Are Biden and Bernie too old to be president? Seriously?!

What maximum "inauguration age" should a political party allow a presidential candidate to run ?

Votes: 4 66.7%

Votes: 1 16.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Biden would be 78 when inaugurated and Bernie 79, the actuaries say that they would only have about 8-years left, their last 8-years as president?! Reagan was 77 when he left office, and he was starting to lose his sharpness. I give Biden and Bernie credit for functioning well at 78, but no one beats Father Time, no one.

Trump will be a few months older than Reagan if he wins a 2nd term, getting out at 78. The same age Biden and Bernie would be starting.

Most of us retire between 62 and 67, the ages we can start getting Social Security. We get Medicare at 65, so basically 65 is the age most of us get put out to pasture.

So the poll asks a simple question. Should 65, 70, 75, or 80 be the maximum age a president starts the 1st term? Don't we want a president at the top of their game mentally and physically?

My choice would be 55 or 60 as a top-end, at the time of Inauguration.

The job - when done right - ages our Presidents at an incredible rate.

The job - when done right - is no job for Old Men... or Women.

Something in the range 55-60 gives you maturity, experience, and some wisdom, but you're not yet a creaking relic.

It'll never happen, because our laws prohibit it, but, in any surreal "Do-Over" environment, that would be my choice.

Last edited:

Something in the range 55-60 gives you maturity, experience, and some wisdom, but you're not yet a creaking relic.

It'll never happen, because our laws prohibit it, but, in any surreal "Do-Over" environment, that would be my choice.

Vote in the poll. The GOP and Dems should add rules for running for president, like the dems added the requirement to run for the dems you need to be a dem, and not an indy.

I am less concerned about their age than Biden's creepiness and the fact he is just a Democrat Party HACK, and Bernie's crazy, far left, communist ideas.

Vote in the poll. The GOP and Dems should add rules for running for president, like the dems added the requirement to run for the dems you need to be a dem, and not an indy.
Include my options as choices in the poll, and I will.

I think Bernie and Joe lost their mental capacities many years ago and now it's pretty obvious their energy levels make Hillary C. look like an Olympic gymnast.

Whereas it seems Trump's energy level puts your average pothead 30 yr. old TDS-er to shame.

It's not necessarily the age, it's the mental and physical fitness.

:stir:

I think Bernie and Joe lost their mental capacities many years ago and now it's pretty obvious their energy levels make Hillary C. look like an Olympic gymnast.

Whereas it seems Trump's energy level puts your average pothead 30 yr. old TDS-er to shame.

Energy level to sit on your ass most of the day is tough..

Consider exercise .. :wink_2:

Consider exercise .. :wink_2:
If you can get a message through to Trump good luck he's rather lethargic..

Include my options as choices in the poll, and I will.

The "average age" of US presidents when elected is about 55, and people are living longer and healthier now than long ago, so IMHO if 55 is the "average" the maximum allowed should be somewhat older. Reagan and Trump seem to prove that 70 is not bad. The thread seems to ask is 75 or 80 (Biden and Bernie) too old?
Trump Is Set To Become The Oldest President In U.S. History [Infographic]

True, but a sharp 80 year old could be severely limited at 85 or 88? Its a matter of looking 8-years out and seeing what the risks are. What if a senile 75 year old gets crazy ideas? Do we want to risk using the 25th Amendment to remove him? Its all about managing risk.

Max age to enter a pResidency should be 50. Young enough to be real. Old enough to realize his/her younger days fuckups. Like swapping girlfriends and killing an 8 ball of blow at a closed country clubs pool at 3 am :2up:

Last edited:

You obviously have no idea how exhausting that job really is. Have you never seen the difference between how presidents look when they start and when they leave? Pretending physical exertion is the only exhausting activity is foolish.

Considering the sorts of views offered by today's democratic candidates and the general personality traits of the sitting president, I'd say that right now the maximum age appears to be 7.

There is no age limit, if they can handle the job then they can get elected..

That's just it, can they handle the job? I wouldn't want an octogenarian performing brain surgery, for example. Mental acuity and the ability to juggle multiple high priority issues simultaneously tends to fade with age. It's one of the reasons why we didn't want Hillary with her stumbling and apparent seizures to be answering that phone at 3am.

That's just it, can they handle the job? I wouldn't want an octogenarian performing brain surgery, for example. Mental acuity and the ability to juggle multiple high priority issues simultaneously tends to fade with age. It's one of the reasons why we didn't want Hillary with her stumbling and apparent seizures to be answering that phone at 3am.
Considering that the president doesn't rule alone I'd say you have too many biased opinions..

Obama may have been slightly grayer than when he started, but he looked relaxed and rested when he left office. Either it was all the golf, or the fact that he just gave campaign speeches at Democrat fundraisers or his thankfull laziness, or all three.

Considering that the president doesn't rule alone I'd say you have too many biased opinions..

Yet we rely on his/her ability to lead competently. We demand that he/she be up to date and familiar with every issue they have to deal with. When Obama claimed over and over again that he only became aware of stuff by reading about it in the paper, did we blame his handlers for not telling him, or did we blame him?

Obama may have been slightly grayer than when he started, but he looked relaxed and rested when he left office. Either it was all the golf, or the fact that he just gave campaign speeches at Democrat fundraisers or his thankfull laziness, or all three.

I think if a president doesn't seem to have aged significantly, he/she isn't really taking the job seriously.

Forum List

Back