Arab commentator: When the state of Israel was established, there wasn’t a state of palestine

All MartyNYC is interested in doing is repeating Zionist talking points. In this case he talks about how the Palestinians were not really a people, did not have a state, but Jews had “a homeland, dating back 3,000/years.” As if all that made the suffering of Palestinians any less tragic. This way of discussing history is obviously self-serving. It is twisting history to serve political ends.

If MartyNYC wants to talk about Jewish myths and Old Testament “history” he should do that. If he wants to talk about Canaanites and archeological research about ancient Hebrews he can do that. If he wants to talk about the Jewish Diaspora and Zionist history, he can do that. But he wants to mix it all up.

According to the Bible myths, Abraham was not a Canaanite and God “gave” the land of the Canaanites to (some of) Abraham’s descendants. The same tribal God also supposedly “gave” Moses the Ten Commandments, which so resembles the Code of King Hammurabi, who actually ruled in Mesopotamia and who preceded any conceivable Moses figure by hundreds of years. Now I don’t mind discussing any of these subjects — they are all interesting in their own ways — but I don’t like discussing them just to serve modern political interests. That’s what uneducated people do. It leads to the same old boring discussions and is necessarily dishonest.

Code of Hammurabi - Wikipedia
Pay attention: Bible was not written as a historical record. As I stated previously, Israelites were Canaanites, according to archaeologists and scholars. Israelites later became known as Jews, Yehudim, after their return to Judah, Yehudah, having been liberated from Babylonian exile in the 6th century BCE by Persian King Cyrus, recorded in the Cyrus Cylinder. Jesus, Jesus’s family, 12 Apostles including Peter, and Paul, and Jesus’s followers were Jews. Judaism was a precursor to Christianity, which began as a Jewish sect. Ancient Greeks and Romans called Jews’ country Judea; Persians called it Yehud.

The words palestine and palestinian are European, not Middle Eastern. Palestine was Britain’s nickname for the British Mandate, adopted from the Roman/Latin name palaestina imposed on Jews, referring to Jews’ ancient Philistine enemies who were Greek. Latin-speaking European Christians adopted Roman palaestina and anglicized it into palestine. Britain called the British Mandate “palestine,” which led to Israeli statehood. Jews were called ”palestinians.“ Prior to the Mandate, in 400 years of the Ottoman Empire, there was no political entity called palestine, nor were there any people called palestinians.

So what? Who are you debating here? Not me. I don’t care about “word” origins. Neither do you ... really. I don’t take the Old Testament Bible myths as the “word of God” either. You care ... about defending modern Israel. That is your right. If you defend Israel’s annexation of the West Bank, the creation of a “Greater Israel,” its foreign policy, its alliance with the Saudis, its instigating the U.S. to attack Iran, and earlier to invade and occupy Iraq, overthrow Assad, or whatever, you can and should just say it openly. As for the “Palestinian people,” Israel itself in 1993 recognized they existed. Perhaps you don’t, or perhaps you are just indifferent to their suffering. Whatever. I still haven’t heard anything ... interesting.

Last edited:
MartyNYC writes:
Israel is Jews’ homeland, dating back 3,000+ years. Arabs’ homeland is Arabia. Grade school-level knowledge.

It is sad that some Israelis and Zionists resort to childish arguments to defend their state. It’s not as if most of us have no knowledge of the old Bible stories, of Abraham’s birth in Mesopotamia, of Egypt & Moses & the Exodus, of the wondering in the desert, of the wars with native Canaanite tribes, of tiny ancient Israel and its short-lived “glory” under a few otherwise inconsequential “Kings.“ Enough already.

Who doesn’t know that there was no independent Arab Palestinian state before 1948? Why is it that for many Zionists somehow it’s not sufficient to tell the tragic story of Jews seeking a homeland, a refuge, a state of their own, of escaping European persecution and the Nazis, falling as if from a burning building on top of others living in Palestine — their own ancient homeland that they call “Eretz Yisrael”? Is that not a good enough story? Not moving and tragic enough? Why do they have to try to disappear the “Palestinians“ entirely?

That shows that in spite knowing the answer - the need to confront the lies,
regularly discriminated by people knowing they're false, yet you resort to twist the question to demonize Israel for confronting these lies.

By the way, Canaanites weren't native, they were African invaders.
And the Jews didn't "fall as if from a burning building on top of other living in Palestine"
running from European persecution. Majority of Jews in Israel are descendants of refugees,
who were forced out of what later became Arab states, former dhimmis who were expelled by the Arabs later coming to wipe them out in Israel.

In fact the initial plight of political Zionism,
was organized in response to persecution and Arab pogroms under Caliphate rule.

So don't tell me about "falling from a burning building",
Arabs expelled all local Jews from their holy cities, coordinated pogroms against the most ancient Jewish communities from places in which they lived long before the Arab conquest,
later initiated a war of total annihilation, lost and responsible for most of life and property loss due to the conflict they initiated.

And don't tell me about "wanting to disappear",
it would be already accomplished if that was the intention.
Yet the Arabs expressly stating this intention , had they the means, would do just that.

