Apparently no traditional mans iconic movie role is safe from the jackasses in Hollywood. New Indiana Jones to be a female

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Let's get one thing out of the way first. Leading females in movies are awesome when cast properly. From Sigourney Weaver to Katherine Hepburn. He'll Netflix and Prime both have some fantastic spy/assassin type movies on right now with female leads and they are awesome popcorn movies.

But I digress. What is the fucking point of taking all these beloved franchises and flipping the gender roles of the lead? Take this joke of a switch for instance. Had Harrison Fords character had a daughter it might make sense for them to bring her in as the lead but he doesn't. And besides that role already exists in the Laura Croft franchise.

Kathleen Kenedy and those like her can not fail fast enough. Instead of being creative and making new ip's with female leads they are reduced to stealing the roles from men because they lack any sense of creativity and respect for established cannon.

Let's get one thing out of the way first. Leading females in movies are awesome when cast properly. From Sigourney Weaver to Katherine Hepburn. He'll Netflix and Prime both have some fantastic spy/assassin type movies on right now with female leads and they are awesome popcorn movies.

But I digress. What is the fucking point of taking all these beloved franchises and flipping the gender roles of the lead? Take this joke of a switch for instance. Had Harrison Fords character had a daughter it might make sense for them to bring her in as the lead but he doesn't. And besides that role already exists in the Laura Croft franchise.

Kathleen Kenedy and those like her can not fail fast enough. Instead of being creative and making new ip's with female leads they are reduced to stealing the roles from men because they lack any sense of creativity and respect for established cannon.
'Indiana Joan' just doesn't have the same ring.

• Banned
And on topic while I get the disdain for the streaming services I love the fact that they may bankrupt the Hollywood cabal with same day streaming and their own new ip's

..yes, that's very stupid ......they usually screw shit up with remakes...Battlestar Galactica was like that
....even if it is a man, they'll screw it up, also

On a side note, they are also redoing The Fresh Prince of Belair, which originally starred Will Smith.

and for a real change, the cast remained Black.

1631655360649.png

Unlike various other reboots, which turned men into women, whites into blacks or Hispanics or Orientals.

The HORROR

• Banned
On a side note, they are also redoing The Fresh Prince of Belair, which originally starred Will Smith.

and for a real change, the cast remained Black.

View attachment 539278

Unlike various other reboots, which turned men into women, whites into blacks or Hispanics or Orientals.

The HORROR
No one can reproduce Will Smith.

Great actor/rapper.

On the subject though have you seen that sitcom called Blackish? Can you imagine it being rebooted as Whiteish lol

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what came first, the animated Walt Disney copy of Peter Pan, or the rendition of the film where the role of Peter Pan was played by a woman?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

There is Laura Croft franchise. Laura Croft is already a female Indiana Jones. I agree this is stupidity that will flop at the box office.

Conservatives get needlessly upset about the most ridiculous non-issues.

and yet here you are in the same thread.....
Let us guess – this is a variation of the right’s white grievance politics/racist replacement theory; instead of the lie that whites are being ‘replaced’ by Americans of color, the lie now is that white men are being 'replaced' by women.

Again, ridiculous, idiotic, a non-issue.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what came first, the animated Walt Disney copy of Peter Pan, or the rendition of the film where the role of Peter Pan was played by a woman?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

animated movie

Mary Martin as Peter
(PS Her son was astronaut Major Tony Nelson.)

also with Mary Martin

Forum List

Back