Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

I believe it is evidence of evolution. Lots of people want to include abiogenesis in with the theory of evolution, but they are not the same thing.
I believe to the contrary, that all the breeds of dogs demonstrate that with all the tampering ---- dogs remain dogs, cats remain cats, and calling a horse a dog doesn't mean that either is related...
Okay, believe what you want.

I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

Nope.. Its a result of selective breeding.
Exactly. Breeders are very specific about the physical attributes they want when selecting mating pairs.
So is GOD
Odd, because the Noah fable identifies He and his immediate family left to repopulate the planet. The gods were specific about incestuous and familial relations?

They repopulated the planet in 100 years before the collapse of the Tower of Babel. Isn't that amazing?
Your history is in error. There were approximately 700 years to repopulate the planet from the FLOOD to the building of the TOWER.

I don't have a science background and don't know much about evolution but I believe the answer to my question is YES. What say you? Here's an article that delves into the topic.

the horse proves in bred evolution. However there is no clear proof or real evidence that a single mammal has ever evolved into 2 or more distinctly different species.

NOPE!!!

all dog breeds are is a effect of breeding and environment,,

any breeder will tell you give me two pure breeds and in a few generations you wont recognize them,,

I believe it is evidence of evolution. Lots of people want to include abiogenesis in with the theory of evolution, but they are not the same thing.
I believe to the contrary, that all the breeds of dogs demonstrate that with all the tampering ---- dogs remain dogs, cats remain cats, and calling a horse a dog doesn't mean that either is related...
Okay, believe what you want.
I do what you do.

But
Isn't evolution itself "selective breeding"
Those most capable of surviving pass those traits onto offspring, others die out
Over time the traits that ensure survival become stronger and those that don't, fade away.
Without evolution this
1621822732515.png

could never morph into this
1621822776618.png

It's more a demonstration of evolution. Evolution itself is simply change in the genetic code over a population of a species.

But
Those most capable of surviving pass those traits onto offspring, others die out
Over time the traits that ensure survival become stronger and those that don't, fade away.
Without evolution this
View attachment 492899
View attachment 492900
Okay, but you are talking about "natural" means of selection. It is still evolution, in the strict sense of changes in the genetic code over a population of a species due to breeding alone.

But
Without evolution this
View attachment 492899
View attachment 492900
Okay, but you are talking about "natural" means of selection. It is still evolution, in the strict sense of changes in the genetic code over a population of a species due to breeding alone.
There is ZERO functional difference between them.
The traits that make the animal more likely to survive in the wild are passed on to its offspring.
The traits that are more likely to have a dog sold for profit rather than tossed in the trash are passed on to ITS offspring.

There is ZERO functional difference between them.
But there are genetic differences. I know they are the same species. But it is, indeed, an example of evolution, in the strict sense.
Birds evolved from dinosaurs but I'm sure there are genetic differences.
Uh...okay. That's a safe bet.
Is a feather a modified scale ? OR is a scale a modified feather ???

Forum List

Back