But hey, it's much more easier to equate people who argue for facts as 'genocidal',
while excusing the ones who expressly intend.

All MartyNYC is interested in doing is repeating Zionist talking points. In this case he talks about how the Palestinians were not really a people, did not have a state, but Jews had “a homeland, dating back 3,000/years.” As if all that made the suffering of Palestinians any less tragic. This way of discussing history is obviously self-serving. It is twisting history to serve political ends.

If MartyNYC wants to talk about Jewish myths and Old Testament “history” he should do that. If he wants to talk about Canaanites and archeological research about ancient Hebrews he can do that. If he wants to talk about the Jewish Diaspora and Zionist history, he can do that. But he wants to mix it all up.

According to the Bible myths, Abraham was not a Canaanite and God “gave” the land of the Canaanites to (some of) Abraham’s descendants. The same tribal God also supposedly “gave” Moses the Ten Commandments, which so resembles the Code of King Hammurabi, who actually ruled in Mesopotamia and who preceded any conceivable Moses figure by hundreds of years. Now I don’t mind discussing any of these subjects — they are all interesting in their own ways — but I don’t like discussing them just to serve modern political interests. That’s what uneducated people do. It leads to the same old boring discussions and is necessarily dishonest.

Code of Hammurabi - Wikipedia
Pay attention: Bible was not written as a historical record. As I stated previously, Israelites were Canaanites, according to archaeologists and scholars. Israelites later became known as Jews, Yehudim, after their return to Judah, Yehudah, having been liberated from Babylonian exile in the 6th century BCE by Persian King Cyrus, recorded in the Cyrus Cylinder. Jesus, Jesus’s family, 12 Apostles including Peter, and Paul, and Jesus’s followers were Jews. Judaism was a precursor to Christianity, which began as a Jewish sect. Ancient Greeks and Romans called Jews’ country Judea; Persians called it Yehud.

The words palestine and palestinian are European, not Middle Eastern. Palestine was Britain’s nickname for the British Mandate, adopted from the Roman/Latin name palaestina imposed on Jews, referring to Jews’ ancient Philistine enemies who were Greek. Latin-speaking European Christians adopted Roman palaestina and anglicized it into palestine. Britain called the British Mandate “palestine,” which led to Israeli statehood. Jews were called ”palestinians.“ Prior to the Mandate, in 400 years of the Ottoman Empire, there was no political entity called palestine, nor were there any people called palestinians.

So what? Who are you debating here? Not me. I don’t care about “word” origins. Neither do you ... really. I don’t take the Old Testament Bible myths as the “word of God” either. You care ... about defending modern Israel. That is your right. If you defend Israel’s annexation of the West Bank, the creation of a “Greater Israel,” its foreign policy, its alliance with the Saudis, its instigating the U.S. to attack Iran, and earlier to invade and occupy Iraq, overthrow Assad, or whatever, you can and should just say it openly. As for the “Palestinian people,” Israel itself in 1993 recognized they existed. Perhaps you don’t, or perhaps you are just indifferent to their suffering. Whatever. I still haven’t heard anything ... interesting.

Of course, why discuss inconvenient facts,
when you can just blame Israel for your actions and all problems in the world.

But you have already admitted there was no Arab or a Palestinian state, and that recognition of 1993, which can be revoked the same as given, only proves it further, confirming the premise of the topic, so why keep the circus?

MartyNYC writes:
Israel is Jews’ homeland, dating back 3,000+ years. Arabs’ homeland is Arabia. Grade school-level knowledge.

It is sad that some Israelis and Zionists resort to childish arguments to defend their state. It’s not as if most of us have no knowledge of the old Bible stories, of Abraham’s birth in Mesopotamia, of Egypt & Moses & the Exodus, of the wondering in the desert, of the wars with native Canaanite tribes, of tiny ancient Israel and its short-lived “glory” under a few otherwise inconsequential “Kings.“ Enough already.

Who doesn’t know that there was no independent Arab Palestinian state before 1948? Why is it that for many Zionists somehow it’s not sufficient to tell the tragic story of Jews seeking a homeland, a refuge, a state of their own, of escaping European persecution and the Nazis, falling as if from a burning building on top of others living in Palestine — their own ancient homeland that they call “Eretz Yisrael”? Is that not a good enough story? Not moving and tragic enough? Why do they have to try to disappear the “Palestinians“ entirely?

regularly discriminated by people knowing they're false, yet you resort to twist the question to demonize Israel for confronting these lies.

And the Jews didn't "fall as if from a burning building on top of other living in Palestine"
running from European persecution. Majority of Jews in Israel are descendants of refugees,
who were forced out of what later became Arab states, former dhimmis who were expelled by the Arabs later coming to wipe them out in Israel.

Arabs expelled all local Jews from their holy cities, coordinated pogroms against the most ancient Jewish communities from places in which they lived long before the Arab conquest,
later initiated a war of total annihilation, lost and responsible for most of life and property loss due to the conflict they initiated.

Yet the Arabs expressly stating this intention , had they the means, would do just that.

But hey, it's much more easier to equate people who argue for facts as 'genocidal',

He’s on ignore. I suggest you do the same.

