Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country?

Among other things. Taz hates the fact that the universe was created because he knows what that means. That is why he won't concede the universe being created. It's pretty funny, really. An atheist denying accepted science, making silly nit picky arguments all to keep from facing the reality that God created the universe.

(By the way, regent was a typo, of course, should be regnant. Fixed it in the above. )

What I meant: did he actually post some link earlier to some source making that ridiculous claim about these guys, particularly Vilenkin?
There's no telling what BS Taz and Hollie post.

The universe likely started at some point, but until we can see the BB, we won't know for sure that it's not another expansion after a Big Crunch, maybe a super massive black hole sucks up everything in the universe and blows up...

Dude, so you didn't even notice that I intentionally conflated your Big Crunch and black hole guesswork!

Observe:
A Big Crunch sucked up by a black hole?! A black hole residing outside of some cyclical Big Crunch?! How does that absurdity work? You obviously don't know what a Big Crunch is supposed to be in the first place.

That's what I thought. That's the third time you either didn't read or understand my posts. PAY ATTENTION!

Regarding your ridiculous Super Massive Black Hole Model, I wrote:
Because of the gravitational ejection events of violent relaxation and Hawking radiation, nothing even remotely close to all the matter in the universe could ever be consumed by black holes in the first place, let alone by "a super massive black hole." Sans any intervention, the end of the universe is a heat death.

Sure thing, Nostradamus.

Nostradamus, eh? Don't know what I'm talking about, eh?

No, Black Holes Will Never Consume The Universe

Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country?

Our first allegiance is to our countries.

Our laws and political leanings are moving us towards laïcité, a rather rigid form of the best religious freedoms/ideology, quirky or not, for all. Keep it to yourself will be the order of the day. Happy days. All within a Western style of freedom seeking governance.

Should our backwards thinking mainstream religions be asked to be more representative of good law?

Negative discrimination without a just cause is what Yahweh admits to doing in Job 2;3., when he allowed Satan to move him to sin against Job.

Christians should admit their sin and stop preaching that it is a good to be homophobic and misogynous, contradicting the law of the land.

Regards
DL

Answer not a fool according to his folly lest thou be like unto him.

Go from the presence of a foolish man.

"IN GOD WE TRUST" - Motto of the United States of America, on every coin, on every bill of currency

"God save the United States and this Honorable Court." - Opening prayer for every session of the Supreme Court

The universe likely started at some point, but until we can seethe BB, we won't know for sure that it's not another expansion after a Big Crunch, maybe a super massive black hole sucks up everything in the universe and blows up... You just have no imagination and are desperate for it all to have been poofed into being by your invisible magician.

Okay, Taz, since you brought up the Big Crunch hypothesis, let's start with the basics and then systematically survey the alternative models that have been proposed over the years in an attempt to explain the absurdity of an eternally existing universe. . . .

First, absorb the following excerpt from my article:

We may now see the synthesis reduced to its essential integrants: inflationary theory and the Big Bang model.​
Inflationary Theory
While it necessarily presupposes certain initial conditions relative to the three major problems listed in the above, the calculi of inflationary theory smoothly correlate with the extant conditions observed in the universe. In other words, while cosmic inflation "resolves these problems" in an ad hoc fashion, it, nevertheless, accounts for the absence of magnetic monopoles in and the flatness of the extant universe, as well as the homogeneity and isotropy of the extant universe, negating the horizon problem. And while Guth initially proposed cosmic inflation in 1980 to fix the standard Big Bang model relative to extant conditions, these conditions have since been additionally affirmed by the detailed observations of the cosmic microwave background (CMB). Additionally, significant, indirect evidence—not bottomed on ad hoc calculi of initial conditions relative to extant conditions—supports cosmic inflation. For example, the spectral radiance of the CMB features a very distinct pattern (small irregularities of varying sizes) consistent with what would be expected if a uniformly distributed hot gas were effectuated by quantum fluctuations.​
Big Bang Model (State)
The model exquisitely describes how the universe expanded from a very high-density and high-temperature state after the rapid, exponential expansion of space, including a wide range of phenomena: chemical diversity and the abundance of vital light elements; large scale, astronomical structures and systems; Hubble's law regarding relative galactic motion; the afterglow of radiation permeating the universe (CMB).​
Bottom line: the Big Bang model most certainly does recount an absolute beginning of our universe in the finite past!​
To which atheists routinely respond: "scientists are talking about the visible universe."​
By this they presumably don't mean to preclude the wider, observable universe of today (approximately 93 billion light years in diameter) or preclude the continuously expanding universe beyond as if the visible universe were something other than our universe. Rather, they're unwittingly alluding to the earliest visible image of the universe, which dates back to the time when it was approximately 380,000 years old and 42 million light years in radius. Technically, the visible universe denotes that of the recombination epoch, the earliest point in cosmological history at which we can look back via the CMB. Before this epoch, the universe was too hot and dense—a sea of opaque plasma containing baryonic matter and electromagnetic radiation—to create the CMB. The universe cooled enough for electrons and primordial atomic nuclei (bounded protons and neutrons) to recombine into neutral atoms. From that point on photons were free to travel, and the universe became increasingly transparent. Immediately following on the heels of cosmic inflation, the initial stage of the Big Bang state is the quark epoch, which is extrapolated backwards from the CMB. The CMB is a snapshot of the final stage of the Big Bang state, which is the recombination epoch.​
The referents observable universe and visible universe are often used interchangeably, but for obvious reasons, one should be aware of the technical distinction. In any event, the point the atheist thinks he's ultimately making is that the calculi of the Big Bang model do not necessarily preclude the potentiality of an eternally self-subsistent cosmos of some kind in which the Big Bang only obtains to the beginning of our universe. As we shall see this is nonsense. Our universe may not be the only universe within a multiverse or world ensemble, but all of the evidence refutes a past-eternal cosmos.​
You’re taking too much stuff on faith. Until we can see the BB and what there was before that, it’s all, like you say, theories. Nobody can yet say for sure, that’s why I’m agnostic on god and most things. I’ll believe the empirical evidence when I see it, and don’t take anything on faith.

