CDZ Are your political beliefs more important to you than your country ?

I read this article and it got me thinking about this. Its a conservative reaction but it could work for liberals as well. For example when the country is being run by someone like Trump.

I cant imagine wanting my country or countrymen to fail. But we are a small nation and generally have to seek compensation in results other than an outright victory.

But rejoicing in a defeat suggests that some people identify more with their politics than they do with their country.

Are these people just outliers or is this a general feeling ? Does this make you less of an American ?
What came to my mind reading your post is these Olympians who disrespect their own country so much they turn their backs on the American flag and national anthem. They are supposed to be representing our country but, if they don't like our country, then what in the hell are they doing there in the first place? They are nothing but selfish brats who are there only for themselves and not for their country. As such, we shouldn't be celebrating them unless they are truly representing our country and not themselves.

When sports, a recreational pass time, healthy distraction from everyday stress, jumps into the political arena by the actions of the players it becomes what it is today, a sad pathetic joke, not worth watching. Thank God for HS and college sports it’s all we have left.

I read this article and it got me thinking about this. Its a conservative reaction but it could work for liberals as well. For example when the country is being run by someone like Trump.

I cant imagine wanting my country or countrymen to fail. But we are a small nation and generally have to seek compensation in results other than an outright victory.

But rejoicing in a defeat suggests that some people identify more with their politics than they do with their country.

Are these people just outliers or is this a general feeling ? Does this make you less of an American ?

Daily Mail handles the truth carelessly.

The story might be exaggerated or even made up.

Politics is not my God, and my general Republican views are subject to my good sense. I can and often do sublimate my political views.

It was the liberals in the team that divided themselves away from US, not the other way around.

I would have been happy to have them represent US, as a group. THey choose to express their hostility to me.

Thus, I am happy to see them fail.

Does that help you understand?

Amazing how many Americans have convinced themselves that (a) their interpretation of the Constitution is the only "right" one, and (b) their way of doing things is the only "right" way for America.

These are people who have zero (0) curiosity about the life experiences, perspectives, priorities and opinions of other Americans. They simply don't care about that. It's just all about them.

What a small, ugly, narcissistic way to go through life.

Amazing how many Americans have convinced themselves that (a) their interpretation of the Constitution is the only "right" one, and (b) their way of doing things is the only "right" way for America.

These are people who have zero (0) curiosity about the life experiences, perspectives, priorities and opinions of other Americans. They simply don't care about that. It's just all about them.

The Constitution should be applied as it's written. Shall not be infringed means exactly that.

The Constitution should be applied as it's written. Shall not be infringed means exactly that.

What is really amazing is how many Americans have allowed themselves to be deceived into believing that the Constitution can legitimately be “interpreted” to mean anything contrary to what it explicitly says.

The country was designed to allow different beliefs and to an extent systems.

It was called federalism.

That the left seeks to homogenize the country defeats that.

From my perspective....if my tax dollars are paying for their training and participation (and I don't know that they are), I don't want them doing anything political.

I cheered for their loss and am still cheering. Frankly, I was hoping a couple would blow out knees or something.

Wow. Coming from a man who repeatedly and openly states that he is not going to listen to what other people say.

The lack of self awareness is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Wow. Coming from a man who repeatedly and openly states that he is not going to listen to what other people say.

The lack of self awareness is beyond my ability to comprehend.
Wrong, as usual. Your consistency is remarkable.

I pay very close attention to what you people say. I consume your media. I ask many questions. I start polls here. I listen carefully.

I have merely given up trying to communicate with you people online. It's pointless and terribly, terribly boring.

In fact, I can argue your points better than you can, because my comments are not laced with dishonesty, distortion, misinformation, personal attacks, denial, shallow talking points and bullshit.

So, you're just wrong. Again. Sorry.

May that strength be there during bad times. And it will not.

They are not my team. They may come from the same landmass as me. They may have the American flag on their uniform. America is not a landmass. It is not a flag. It’s a creed. A creed that they hate. That rights come from god, not government. That governments only mandate is to protect those rights. That all men are created equal. That justice should be blind, not social. The founding principals of this nation they declare as the “patriarchy”, “white supremacy”. They are not Americans, they are postmodernist/critical theory acolytes, which is antithetical to American values. It’s actually what post modernism was designed to do, destroy and supplant enlightenment values. They are not Americans and I grinned when they lost.

Forum List

Back