MartyNYC writes:

Why ignore, I prefer to make an informed argument.

MartyNYC writes:

Why ignore, I prefer to make an informed argument.

He‘s obviously very unintelligent. Elevate your standards.

Arab commentator acknowledges: “When the State of #Israel was established in 1948, there was no state called ‘#palestine’”

Kuwaiti Writer Abdullah Al-Hadlaq: Israel Is a Legitimate State, Not an Occupier; There Was No Palestine; I Support Israel-Gulf-U.S. Alliance to Annihilate Hizbullah

Memri is not a legit source. There was not state called Germany or Italy either, but those people have lived there for thousands of years. Its time to be decent, stop the propaganda and make the effort for a just peace.

Quote : "Memri is not a legit source."

According to whom?

----------
There was a Kingdom called Israel, which both Christianity and Islam have acknowledged, and a Jewish Nation, and a Jewish culture as well.

The descendants of the Israelites are still here on the planet, and have re constructed their Nation on their ancient homeland, having had a continuous presence on that land to the present, just as the examples you gave.

The Arab population wants peace, their leaders do not, never have:

Why?

Memri is not a legit source. There was not state called Germany or Italy either, but those people have lived there for thousands of years. Its time to be decent, stop the propaganda and make the effort for a just peace.
Please define what a “ Just Peace” is

RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
SUBTOPIC: Similarities
⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

The Arab population wants peace, their leaders do not, never have:
(COMMENT)

At one time, I was of the opinion (as an outside entity that has no impact on the events unfolding) that the Arab Palestinian citizens and Jewish citizens:

◈. Both underestimate their communities’ liking of the “other.”​
◈. That the Arab Palestinians are unable to police or govern themselves.​
◈. The Arab Palestinian cannot nation-build. They cannot build a better world for themselves or their children.​
◈. That Arab Palestinians as a whole have no desire to come to Israel in peace or to live at peace with their neighbours.​

As a people, I don't think the Arab Palestinians is capable of rising to the occasion and clean house of the corrupt and dishonest leaders and replace them with a leadership that will care for the Arab Palestinians welfare.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,

R

The crux of the matter is this: Israel is a JEWISH state. I must ever be a JEWISH state. From what I have been able to discern from a number of sources is that the Arabs who talk about some sort of reconciliation are presuming that the state of Israel going forward will be a state with no state-designated religion, and the Arabs will be able to out-reproduce the indigenous jews in due time, and turn it into another Islamic state.

You see there are about 45 avowedly Muslim countries, and NOBODY has any problem with this. But the existence of ONE jewish state is an affront to humanity.

Accordingly, the way forward is not clear.

RE: Arab commentator: When the state of Israel was established, there wasn’t a State of Palestine
SUBTOPIC: Similarities
⁜→ DGS49, et al,

BLUF: Your observation is correct. But the fault lies in the difference between the Cultural application of self-determination and fraudulent proclamation that expresses a conflict between the two.

You see there are about 45 avowedly Muslim countries, and NOBODY has any problem with this. But the existence of ONE jewish state is an affront to humanity.

(COMMENT)

Well, although a "Jewish State" had been on the lips of many - to include the National Council for the Jewish State (NCJS) (elective representatives of the Jewish People) made the declaration of 14/15 May 1948. It was the opinion of the NCSJ that the recognition was is unconditional and irrevocable under the International Law of the Day.

A/RES/181 (II) • Future government of Palestine • PART II said:
B. THE JEWISH STATE​
The north-eastern sector of the Jewish State (Eastern) Galilee) is bounded on the north and west by the Lebanese frontier and on the east by the frontiers of Syria and Transjordan. It includes the whole of the Hula Basin, Lake Tiberias, the whole of the Beisan sub-district, the boundary line being extended to the crest of the Gilboa mountains and the Wadi Malih. From there the Jewish State extends north-west, following the boundary described in respect of the Arab State.

The Jewish Section of the coastal plain extends from a point between Minat et Qila and Nabi Yunis in the Gaza sub-district and includes the towns of Haifa and Tel-Aviv, leaving Jaffa as an enclave of the Arab State. The eastern frontier of the Jewish State follows the boundary described in respect of the Arab State.

The Beersheba area comprises the whole of the Beersheba sub-district, including the Negeb and the eastern part of the Gaza sub-district, but excluding the town of Beersheba and those areas described in respect of the Arab State. It includes also a strip of land along the Dead Sea stretching from the Beersheba-Hebron sub-district boundary line to Ein Geddi, as described in respect of the Arab State.

At the time, the idea of the "Jewish State" was acceptable by law but with conflicting cultural practices.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

The crux of the matter is this: Israel is a JEWISH state. I must ever be a JEWISH state. From what I have been able to discern from a number of sources is that the Arabs who talk about some sort of reconciliation are presuming that the state of Israel going forward will be a state with no state-designated religion, and the Arabs will be able to out-reproduce the indigenous jews in due time, and turn it into another Islamic state.

Which is why a “ Palestinian State” will always be in limbo. They have announced to the World their goal is Israel’s destruction while immediately depriving them of their religious rites

Forum List

Back