The universe likely started at some point, but until we can see the BB, we won't know for sure that it's not another expansion after a Big Crunch, maybe a super massive black hole sucks up everything in the universe and blows up...

Dude, so you didn't even notice that I intentionally conflated your Big Crunch and black hole guesswork!

Observe:
A Big Crunch sucked up by a black hole?! A black hole residing outside of some cyclical Big Crunch?! How does that absurdity work? You obviously don't know what a Big Crunch is supposed to be in the first place.

That's what I thought. That's the third time you either didn't read or understand my posts. PAY ATTENTION!

Regarding your ridiculous Super Massive Black Hole Model, I wrote:
Because of the gravitational ejection events of violent relaxation and Hawking radiation, nothing even remotely close to all the matter in the universe could ever be consumed by black holes in the first place, let alone by "a super massive black hole." Sans any intervention, the end of the universe is a heat death.

Sure thing, Nostradamus.

Nostradamus, eh? Don't know what I'm talking about, eh?

No, Black Holes Will Never Consume The Universe
Wow! It’s written in a book! It must be true! Now go read your bible.
I’ll say it again because you’re kinda slow, until we can see the BB, we can only guess at what’s there. You seem convinced that you already know what’s there, making you a pompous jackass.

It's probably just a coincidence that a universe hardwired to produce intelligence just popped into existence out of nothing. :lol:

It's probably just a coincidence that a universe hardwired to produce intelligence just popped into existence out of nothing. :lol:
"popped into existence out of nothing". Again, not proven with empirical evidence. It must scare you not to know, because you need to make something up, instead of waiting to see what we find, which is way more exciting.

Last edited:
"popped into existence out of nothing". Again, not proven with empirical evidence. It must scare you not to know, because you need to make something up, instead of waiting to see what we find, which is way more exciting.
First we need to teach you some science. Start here.

1616347087401.png

View attachment 470499
From your personal collection no doubt.

What scares you about not knowing what the BB is and how/why it started?

View attachment 470499

But we do know. Maybe this will help you to understand.

Last edited:
Until we can see the BB and what there was before that, it’s all, like you say, theories.

Dude, what you keep referring to as the BB is the cause of cosmic inflation, namely, the separation of the four fundamental forces of nature. We know for a fact that they separated. No separation, no universe! But the universe exists and they are separate today. We don't have to observe their separation to know that there was a separation in the finite past. The only thing we're trying to work out is the precise order of their separation and the precise order of the mechanics of cosmic inflation. That's all. There is no general, theoretical breach in our knowledge. Rather, the gaps in our knowledge go to the details . . . regarding the beginning of our universe of today.

No one is saying that our universe is necessarily the one and only to have ever existed. It's theoretically possible that ours is just one universe in an ensemble of universes or just one universe in a cyclical series of universes.

The issue of whether or not the cosmological order at large can be past eternal is an entirely different issue.

There are two issues here, not just one. I will show you why the the cosmological order at large cannot be past eternal, but you still don't grasp the imperatives of the first as you keep conflating the two distinct issues.

We know what the BB was, Taz. It was the separation of the four fundamental forces of nature in the cosmic quantum field, which caused cosmic inflation.

Why do you keep denying science, Taz?

Last edited:

View attachment 470499

You know as well as I do that we can't see it. Seriously brah...

Until we can see the BB and what there was before that, it’s all, like you say, theories.

Dude, what you keep referring to as the BB is the cause of cosmic inflation, namely, the separation of the four fundamental forces of nature. We know for a fact that they separated. No separation, no universe! But the universe exists and they are separate today. We don't have to observe their separation to know that there was a separation in the finite past. The only thing we're trying to work out is the precise order of their separation and the precise order of the mechanics of cosmic inflation. That's all. There is no general, theoretical breach in our knowledge. Rather, the gaps in our knowledge go to the details . . . regarding the beginning of our universe of today.

No one is saying that our universe is necessarily the one and only to have ever existed. It's theoretically possible that ours is just one universe in an ensemble of universes or just one universe in a cyclical series of universes.

The issue of whether or not the cosmological order at large can be past eternal is an entirely different issue.

There are two issues here, not just one. I will show you why the the cosmological order at large cannot be past eternal, but you still don't grasp the imperatives of the first as you keep conflating the two distinct issues.
Until we can see the BB, we won't know for sure if it's the separation of the 4 forces or something else. And I get multi-verses, and like everything else, I'm agnostic on that, until empirical proof...

View attachment 470499

You can't see it because there was no light at that point, dummy.

What's your level of education anyway?

We know what the BB was, Taz. It was the separation of the four fundamental forces of nature in the cosmic quantum field, which caused cosmic inflation.

Why do you keep denying science, Taz?
That's EXACTLY how dingbat would put it. WORD FOR WORD! Now go change your socks, they smell. :lol:

View attachment 470499

What's your education level anyway?
Ok, so we agree that we can't see the BB. Good start. Now go tell your sock.

View attachment 470499

Ok, so we agree that we can't see the BB. Good start. Now go tell your sock.
But we can see the artifacts of the big bang and we know from super colliders that the artifacts are from matter / anti matter annihilation and we know that since the universe is expanding it must have started from a single point and we know that Einstein's field equations confirm the universe started from a single point.

Forum List

Back