Are your hands streaked with blue lines?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
My hands are streaked with blue lines, I think these are veins, they are visible. And I once heard that the expression "blue blood" comes from it, which means something like nobility. Blue blood, from the blue lines of the veins. You can't see it on my upper arm, only on the back of the hand. I find it interesting.

The term "blue blood" as attached to royals arises from their pale skin color, which provided a greater contrast with the color of their venation. Those who worked in the field became tanned, which lessened this contrast, while the royals who didn't do a lick of real work, were spared the effects of the sun to a much greater degree.

My hands are streaked with blue lines, I think these are veins, they are visible. And I once heard that the expression "blue blood" comes from it, which means something like nobility. Blue blood, from the blue lines of the veins. You can't see it on my upper arm, only on the back of the hand. I find it interesting.

Question is, Mort, are your boxers streaked with brown? Mine are.

My hands have liver spots.

Forum List

Back