Are the Palestinians a real people?

ForeverYoung436

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2009
They speak Arabic, like in 21 other countries. They wear the keffiya and hijab, like in 21 other countries. They eat hummus and shwarma, like in 21 other countries. They celebrate Mohammed's birthday and Abraham's near sacrifice of his son, like in 21 other countries.

In Israel, they speak Hebrew. It's the only country with this national language. In Israel, they wear the kippa and kova temble, like in no other country. In Israel, they eat gefilte fish, kugel, kishke, and cholent, like in no other country. In Israel, the national holidays are Yom Kippur, Passover and Hanukkah. These are no other country's national holidays.

Why does Tinmore want to destroy the only Jewish state in the world to set up a 22nd jihadist state? Is this what the world really needs?

So tired of the ramblings of professional victims.

Do you mean the Palestinians or the Jews?
I don't know what he was intending, but the so-called Palestinians have turned their pretend victimization into a multi billion dollar industry.

They murder Jews, they whine if they are prevented in any way from doing so and the world rewards them by sending them boatloads of cash.

this has to be the only group in the world where ethic based mass murder provides their main source of income.

They speak Arabic, like in 21 other countries. They wear the keffiya and hijab, like in 21 other countries. They eat hummus and shwarma, like in 21 other countries. They celebrate Mohammed's birthday and Abraham's near sacrifice of his son, like in 21 other countries.

In Israel, they speak Hebrew. It's the only country with this national language. In Israel, they wear the kippa and kova temble, like in no other country. In Israel, they eat gefilte fish, kugel, kishke, and cholent, like in no other country. In Israel, the national holidays are Yom Kippur, Passover and Hanukkah. These are no other country's national holidays.

Why does Tinmore want to destroy the only Jewish state in the world to set up a 22nd jihadist state? Is this what the world really needs?[/QUOTE

Oh yes, I forgot tahini for the Arabs and matzo ball soup for the Jews.

No. Arab-Muslim so-called 'Palestinians' are not a 'real' (separate and distinguishable) people, neither ethnically nor politically.

They are a rag-tag collection of tribal fragments; many of them the descendants of drifters, only recently arrived.

More importantly, they foolishly chose to stay in 'refugee' camps and towns for multiple generations rather than facing reality and leaving.

Under-performers and losers who 'never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.'

Even their Arab-Muslim neighbors have long-since written them off as (collectively) too stupid to ever become a viable nation.

Last edited:

Why does Tinmore want to destroy the only Jewish state in the world to set up a 22nd jihadist state? Is this what the world really needs?
Why do you need to deny Palestinians their identity in order to support Jewish rights?

Why do you need to deny Palestinians their identity in order to support Jewish rights?

Its NOT their identity to speak Arabic, wear keffiya and hijab, eat hummus and shwarma, celebrate Mohammed's birthday and Abraham's near sacrifice of his son?

Seems to me ForeverYoung436 was accepting Arab Palestinian identity, rather than denying it.

Its NOT their identity to speak Arabic, wear keffiya and hijab, eat hummus and shwarma, celebrate Mohammed's birthday and Abraham's near sacrifice of his son?
It's not.
Seems to me ForeverYoung436 was accepting Arab Palestinian identity, rather than denying it.
You consider the words "like in 21 other countries" as support of Palestinian identity? OK... :cool-45:

It's not.
You consider the words "like in 21 other countries" as support of Palestinian identity? OK... :cool-45:

I’m pretty sure you missed my point and my sarcasm here.

Arab Palestinian identity IS Arab.

It's not.

OK
So, Palestinian Arabs have no special identity? But you insist that they have special rights, even national rights.

He can’t stand the fact that the Jewish State exists. His desperation? The You Tube Video he posts where HASIDIC Hews are dancing with Hamas. Enjoy it

It's not.

OK
So, Palestinian Arabs have no special identity? But you insist that they have special rights, even national rights.

Although you asked this of Shusha, I'll give my own answer until she gives hers. They have no special identity, but they happen to live in the Land, unfortunately. So if they agree to share it, I'd be willing to let them have their own national rights. If they want to take over all of it, then not.

OK

The right to self-identification is not a "special right". It is a human right applicable to ALL peoples.

