CDZ Are anti gunners serious when they say they will stop at 10 round magazines?

You did not carry anything in 7.62x39 in tbe United States armed forces. Period, end of discussion.

You can stop discussing it if you feel like it ... You obviously didn't work in the armory where I was.
They not only have the 7.62 x 39mm ... They also have the 7.62 x 51mm.
Of course I wasn't a ground troop ... So carry weight wasn't a factor for us.

In fact they are considering putting the M-4 on the 7.62 x 51mm caliber ... Started talks in September.

They are even going to a "green" lead free version ...

Last edited:
You did not carry anything in 7.62x39 in tbe United States armed forces. Period, end of discussion.

You can stop discussing it if you feel like it ... You obviously didn't work in the armory where I was.

In fact they are considering putting the M-4 on the 7.62 x 51mm caliber ... Started talks in September.

You did not carry anything in 7.62x39 in the US armed forces. That is because 7.62x39mm is a RUSSIAN round! (Also called "7.62 Soviet".)

You did not carry anything in 7.62x39 in the US armed forces. That is because 7.62x39mm is a RUSSIAN round! (Also called "7.62 Soviet".)

7.62 x 51mm caliber nato round

the Russian round is 7.62 x 54 mm

7.62x39 is the AK47 round.

Correct ... It is what I shoot now ... They were made in Russia (my bad).
Still the same firearm and it will shoot the 51's ... Good reason I won't be writing legislation.

7.62x39 is the AK47 round.

yes they also have a 7.62x54 mm round

a really old round still used as a sniper round

7.62×54mmR - Wikipedia

The left always says they just want common sense gun control....and one of those measures they always want is a limit on 10 bullets for all magazines

Now, keep in mind, this will not limit the deaths in mass shootings, as actual research shows. The killers, like the guy in Texas had plenty of magazines and changed them 14 times while he was murdering those people.

And Criminals won't care about a 10 round limit because they will just get theirs illegally, and they can rape a woman just as easily with a 10 round magazine, murder a rival or rob someone.

The only people a 10 round magazine limit effects is the law abiding gun owner, who does not commit any crime or murder. People who have guns that take 15-19 rounds in their pistols...will now be criminals if they don't do something with their guns.....dittos rifles that will take 30 round magazines.....

I have listed the points made by David Kopel on why law abiding people need more than 10 rounds, in other places and would happily do so again. I have also posted the ruling by the California judge placing a hold on the new California magazine ban where he accurately takes apart all of the arguments made against 10 round magazines.

The question, however, is this.........if the anti gunners get all the 15-30 round magazines....will they leave the 10 round magazines alone?

Keep in mind, the Santa Barbara shooter used 10 round magazines to murder 6 people.......

Laws against murder do not stop murder. Murderers don't follow those laws, so lets just do away with those useless laws. That makes as much sense as the silly crap you keep repeating.

Except in the UK the murder rate is 1/4 the US murder rate, the US murder rate is 3/4 guns. The UK saw 23 gun murders in 2013, the US saw 11,208. Now, take that the UK is 5 times smaller, that's still 115 compared to 11,208. I mean, the laws don't work? Are you kidding me?

Yes....you keep repeating the murder rate......and you fail to say why the murder rate is low.....we have shown over and over that British criminals have guns...lots of guns....they use those guns for crime......so their access to guns isn't limited by their gun control laws....so their gun control laws have no effect on their gun murder rate since the gun murder rate was low before they banned guns....and after they banned guns their gun murder rate went up.

Their criminals have to this point not used murder to advance their criminal activity....and we keep telling you that is changing.....you don't want to admit the truth because you want to use Britain to ban guns here......

You've continued to show that you don't understand that a tiny gun related death rate is better than our massive gun related death rate. I guess some people are just a little slower than others.

You don't understand that their gun death rate is not low because of their gun laws....since their criminals have guns and use them. Their criminals do not choose to murder people.

The left always says they just want common sense gun control....and one of those measures they always want is a limit on 10 bullets for all magazines

Now, keep in mind, this will not limit the deaths in mass shootings, as actual research shows. The killers, like the guy in Texas had plenty of magazines and changed them 14 times while he was murdering those people.

And Criminals won't care about a 10 round limit because they will just get theirs illegally, and they can rape a woman just as easily with a 10 round magazine, murder a rival or rob someone.

The only people a 10 round magazine limit effects is the law abiding gun owner, who does not commit any crime or murder. People who have guns that take 15-19 rounds in their pistols...will now be criminals if they don't do something with their guns.....dittos rifles that will take 30 round magazines.....

I have listed the points made by David Kopel on why law abiding people need more than 10 rounds, in other places and would happily do so again. I have also posted the ruling by the California judge placing a hold on the new California magazine ban where he accurately takes apart all of the arguments made against 10 round magazines.

The question, however, is this.........if the anti gunners get all the 15-30 round magazines....will they leave the 10 round magazines alone?

Keep in mind, the Santa Barbara shooter used 10 round magazines to murder 6 people.......

