Are we fully engaged in a passive civil war right now?

Lets be honest and call it what it really is….Republicans and Democrats / Left and Right…..We HATE eachother and view eachother as enemies / adversaries.
The Right believes the Left is America’s greatest threat, an existential threat, our worst enemy.
Does ‘civil war‘ really require gun fire and deaths?
Yes. That's why they call it "war." There are lots and lots of rioting, hatreds, disagreements, protests, etc.

But it's not revolution or civil war unless at least hundreds and more likely thousands of people die fighting.

It's just a matter of definition, that's all. Words mean what they mean.

We may be pre-civil war, but we are not in one yet. When we are, we'll all know it.

You'll get it when you no longer want it.
Nah, I like flowing against the river while flooding the entire area when it goes back to it normal way…

I believe it is that damn Sagittarius in me or the Rat in me or just being part MacEachern that make me that type of Horses ass that enjoy pissing in the wind…

Get it yet?

Well, there's a thing called a vote (democracy), and a thing called representative democracy (each person can vote for someone to represent them). Without this system, it's called anarchy. Unfortunately, the President of someone's choice isn't elected, so they have to lump it. Triumphantly, sometimes the President of their choice is elected and they're happier.

Now, if people feel they should be in some kind of civil war because they really dislike another group, they need to move somewhere like North Korea for a reality check.
Such is the state of our political/electoral system, which both incentivizes and rewards the worst impulses of its participants.

The system is tailor-made for our worst tribal instincts, and for those whose egos are too fragile to give an inch.

We have to change the system before it's too late.

Yes. That's why they call it "war." There are lots and lots of rioting, hatreds, disagreements, protests, etc.

But it's not revolution or civil war unless at least hundreds and more likely thousands of people die fighting.

It's just a matter of definition, that's all. Words mean what they mean.

We may be pre-civil war, but we are not in one yet. When we are, we'll all know it.
Get the party rolling baby!

What are we waiting for?

Such is the state of our political/electoral system, which both incentivizes and rewards the worst impulses of its participants.

The system is tailor-made for our worst tribal instincts, and for those whose egos are too fragile to give an inch.

We have to change the system before it's too late.
How, exactly?

How, exactly?
  1. Short, strict congressional term limits.
  2. Publicly-funded elections.
  3. Ranked choice voting.
  4. Non-partisan primaries.
  5. Independent redistricting commissions.

Lets be honest and call it what it really is….Republicans and Democrats / Left and Right…..We HATE eachother and view eachother as enemies / adversaries.
I don't hate democrats! I started out in life a democrat along with most everyone else where I grew up! Just that they hate me and call me a brainwashed terrorist now and want to inject me against my will, silence my free speech, replace me with people who don't even have a 3rd grade education while tearing down my country that I feel compelled to fight back in my own defense!

Forum List

Back