Are there any other blues fans on here?

Cool. Do you have a favorite type of blues or a favorite blues musician? Muddy Waters is my favorite all-time. I like pretty much everything he released. Classic Chicago Blues of the 1950's and 60's is my favorite type of blues. But I like all kinds of blues music.

I do not know the genre as well I would like to. Ummm, Johnny Lang if you can consider him as such, Clapton if you consider him as such, I mean this is excluding the hoards of people that have done blues music but might not have specialized in it per se, right? Would Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac count? Fleetwood Mac and all of their incarnations are amongst my favorite recording, touring, and live performing groups of all time for me though I imagine their earlier years are what would mainly be considered bluesy at times. Does it matter their skin color, lol? How about B.B. King? I met him once and conversed with him in the back of his tour bus "alone" (his skinny body guard who looked like was his age was watching me the whole time) for a while back in 1998. Pretty sure he counts, eh? :)

Sorry, but you have used up your share of the internet for tonight. Please insert three more quarters in your machine to continue.

I do not know the genre as well I would like to. Ummm, Johnny Lang if you can consider him as such, Clapton if you consider him as such, I mean this is excluding the hoards of people that have done blues music but might not have specialized in it per se, right? Would Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac count? Fleetwood Mac and all of their incarnations are amongst my favorite recording, touring, and live performing groups of all time for me though I imagine their earlier years are what would mainly be considered bluesy at times. Does it matter their skin color, lol? How about B.B. King? I met him once and conversed with him in the back of his tour bus "alone" (his skinny body guard who looked like was his age was watching me the whole time) for a while back in 1998. Pretty sure he counts, eh? :)
Yep, those are all blues musicians to me. Clapton and Peter Green are rooted in the blues. Skin color does NOT matter, it's the feeling and passion they put into their music. That's SO cool you got to talk to B.B., I'm envious! I never got a chance to meet him and never saw him perform live. I had a chance to see him a couple times, can't remember WHY I didn't. I was probably low on spending money at the time or had no working vehicle to get me there. B.B. King is one of the absolute greats in blues, his influence on other blues and rock musicians can't be overestimated.

Lol. 'twas a joke. Please lay down the nuke.

On a side note concerning B.B. King that is funny and cool. He had his name dropped in two interesting places. One on the studio long play by The Beatles called "Abbey Road" though I don't remember off hand what song and the other being "Moonwalk" the autobiography by Michael Jackson talking about his (B.B.'s) live l.p. entitled "Live At The Regal". How many 28 year olds can release autobiographies that are legit?

I'm a big fan of blues music, especially the classic Chicago Blues of the 1950's and 60's. Muddy Waters is my all-time favorite blues musician, and probably my favorite in ANY music genre. I also really like the music of Howlin' Wolf and Little Walter. I like a lot of the pre-World War Two acoustic country blues as well. Robert Johnson and Skip James are my favorite pre-War blues musicians.
Of course there is. Sure beats the crap out of the garbage played a kazillion times... you know that BOOM BOOM TIZ, BOOM BOOM TIZ stuff?

Well, you can start here...

BLUES MUSIC AWARDS - Blues Foundation

Last edited:

Forum List

Back