CDZ Are anti gunners serious when they say they will stop at 10 round magazines?

Only an idiot would think a rad tag bunch of gun nuts would offer any problem for our military.
So said the British crown in 1775. Guess King George got THAT one right. LOL. The fact of the matter is, in a guerilla combat situation, those defending(as "rebel" forces would be in the situation we are discussing) require far less firepower and personnel. Also, you may wish to do some reading on the realities here:
https://www.quora.com/Would-the-American-military-fire-on-its-own-citizens-if-ordered-to
The Psychological Reasons Why American Soldiers Would Fire On American Citizens
Successful guerrilla campaigns

Only an insane person might think there would ever be armed combat between our military and the general population. Our military equipment is a little more advanced than the blunderbusses that King George had.

more effective than asking them to stop killing us.

Have you had a problem with the government killing you. Do you expect the government to kill you in the near future?
well since you're entire premise of *needing* an effective defense would be useless against our government, i was going on the presumption of continuing that thought, not starting a new one.

you are the one who said the guns wouldn't do any good against the gov. i'm just saying IF we should EVER GET TO that situation, i'd rather have them than not.

Not my premise. Only an idiot would think a rad tag bunch of gun nuts would offer any problem for our military. Gun nuts claim that is why they want so many guns on a regular basis.
i guess you never heard of vietnam iraq or afghanistan right?
I reminded BULLDOG of those already. No response yet. Guess he(?) is still learning about them...

I lost friends in Vietnam, and am well aware of Afghanistan. Do you seriously foresee that type military action in the US? If so, you should seek counseling.

Laws against murder do not stop murder. Murderers don't follow those laws, so lets just do away with those useless laws. That makes as much sense as the silly crap you keep repeating.

Except in the UK the murder rate is 1/4 the US murder rate, the US murder rate is 3/4 guns. The UK saw 23 gun murders in 2013, the US saw 11,208. Now, take that the UK is 5 times smaller, that's still 115 compared to 11,208. I mean, the laws don't work? Are you kidding me?

Yes....you keep repeating the murder rate......and you fail to say why the murder rate is low.....we have shown over and over that British criminals have guns...lots of guns....they use those guns for crime......so their access to guns isn't limited by their gun control laws....so their gun control laws have no effect on their gun murder rate since the gun murder rate was low before they banned guns....and after they banned guns their gun murder rate went up.

Their criminals have to this point not used murder to advance their criminal activity....and we keep telling you that is changing.....you don't want to admit the truth because you want to use Britain to ban guns here......

You've continued to show that you don't understand that a tiny gun related death rate is better than our massive gun related death rate. I guess some people are just a little slower than others.

You don't understand that their gun death rate is not low because of their gun laws....since their criminals have guns and use them. Their criminals do not choose to murder people.

I understand you soil your panties on a regular basis because they have a tiny gun related death rate compared to ours.

Wow....great comeback.......you guys are so cool ........

Only an idiot would think a rad tag bunch of gun nuts would offer any problem for our military.
So said the British crown in 1775. Guess King George got THAT one right. LOL. The fact of the matter is, in a guerilla combat situation, those defending(as "rebel" forces would be in the situation we are discussing) require far less firepower and personnel. Also, you may wish to do some reading on the realities here:
https://www.quora.com/Would-the-American-military-fire-on-its-own-citizens-if-ordered-to

Only an insane person might think there would ever be armed combat between our military and the general population. Our military equipment is a little more advanced than the blunderbusses that King George had.

The German's thought the same thing in the 1920s......and likely thought the same thing as they marched into the box cars going to the camps...

The German's thought the same thing in the 1920s......and likely thought the same thing as they marched into the box cars going to the camps...

Sorry, but I don't know how to respond to something so irrational. If you actually believe the US will reenact the events of the holocaust, I suggest you seek counseling soon.

Different cultures, different conditions.

The only difference is they don't have some foolish idea that gun ownership is a "right". If they give you a gun at all, they've made sure you aren't a nut or a crook.

Melodrama, nothing more.

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes
270 BILLION in economic losses

Every Year.

"But the Founding Fathers said I can have me a gun!"

That's melodrama.

Well our Founders thought otherwise.

I doubt your $270 Billion number, and again you count suicides, which don't count.

Dead is dead

Their families count those deaths

They could have just as easily used another method.
Possible

ODing on pills takes a couple hours
A bullet takes a split second

Yes, privately owned firearms did a great job thwarting a Blitzkreig

They did in Switzerland.....see, you have to be able to hold territory after you capture it.....and had Europe not disarmed their peoples......like the Swiss.....there would have been no way for Germany to hold that territory......they didn't invade Switzerland because the 435,000 civilians with military rifles made it impossible to hold...so they invaded everyone else...

The only difference is they don't have some foolish idea that gun ownership is a "right". If they give you a gun at all, they've made sure you aren't a nut or a crook.

Melodrama, nothing more.

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes

Every Year.

That's melodrama.

I doubt your $270 Billion number, and again you count suicides, which don't count.

Dead is dead

Possible

Tell that to the Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans...they have higher suicide rates than we do.....and only criminals and cops can have guns in those countries...

Sorry, but I don't know how to respond to something so irrational. If you actually believe the US will reenact the events of the holocaust, I suggest you seek counseling soon.

The Germans in 1920 didn't imagine that their country would put innocent men, women and children into gas chambers...they were an advanced, industrial nation with the rule of law, working political systems, universities....everything that made them modern nation.....20 years later they were sending innocent men, women and children into gas chambers.....

Tell that to them....

Then I guess you don't agree with all the NAZI comments...

They did in Switzerland.....see, you have to be able to hold territory after you capture it.....and had Europe not disarmed their peoples......like the Swiss.....there would have been no way for Germany to hold that territory......they didn't invade Switzerland because the 435,000 civilians with military rifles made it impossible to hold...so they invaded everyone else...
LOL

Switzerland sold out to the Nazis to save themselves from invasion
Never could have survived a Blitzkreig

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes

Every Year.

That's melodrama.

Dead is dead

Possible

Tell that to the Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans...they have higher suicide rates than we do.....and only criminals and cops can have guns in those countries...
Cultural

Give them all guns and their suicide rate would double

Depends on what those comments might have been. Trump said the Nazis at Charlottsville were good people.

Depends on what those comments might have been. Trump said the Nazis at Charlottsville were good people.
So there could be a situation where our gov goes nazi on us.

When you said it would never happen.

Til you could blame Trump for what you said was too remote to consider.

The circular logic is compete.

Concentrate here buddy. That's not what I said. Even the orange fool can't turn the US into Nazi Germany, even though sometimes it looks like he might be trying. I guess it's hard for you to separate what people actually say from what the voices in your head tell you they said.

Concentrate here buddy. That's not what I said. Even the orange fool can't turn the US into Nazi Germany, even though sometimes it looks like he might be trying. I guess it's hard for you to separate what people actually say from what the voices in your head tell you they said.
Not at all. But not gonna do insult trades in this zone.

Have a day.

Melodrama, nothing more.

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes

Every Year.

That's melodrama.

Dead is dead

Half of all suicides are committed without firearms.

and suicide is a choice not a crime.

Dead is dead

Possible

Cultural

Give them all guns and their suicide rate would double
prove it.

Melodrama, nothing more.

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes

Every Year.

That's melodrama.

Dead is dead

Half of all suicides are committed without firearms.

and suicide is a choice not a crime.

Didn't say it was a crime, said it was dead

Forum List

Back