the difference?

The expulsion is sexist, racist, & misogynistic...

Or it would be if she were a DEMOCRAT.

:auiqs.jpg:

I see all the partisans have now swithched their views on expelling someone from a legislative body. The partisan mindset has now joined death, and taxes as being a constant in life.
There are a few differences in the two cases. The one I find interesting is that, in Tennessee, the people were expelled by the opposition..while in Arizona it was their own party that did the deed. I somehow doubt that this case will result with Harris re-seated in a few days.
That being said, for sure the knee-jerkers will have their day.

This was a bipartisan vote, try to remember that.
The vote is not the partisan I was talking about is the reactions from the partisans here in politics and the media and on both sides who switch their views on something when its convenient for them to do so. I rather suspect you knew this.

The vote is not the partisan I was talking about is the reactions from the partisans here in politics and the media and on both sides who switch their views on something when its convenient for them to do so. I rather suspect you knew this.

The two events are not equal.

This seems a little bit contrived to me. She was voted in by her constituents, regardless if everyone hates her.

Expulsion should be reserved for something more serious than some "Offending the Dignity of the House" sort of thing. Like an actual crime.

There is no censure available other than expulsion? She can't be stripped of committees and given a closet office? Lol.

Her guest witness said some crazy things- no one in the hearing bothered to call a point of order? They just let her go on for 45 minutes? Witnesses are expected to follow rules of decorum too...

I'm not defending her, just seems like the punishment doesn't necessarily fit the crime. It's the extreme remedy, it should be reserved for the extreme offenses.

The news made my day. She was our district's state representative and her election denying antics were one reason last November the number of Democrats I voted for slightly out-numbered Republicans, for a change. The claims that many Republicans in leadership roles, as well as Democrats, were taking Mexican drug cartel money to influence the election was too much for even the state's GOP to stomach. Expanding the fantasy to include the Mormons' involvement certainly promised the kiss of death.

It's clear what is going on here. Soros sent these people in while he was getting some Cosmic Pizza.

Hey Goofy, when are you starting that gender polling thread?

I told you there would be no poll. A poll limits answers, the opposite of what I was going for.

This seems a little bit contrived to me. She was voted in by her constituents, regardless if everyone hates her.

Expulsion should be reserved for something more serious than some "Offending the Dignity of the House" sort of thing. Like an actual crime.

There is no censure available other than expulsion? She can't be stripped of committees and given a closet office? Lol.

Her guest witness said some crazy things- no one in the hearing bothered to call a point of order? They just let her go on for 45 minutes? Witnesses are expected to follow rules of decorum too...

I'm not defending her, just seems like the punishment doesn't necessarily fit the crime. It's the extreme remedy, it should be reserved for the extreme offenses.

Subornation of Perjury is a real crime.

1752. Subornation Of Perjury

Subornation of Perjury is a real crime.

1752. Subornation Of Perjury
AFAIK, Perjury is knowingly providing false testimony under oath, with the intent and purpose of altering the outcome of a trial or some other official proceeding.

Inducing someone else to commit perjury is a crime, sure. I haven't seen anything that makes me think this fits. Was the witness convicted of perjury for her statements? Was it even given under oath? Most witnesses are not sworn in.

If the Rep has committed a criminal act of some sort, that could be grounds for expulsion (imho)- but a mere accusation?

Forum List

Back