Aren't republicans the true moochers in this country by their disdain for paying taxes?

Post # 165 and post # 167. Here again, the theives are the Democrats, again, pull up Illinois union pensions. All controlled by the Democrats, not rich people, unless of course you're grouping the Dems as rich? I guess that could be, but I'd put them in a different bucket.
Ok, here's what I was talking about: Looting the Pension Funds How Wall Street Robs Public Workers Rolling Stone

Also, since you seem sincere, here are the graphs I was referring to:
productivity-and-real-wages.jpg

growth-in-income-inequality1.jpg

See if you can process these two bits of information and come to a conclusion.

Ok ... I processed these two bits of information, and concluded you don't know what the hell you're talking about. That IS what you wanted me to realize, right?

These charts are so loaded, so inaccurate, so incomplete, they are worthless as data comparisons .... can you, by any chance, show us the impact of automation? Perhaps, you can show us the impact of taxes on wages? How about a comparison of new and small businesses (which would fall outside your 'major sector' nonsense)? Maybe you can do a comparison of taxes paid vs. income, or maybe the impact of increases in government handouts? How about including service industry jobs?

See? The data you present is worthless.
If I had time and inclination, I probably could show you what you're asking and it still wouldn't change your viewpoint. Even the vaunted Cato Institute data that you posted didn't go into that kind of detail.
Nor, obviously, did your research ... which explains why your position is, in a word, wrong. My hope is that you study the information, and in doing so, find out just how disconnected from economic reality you really are. But, of course, I'm not holding my breath.
If you have a point to make using the data you specified, then make it. I have two college degrees and work in a department with 4 PhDs and 4 master's degree holders. I'll get it.
how is Sheldon and Leonard and the rest of the crew?...........

Apparently they expect the government to pay for everything for them. Is it that they are too dumb to realize revenue pays for our military, public schools and highways etc.?

The newest republican tax cut proposal would add 440 billion to our national debt. More proof republicans don't give a shit about the issue

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally.

A battle over taxes divides Democrats. More to come - The Washington Post

To be a mooch you actually have to mooch something. The rich pay their taxes, so calling them "mooches" is pure slander.

Furthermore, the rich generally don't use government services. They put their children in private schools and they have their own private security.

Your claim is simply a bald faced lie.

Well, that's bullshit. If they use a road, a bridge, a bank, a car, an airplane, or a telephone, a television, drink city water, protected by the police and fire department services, or the military, or have their trash hauled away, they are, directly or indirectly, using government services. Are there any other stupid right wing comments you care to make?

I pay for those ... half the people in this country don't.

Just say thank you.

Apparently they expect the government to pay for everything for them. Is it that they are too dumb to realize revenue pays for our military, public schools and highways etc.?

The newest republican tax cut proposal would add 440 billion to our national debt. More proof republicans don't give a shit about the issue

To be a mooch you actually have to mooch something. The rich pay their taxes, so calling them "mooches" is pure slander.

Furthermore, the rich generally don't use government services. They put their children in private schools and they have their own private security.

Well, that's bullshit. If they use a road, a bridge, a bank, a car, an airplane, or a telephone, a television, drink city water, protected by the police and fire department services, or the military, or have their trash hauled away, they are, directly or indirectly, using government services. Are there any other stupid right wing comments you care to make?

Our trash haulers are private.

The guys who build our roads are private companies working off government contracts. I could do a better job issuing the contract than the government and would get it built better for less.

Police and Fire.....local entities....

Military....I "use" the military ?

Not all trash haulers are private. Whether or not private companies are building roads is irrelevant to the fact that it is the government who pays to have the roads built. But hey, since you claim to be able to do better, then perhaps you should start your own government and write up the contracts (and pay for them) yourself. it would save the rest of us a hell of a lot of money.

The military protects you and your family, dufus. You didn't know this? huh.

You are correct. There are places that won't allow private companies to do the work. No competition for us.

Government contracts are paid for by taxes. You bet, I'd be able to do better. Why do I need a new government ? But if I did start one...it would be very small. And why would I pay for them myself. I'd just have 4 wheel drive. If a bunch of us wanted a new road...we could do it ourselves.

