Are woke politics affecting how much Olympics you are watching?

How much are you watching the Olympics compared to other years?

• More - Watching more because of woke athletes

• More - No political reason, just watching more this year

• I'm watching the normal amount be it lots, some or none

• Less - No political reason, just a bad year for me to watch

• Less - Woke politics is the reason

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP, what's "woke politics?"

Is that where you mandate the hours of the day citizens are allowed to be awake?

That you don't know what terms mean is a pretty useless response. And don't quite your day job, Don Rickles

I'm not watching very much bordering on none at all 'cause it puzzles me why the athletes spend their lives mastering difficult skills which have no connection to real life (unless they want a job with Cirque du Soleil).

So you don't like sports, good for you. There is an answer in the poll that covers that

No but NBC making it a pain in the ass to channel swap killed it for me.

I'm used to going from channel to channel. I don't want to load up fucking peacock

Bothers me more in our pro sports. THe mother fuckers make billions a year....They could literally buy an election if they wanted and it's pure entertainment they're there to make money not bitch to me as soon to be billionaires with real power.

This is most Olympians one shot to say something, and it's not in theory for money. Although I question turning your back on a flag you're representing lol. But a lot of other protests that aren't very anti nationalist (of the country you're representing) make sense. It's more the discussions and commercials I find annoying. A big virtue signal party that is so far from earnest it's painful

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
So they still aren't woke enough for you? That option didn't occur to me.

What do you mean by "commercial?" In what way? Just asking.
Why are countries that practice slavery allowed in ? Why is it not a true test of ability rather than which countries have most money ? Why do they need flags to promote nationalism ? How is dancing horses a sport ? Why is Coke an appropriate sponsor ?

No, we're quite used to how conservatives see everything through their lens of victimhood. This is just another example.

Have you tried special preparation H for severe butt hurt? You really sound like you need it

I'm not watching very much bordering on none at all 'cause it puzzles me why the athletes spend their lives mastering difficult skills which have no connection to real life (unless they want a job with Cirque du Soleil).

Men do it for this magical thing called status

"hi i'm an olympian" is gonna beat just about everything in status but other athletes and very very powerful/rich people.

Giants and Dodgers are playing a three game set this week ... who has time for Olympics? ...

Fox Sports is broadcasting the Copa Oro games as well ... better competition ...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
For me, absolutely. I usually love the Olympics. I normally watch pretty much any sport the US has a chance of medaling in. This year? Haven't turned it on. I do NOT watch the Olympics for politics at all, even if it wasn't leftist fascist woke politics.

I always loved the US women's soccer team. Now I want them to lose every game. What a bunch of useless bitches who don't realize how great they have it in life. Just look at the millions crashing our borders just to get in, and they are already here and don't appreciate it.

The women's basketball team oddly had to justify NOT protesting the flag, as if that needed to be explained.

I'm tired of it. I haven't turned it on yet and currently have no plans to do so. I'd rather lose every event with real Americans who appreciate their country than win with faux outrage prima donnas. I'm sorry for all the athletes who don't support that. But too many do and I'm sick of it.

What about you?

They haven't missed you.

So stop whining.

Why are countries that practice slavery allowed in ? Why is it not a true test of ability rather than which countries have most money ? Why do they need flags to promote nationalism ? How is dancing horses a sport ? Why is Coke an appropriate sponsor ?

Why are countries that practice slavery allowed in ? - You mean like China? A country that practices slavery is going to host the next Olympics. Standards and measurements are not easy when you get into morality. It's a very unmoral world in a lot of ways. But as for me I'm open to suggestions. What do you propose more specifically?

Why is it not a true test of ability rather than which countries have most money ? - I don't know what that means. Can you be more specific?

Why do they need flags to promote nationalism ? - loaded question. The teams are by country, why would they not display their flag. I'm not sure I follow this. Are you proposing only individuals go, like the US Open?

How is dancing horses a sport ? - It's not one I'm interested in. Kind of a vague point, there are a lot of sports I'm not interested in, and I'm interested in more than most people

Why is Coke an appropriate sponsor ? - Why wouldn't they be? They are woke, you said you want more wokeness

They haven't missed you.

So stop whining.

What are you, six? Normally I ask bitter kvetches if you're eight, but you're clearly not that mature. Get that anger out, little one. Get it out

I've weened off it over the years. The same tedious marxist politburo that cheerleads the destruction of Trump covers synchronized swimming, and that's a deal-killer for me.

Just a hint of lipsticked nutsacks competing with women was enough to push me away forever.

I'll check the medal count in a few weeks. Actually, no I won't.... that's a lie. I don't give a fuck, in the least.

What are you, six? Normally I ask bitter kvetches if you're eight, but you're clearly not that mature. Get that anger out, little one. Get it out
What exactly are you calling "woke" in the coverage of the Olympics? Too many people of color?

What exactly are you calling "woke" in the coverage of the Olympics? Too many people of color?

How do you know a leftists knows you are losing an argument? When you start screaming you're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist! You're a racist!

I accept your admission you have nothing in your head and nothing in your pants. Race baiting is racism, racist

Absolutely.

I want to see athletic competition WITHOUT the political BS. I don't give a fuck about their beliefs or politics. I care how well they can perform in their chosen field.

So, as a consequence, I haven't watched a single second of any of it and I won't either.

Are woke politics affecting how much Olympics you are watching?​

No....The continued horrid coverage has caused me to not watch them....And the addition of idiotic "events" like synchronized swimming, the goofy gymnastics with the streamer thingy, and skateboarding has caused me to lose all interest in them entirely.

The Olympics is a clown show.

Badminton is a real nail-biter.

Many of them make careers of their specialties. Have you not seen the McKayla Maroney commercial for Geico? I imagine she was paid very well for that.

Olympic medalist is a huge boost to someone's resume.

Absolutely.

I want to see athletic competition WITHOUT the political BS. I don't give a fuck about their beliefs or politics. I care how well they can perform in their chosen field.

So, as a consequence, I haven't watched a single second of any of it and I won't either.

I've watched swimming and beach volleyball. I haven't heard a word of politics in any of it.

Actually, woke is too many people who think their opinion in a sporting event matters.

But you racists are going to race-bait regardless.

I've watched swimming and beach volleyball. I haven't heard a word of politics in any of it.
I have. When they kneel a the podium or for a national anthem, they are making a political statemen.

Individual events don't matter. If he AOC cannot get them in line, then they are undeserving of any of My attention.

Forum List

Back