The Arab Palestinians do have a unique identity. That identity is Arab and was developed in the past 100 years as a national identity, largely as an opposing force to Jewish reclamation of their homeland. What the Arab Palestinians do NOT have is a heritage or culture which stretches backwards in time beyond the Islamic invasion and colonization. Why? Because their identity does not include any of the unique cultural attributes from earlier cultures. (And, I'd argue, their attempt to co-opt those previous cultures is nothing more than a scam to further remove Jews from their own history. The Arabs are not invested in re-constituting the Canaanite and Israelite cultures, let's be honest. They are fully committed to being Arabs.)

So, are you the one to prove Coyote right by saying that Arab Palestinians shouldn't have a nation because ... Arabs? If so, then you are no better than Tinmore who insists that Jews can't have a nation because ... Jews.

Of course they are real. They are flesh and blood. They are Arabs, a nomadic people who migrated into the middle east from North Africa during the great drought of the 2nd century AD when the Mediterranean had receded.

You do realize that Palestinians are also Christian?

And how is attempting to portray them as just like any other Arab accepting their identity? It isn’t. It is denying their identity as Palestinians.

And how is attempting to portray them as just like any other Arab accepting their identity? It isn’t. It is denying their identity as Palestinians.

Constitution of Palestine

Article 1. Palestine is part of the larger Arab world, and the Palestinian people are part of the Arab nation. Arab unity is an objective that the Palestinian people shall work to achieve.

Article 4
1. Islam is the official religion in Palestine. Respect for the sanctity of all other divine religions shall be maintained.
2. The principles of Islamic Shari’a shall be a principal source of legislation.
3. Arabic shall be the official language.

Why are you trying to deny that Arab Palestinians identity is Arab?

Constitution of Palestine

Article 1. Palestine is part of the larger Arab world, and the Palestinian people are part of the Arab nation. Arab unity is an objective that the Palestinian people shall work to achieve.

Article 4
1. Islam is the official religion in Palestine. Respect for the sanctity of all other divine religions shall be maintained.
2. The principles of Islamic Shari’a shall be a principal source of legislation.
3. Arabic shall be the official language.

Why are you trying to deny that Arab Palestinians identity is Arab?

I am saying their identity is Palestinian within a larger Arab cultural affiliation. Like Cherokee are Cherokee but also Native American. More to the point though, Arab is a much broader term than simply meaning those who came from the Arabian peninsula as many here try to claim the Palestinians are.

What does Arabization mean?

1. Arabization

Arabization or Arabisation describes a growing cultural influence on a non-Arab area that gradually changes into one that speaks Arabic and/or incorporates Arab culture and Arab identity. It was most prominently achieved during the 7th century Arabian Muslim conquests which spread the Arabic language, culture, and—having been carried out by Arabian Muslims as opposed to Arab Christians or Arabic speaking Jews—the religion of Islam to the lands they conquered. The result: some elements of Arabian origin combined in various forms and degrees with elements taken from conquered civilizations and ultimately denominated "Arab", as opposed to "Arabian". After the rise of Islam in the Arabian Peninsula, Arab culture and language spread through trade with African states, conquest, and intermarriage of the non-Arab local population with the Arabs, in Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Iraq and the Sudan. The peninsular Arabic language became common among these areas; dialects also formed. Also, though Yemen is traditionally held to be the homeland of Arabs, most of the population did not speak Arabic prior to the spread of Islam. The influence of Arabic has also been profound in many other countries whose cultures have been influenced by Islam. Arabic was a major source of vocabulary for languages as diverse as Berber, spoken Indonesian, Tagalog, Malay, Maltese, Portuguese, Sindhi, Punjabi, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, as well as other languages in countries where these languages are spoken; a process that reached its high point in the 10th to the 14th centuries, the high point of Arabic culture, and although many of these words have fallen out of use since then, many remain. For example the Arabic word for book /kita:b/ is used in all the languages listed, apart from Malay and Indonesian and Portuguese and Spanish.

I am saying their identity is Palestinian ...

Yes. I agree.

But there is no way to define "Palestinian" as a meaningful term until 100 years ago. Any attempt to define it prior to that gets awfully muddy.

Forum List

Back