In todays world, if city hall even allowed it, they subject you to all kinds of meaningless codes and regulations (that I am sure you've kidded yourself into believing somehow improve the quality of life). If they just gave me the final specs...I'd kick their asses.

It appears that you are saying that you would prefer to live without government altogether. And I have to ask who, exactly, is going to guarantee you your freedoms (assuming you even understand the word)?

Just say thank you.

So you are saying that half the people in this country are living below the poverty level? Oh my, you really are brainwashed, aren't you?

Just say thank you.

So you are saying that half the people in this country are living below the poverty level? Oh my, you really are brainwashed, aren't you?

Nope - I'm saying that less than 50% of the people in this country are paying an unfair amount of the cost of government services. I note that you make no mention of those who use it for free ... believe me, the miles I drive cost a hell of a lot more than the miles you drive. I live in a neighborhood that hasn't seen a fire engine in 10 years, but yet, I pay an inordinate share of the cost of that service. Oh, by the way, I also pay for my water .... and an added fee so they can give water to those who can't, or won't, pay.

The guys who build our roads are private companies working off government contracts. I could do a better job issuing the contract than the government and would get it built better for less.

Not all trash haulers are private. Whether or not private companies are building roads is irrelevant to the fact that it is the government who pays to have the roads built. But hey, since you claim to be able to do better, then perhaps you should start your own government and write up the contracts (and pay for them) yourself. it would save the rest of us a hell of a lot of money.

You are correct. There are places that won't allow private companies to do the work. No competition for us.

Government contracts are paid for by taxes. You bet, I'd be able to do better. Why do I need a new government ? But if I did start one...it would be very small. And why would I pay for them myself. I'd just have 4 wheel drive. If a bunch of us wanted a new road...we could do it ourselves.

In todays world, if city hall even allowed it, they subject you to all kinds of meaningless codes and regulations (that I am sure you've kidded yourself into believing somehow improve the quality of life). If they just gave me the final specs...I'd kick their asses.

It appears that you are saying that you would prefer to live without government altogether. And I have to ask who, exactly, is going to guarantee you your freedoms (assuming you even understand the word)?

I notice how blithely you leap to great extremes when it suits your purpose ... reductio ad absurdum is a tool of intellectually weak.

Private security. Asking the government to guard your freedoms is like asking a fox to guard your hen house. Government is the primary threat to your freedom.

Last edited:

If you want to know what I want, you could ask. Instead you make stuff up.

I totally agree with John Jay's statement in Federalist #2. Government is an absolute necessity. But only for the most essential functions.

You're an imbecile. There is no component of reality which could ever hope to make any of that ever make sense.

What American expects the government to pay for anything they have, do, want or need? Names... and the specific instances wherein you can show ANY potential correlation to that drivel.

Just say thank you.

Nope - I'm saying that less than 50% of the people in this country are paying an unfair amount of the cost of government services. I note that you make no mention of those who use it for free ... believe me, the miles I drive cost a hell of a lot more than the miles you drive. I live in a neighborhood that hasn't seen a fire engine in 10 years, but yet, I pay an inordinate share of the cost of that service. Oh, by the way, I also pay for my water .... and an added fee so they can give water to those who can't, or won't, pay.

The cost of fire services isn't on a need for service basis, dude. It is there for everyone, should the need arise. Using your logic, no one has invaded my state in 150 years, therefore, we don't need a military. I haven't used welfare, therefore the country doesn't need it. Safety nets are there whether or not we get a direct benefit of them, because, believe me, if you ever need it, you are going to thank the stars they are there.

I notice how blithely you leap to great extremes when it suits your purpose ... reductio ad absurdum is a tool of intellectually weak.

I'll make a note of the fact that you didn't answer the question.

Private security. Asking the government to guard your freedoms is like asking a fox to guard your hen house. Government is the primary threat to your freedom.

Spoken like a true anarchist. Congratulations.

If you want to know what I want, you could ask. Instead you make stuff up.

I totally agree with John Jay's statement in Federalist #2. Government is an absolute necessity. But only for the most essential functions.

So who gets to decide what those "most essential functions" are? You?

I'll make a note of the fact that you didn't answer the question.

i got a better idea ... why don't you make note of the fact that you so strongly believe in the righteousness of your position that you don't even bother to read responses.