Laws against murder do not stop murder. Murderers don't follow those laws, so lets just do away with those useless laws. That makes as much sense as the silly crap you keep repeating.

Except in the UK the murder rate is 1/4 the US murder rate, the US murder rate is 3/4 guns. The UK saw 23 gun murders in 2013, the US saw 11,208. Now, take that the UK is 5 times smaller, that's still 115 compared to 11,208. I mean, the laws don't work? Are you kidding me?

Yes....you keep repeating the murder rate......and you fail to say why the murder rate is low.....we have shown over and over that British criminals have guns...lots of guns....they use those guns for crime......so their access to guns isn't limited by their gun control laws....so their gun control laws have no effect on their gun murder rate since the gun murder rate was low before they banned guns....and after they banned guns their gun murder rate went up.

Their criminals have to this point not used murder to advance their criminal activity....and we keep telling you that is changing.....you don't want to admit the truth because you want to use Britain to ban guns here......

You've continued to show that you don't understand that a tiny gun related death rate is better than our massive gun related death rate. I guess some people are just a little slower than others.

You don't understand that their gun death rate is not low because of their gun laws....since their criminals have guns and use them. Their criminals do not choose to murder people.

I understand you soil your panties on a regular basis because they have a tiny gun related death rate compared to ours.

And you have yet to realize that murder rates in countries with strict gun control did not go down as a result of their gun laws in fact many saw their murder rates rise after their gun bans.

I understand you soil your panties on a regular basis because they have a tiny gun related death rate compared to ours.

Unlike you I realize that the murder rates of other countries have little or nothing to do with their gun laws and more to do with many other variables

And you have yet to realize that murder rates in countries with strict gun control did not go down as a result of their gun laws in fact many saw their murder rates rise after their gun bans.

indeed that is true

Different cultures, different conditions.

The only difference is they don't have some foolish idea that gun ownership is a "right". If they give you a gun at all, they've made sure you aren't a nut or a crook.

Melodrama, nothing more.

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes
270 BILLION in economic losses

Every Year.

"But the Founding Fathers said I can have me a gun!"

That's melodrama.

Well our Founders thought otherwise.

I doubt your $270 Billion number, and again you count suicides, which don't count.

The only difference is they don't have some foolish idea that gun ownership is a "right". If they give you a gun at all, they've made sure you aren't a nut or a crook.

Melodrama, nothing more.

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes

Every Year.

That's melodrama.

I doubt your $270 Billion number, and again you count suicides, which don't count.

Dead is dead

Their families count those deaths

Melodrama, nothing more.

33,000 deaths.
75,000 injuries
400,000 gun crimes

Every Year.

That's melodrama.

Dead is dead

Their families count those deaths

They could have just as easily used another method.

Only an idiot would think a rad tag bunch of gun nuts would offer any problem for our military.
So said the British crown in 1775. Guess King George got THAT one right. LOL. The fact of the matter is, in a guerilla combat situation, those defending(as "rebel" forces would be in the situation we are discussing) require far less firepower and personnel. Also, you may wish to do some reading on the realities here:
https://www.quora.com/Would-the-American-military-fire-on-its-own-citizens-if-ordered-to
The Psychological Reasons Why American Soldiers Would Fire On American Citizens
Successful guerrilla campaigns

How much of an effective resistance do you think a few rifles and handguns will be against our military? Admit that your silly fantasy about resisting the government has no relation to reality, and gun nuts are just doing what gun nuts do.
more effective than asking them to stop killing us.

Have you had a problem with the government killing you. Do you expect the government to kill you in the near future?
well since you're entire premise of *needing* an effective defense would be useless against our government, i was going on the presumption of continuing that thought, not starting a new one.

you are the one who said the guns wouldn't do any good against the gov. i'm just saying IF we should EVER GET TO that situation, i'd rather have them than not.

Not my premise. Only an idiot would think a rad tag bunch of gun nuts would offer any problem for our military. Gun nuts claim that is why they want so many guns on a regular basis.
i guess you never heard of vietnam iraq or afghanistan right?
I reminded BULLDOG of those already. No response yet. Guess he(?) is still learning about them...

Well, the process for verifying one's eligibility to vote is broken too.

No, it isn't. Argument fail. You guys have been claiming voter fraud since Bush got less votes than Al Gore. And you've yet to prove it.
Guess the SCOTUS didn't get the memo:
Contrary to the claims of many liberals, the problem of voter fraud is as old as the country itself. As the U.S. Supreme Court noted when it upheld Indiana’s voter identification law, “flagrant examples” of voter fraud “have been documented throughout this Nation’s history by respected historians and journalists.” Voter Fraud At the bottom you will find 11 examples of voter fraud, some as current as 2014.
Here's another:
Grandmother deported for voter fraud leaves U.S. in tears NBC no less, and the headline really says all that is needed here.
Then there is this:
U.S. Has 3.5 Million More Registered Voters Than Live Adults — A Red Flag For Electoral Fraud

No proof indeed.

Forum List

Back