Apartment Building Collapse In Florida.

rockon

Rookie
Jun 28, 2021
By the looks of things to me, it was caused by a sinkhole. And Florida may be the sink hole capitol of the world. So that a sinkhole caused the collapse shouldn't surprise anybody.

Several key Democrats are already using the collapse to call for more funding of "infrastructure", even though it was a privately-owned building.

Never let a good crisis go to ways, they always say.

By the looks of things to me, it was caused by a sinkhole. And Florida may be the sink hole capitol of the world. So that a sinkhole caused the collapse shouldn't surprise anybody.
You have to look at every board to see if there is a duplicate. Take 15 min each time ya post

We have Hall Monitors climbing out our asses here too

Yer yanked

You didn't go to the wedding chappel a week late did you?

350Wx350H-1947100-0720-px.jpg

Whoever built that building, inspected it, is going to face alot of lawsuits. RIGHTFULLY SO.

It looks like a sink hole or some kind of foundation issue to me....the cracks around the pool says it wasn't rusting I Beams that failed....

I agree.. That was my thought. There are four other high rises by the same company along the same route. I think I'd be moving out.

I hate to say this, but this is symbolic of the slow collapse of American culture. Perhaps off topic. But more to the point.

Prof.Lunaphiles

I just landed here yesterday. And I looked down the entire page of threads in this category. I didn't see another about it. So I posted this one.

initforme

What if it was a sinkhole that caused it. What can you do about that. Can you sue people for not knowing what may be deep underground?

Rambunctious

I was watching that on the news. They showed the pool area. It was surrounded by cement that appeared to have square decorative tiles on top of it. This paved area ran towards the building for some ways. From about 5 feet from the one end of the pool, the entire paved area there and the ground beyond appeared to have dropped down about 3 feet. (At least) That sure seems like a sink hole problem to me. And what about when the second part of the building collapsed. All of the debris and rubble from the first part of the building should have helped prop up the lower part of the second part of the building that fell. Instead, it leaned over in that direction and collapsed too.

Rambunctious

I was watching that on the news. They showed the pool area. It was surrounded by cement that appeared to have square decorative tiles on top of it. This paved area ran towards the building for some ways. From about 5 feet from the one end of the pool, the entire paved area there and the ground beyond appeared to have dropped down about 3 feet. (At least) That sure seems like a sink hole problem to me. And what about when the second part of the building collapsed. All of the debris and rubble from the first part of the building should have helped prop up the lower part of the second part of the building that fell. Instead, it leaned over in that direction and collapsed too.
Yes and water under the pool that couldn't drain properly would cause all kinds of problems over time....the soil under the foundation just couldn't handle it and failed...

Forum List

Back