(The answer to the question you asked me is in Post 205). I'll wait here for your apology.

Since you obviously addressed the wrong responder, it certainly reflects badly on your thought processes.

Just say thank you.

The cost of fire services isn't on a need for service basis, dude. It is there for everyone, should the need arise. Using your logic, no one has invaded my state in 150 years, therefore, we don't need a military. I haven't used welfare, therefore the country doesn't need it. Safety nets are there whether or not we get a direct benefit of them, because, believe me, if you ever need it, you are going to thank the stars they are there.

Yes, our federal safety net is there for everyone but I believe SpareChange is saying that if one considers FICA to be an insurance premium (which it is) and not a tax, then virtually none of federal tax revenues are derived from the bottom 50% of earners and that the top 40% of earners carry most of the federal tax load. FICA is pass through revenue ... that is it is earmarked to pay retirement benefits to those who EARNED them.

Ok, here's what I was talking about: Looting the Pension Funds How Wall Street Robs Public Workers Rolling Stone

Also, since you seem sincere, here are the graphs I was referring to:
productivity-and-real-wages.jpg

growth-in-income-inequality1.jpg

See if you can process these two bits of information and come to a conclusion.

Ok ... I processed these two bits of information, and concluded you don't know what the hell you're talking about. That IS what you wanted me to realize, right?

These charts are so loaded, so inaccurate, so incomplete, they are worthless as data comparisons .... can you, by any chance, show us the impact of automation? Perhaps, you can show us the impact of taxes on wages? How about a comparison of new and small businesses (which would fall outside your 'major sector' nonsense)? Maybe you can do a comparison of taxes paid vs. income, or maybe the impact of increases in government handouts? How about including service industry jobs?

See? The data you present is worthless.
If I had time and inclination, I probably could show you what you're asking and it still wouldn't change your viewpoint. Even the vaunted Cato Institute data that you posted didn't go into that kind of detail.
Nor, obviously, did your research ... which explains why your position is, in a word, wrong. My hope is that you study the information, and in doing so, find out just how disconnected from economic reality you really are. But, of course, I'm not holding my breath.
If you have a point to make using the data you specified, then make it. I have two college degrees and work in a department with 4 PhDs and 4 master's degree holders. I'll get it.

WOW! 2 degrees!!! Work with 4 PhDs and 4 Master's Degrees ......

I am soooooooooooooooo .......

unimpressed.

You are the guy who walked in here with spurious data, tried to pass it off as a proof, thinking we would be all impressed with the really cool colors and lines, had the temerity to tell us to process it, and then when challenged intellectually, try to run and hide.

And, now, you want ME to do your work for you??? I don't think so ...
Wow, an Adjunct Professor who disparages higher education. I smell bullshit three miles high. So you want to obfuscate by throwing in a bunch of spurious noise and then can't be bothered to explain what it all means. Yeah, you're legit.

Oh please. The rich don't use gov services? Are you kidding me? You really think private schools is the only services they don't benefit from?

Do the rich use welfare? Do they need Social Security? Aside from the courts and the military, is there any government service the rich benefit from?

For starters, they benefit from the taxpayer funded education that most of the people receive whose productivity is responsible for the rich being rich.

I see so it's the wealthier person's job to pay for everyone else education... What else do the middle class and poor, even uper middle and lower wealthy have to not pay for. Please, go on....

Oh please. The rich don't use gov services? Are you kidding me? You really think private schools is the only services they don't benefit from?

Do the rich use welfare? Do they need Social Security? Aside from the courts and the military, is there any government service the rich benefit from?

For starters, they benefit from the taxpayer funded education that most of the people receive whose productivity is responsible for the rich being rich.

Hmmm, . . . no. Being smarter, more financially responsible and working harder are the reason the rich are rich. It doesn't take a college education to screw a nut onto a bolt. Trained monkeys could do it. Furthermore, the rich have to pay good money to people with good educations, so they are already compensated for their educations by the rich. Why should the rich pay any additional compensation?

These cons aren't smart enough to understand such abstract ideas.

Libs aren't smart enough to understand that most of what they believe is bullshit.

Forum List

Back