CDZ Are your political beliefs more important to you than your country ?

The US was founded on protest. Protesting is as American as you can get.

Real protest against real evil....the Woke crowd has a vastly distorted understanding of the founding of this country and how this country has matured over time......

I'm afraid that that's just where we are in America right now. The highest priority is not the country, but beating the other tribe. I'm not even sure what the tribes think "beating" even means. The lower priority is working together for the good of the country.

I'd guess that mentality represents roughly 30% of the country, but they are by far the loudest and most influential. A majority of the country would rather see the sides work together.

Defeating the democrat party is making the country the highest priority....

The premis of this troll thread is dishonest, and it does not belong in the clean debate section.

Of course, what else do you expect considering the source?

There is no getting away from the fact that we choice party propaganda, American against American, over working together for the betterment of all.

I read this article and it got me thinking about this. Its a conservative reaction but it could work for liberals as well. For example when the country is being run by someone like Trump.

I cant imagine wanting my country or countrymen to fail. But we are a small nation and generally have to seek compensation in results other than an outright victory.

But rejoicing in a defeat suggests that some people identify more with their politics than they do with their country.

Are these people just outliers or is this a general feeling ? Does this make you less of an American ?

As an actual conservative, I'll support my American team. But I won't support their politics. And wished they'd keep politics out the the olympics. In fact, I wished the owners of the professional leagues would not allow their players to bring politics and their "causes" onto the field.
Sports is one thing. Politics is another. They should be separate.

The US was founded on protest. Protesting is as American as you can get.

Sometimes, for most people, there's nothing worth protesting. Most of us, who keep our noses clean, who don't hold thugs on a pedestal, who spend more time living life than worrying about some cause, just don't have time to protest. We got important things to do. Wives to tend to. Kids to feed. Jobs to go to. And on the weekend, we got steaks to grill, sports to watch. Beer to drink.
We can't do any of that important stuff, if we're out protesting for some thug who was pointing a gun at a cop when he got shot.

Sometimes, for most people, there's nothing worth protesting. Most of us, who keep our noses clean, who don't hold thugs on a pedestal, who spend more time living life than worrying about some cause, just don't have time to protest. We got important things to do. Wives to tend to. Kids to feed. Jobs to go to. And on the weekend, we got steaks to grill, sports to watch. Beer to drink.
We can't do any of that important stuff, if we're out protesting for some thug who was pointing a gun at a cop when he got shot.
.....and some of us are even smart enough to realize it was actually the virtue-signalling spoiled brat soccer team who put their politics ahead of country and not those who oppose their childish stunt.

There is no getting away from the fact that we choice party propaganda, American against American, over working together for the betterment of all.
One problem here is that we can't even agree that "the betterment of all" is a goal. For some, such a notion makes you an evil commie.

There are fairly identifiable groups on both ends of our spectrum who are successfully tugging on that end for their own professional gain. I'm afraid that if those people can't be somehow motivated to change their behaviors, this only continues.

Our Constitution may be strong enough to hold us together officially and legally, but otherwise, we're essentially seeing a (currently) lower-level Balkanization here. It turns out, we're not better than that. It turns out, we're not so "exceptional".

Last edited:

I read this article and it got me thinking about this. Its a conservative reaction but it could work for liberals as well. For example when the country is being run by someone like Trump.

I cant imagine wanting my country or countrymen to fail. But we are a small nation and generally have to seek compensation in results other than an outright victory.

But rejoicing in a defeat suggests that some people identify more with their politics than they do with their country.

Are these people just outliers or is this a general feeling ? Does this make you less of an American ?
1430468619637.jpg

I cant imagine wanting my country or countrymen to fail
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

I would reject that. The US is better in some respects and worse in others. When people choose to protest you need to listen to what they are saying. Protest is a privilege but folk dont do it lightly..

Well Tommy that viewpoint would have you at odds with the leftist movement. They think America itself is nothing but a racist, sexist nation which is poisoned with horrible attributes.

If they were willing to admit that America has some redeeming qualities, I think more would listen.. but they don't. They kneel before the American flag and then don't protest at all when the Chinese flag flies.. which has massive human rights violations.

When a movement has a stated goal of destroying what a country is, it's daft to say they are for the country.

Forum List

Back