AP: The Border Is a National Emergency

The AP doesn’t lean left or right.

They reported on it (as they have numerous times).

They, of course, said nothing the OP credits them with saying. Its yet another lie.

Why is it you guys can never tell the truth?
The border being overrun by criminals is not a crisis?

2020 Gold for Trump.

It used to be over 1 million apprehensions in 2000; the faux crisis you guys keep trying to engineer is hardly newsworthy.

As for the politics of it, I doubt many in the upper midwest (all that matters essentially) will cast their vote based on a border “crisis”.
Open borders is popular with 10% of voters, all others flee.

Sure….LOL
Most of my life was lived near the border. It’s a crisis.

Mathematics are disagreeing with you.

As for your life, I’m sure it’s one crisis after another.

What is the matter…you’ve only posted 83 new threads this week detailing the calamities of your existence. Slow week?

2020 Gold for Trump.

It used to be over 1 million apprehensions in 2000; the faux crisis you guys keep trying to engineer is hardly newsworthy.

As for the politics of it, I doubt many in the upper midwest (all that matters essentially) will cast their vote based on a border “crisis”.

Sure….LOL

What is the matter…you’ve only posted 83 new threads this week detailing the calamities of your existence. Slow week?
Oh gee, attack me to avoid the thread topic. So unexpected.

It’s a humanitarian and financial crisis. But please, run on open borders and get Trump elected again.

Sure….LOL

It’s a humanitarian and financial crisis. But please, run on open borders and get Trump elected again.

Mathematics are disagreeing with you. There were over a million arrests at the border 20 years ago (or so). During that 20 years, the GDP doubled, stock markets doubled, and family income rose.
The manufactured crisis you guys keep propagating is fine for the base. Getting anyone else to believe your bullshit will be difficult.

As for the “humanitarian crisis”; perhaps you should stop kidnapping children and holding them for 2+ years away from their parents (our official policy now). Now…quickly cue, “well under Obama….”. Old play book.

Being against the worthless wall doesn’t mean you’re for “open borders”. The wall will do very little to stop illegal immigration.

Sure….LOL

Mathematics are disagreeing with you. There were over a million arrests at the border 20 years ago (or so). During that 20 years, the GDP doubled, stock markets doubled, and family income rose.
The manufactured crisis you guys keep propagating is fine for the base. Getting anyone else to believe your bullshit will be difficult.

As for the “humanitarian crisis”; perhaps you should stop kidnapping children and holding them for 2+ years away from their parents (our official policy now). Now…quickly cue, “well under Obama….”. Old play book.

Being against the worthless wall doesn’t mean you’re for “open borders”. The wall will do very little to stop illegal immigration.
Obama’s Homeland Security man says it’s a crisis. Take it up with him.

Sure….LOL

Yes…one that Trump created.

Obama, by the way, deported so many people that some Hispanic activists called him the “Deporter in Chief”.

Obama, by the way, deported so many people that some Hispanic activists called him the “Deporter in Chief”.
Please, continue to run on open borders.

Like USA leading the world in many drug addictions?
I doubt that is true. Show me some evidence. Also show me that other countries are reporting with the same level of accuracy (you can't).

But if true, the cause is the black market.
Gun ownership
This is a bad thing?

See. In America, we still retain a few inalienable rights that the rest of the world lost long ago.

production addiction?
What the fuck is this?

You don't think AP has a bias because you are FAR LEFT in most regards. Blind.

Oh…and you’re not biased? Please, entertain me more with your liberal viewpoints and prove me wrong.

The AP is the gold standard. Along with NPR and CNN news.

CNN’s opinion programming? Garbage.

Along with NPR and CNN news.

News?

I wouldn't mind their news so much if they took time off from the main event, which they cover 24/7, to report on other news items.

I think you’re talking about their TV programming. Their reporting on their website is much more segmented so you can click on a story and get a story. When they have their talking heads on TV as we have at work sometimes…it’s a choreographed shouting match that does nothing.

The only times I really go to their website is when I see something on the twitter feed that interests me.

Like this for example:
View attachment 251526

Great article.

I’m more weary than ever about our supreme court because of it….

But ….it is what it is.

just read that story on a link from drudge report.

Drudge linked to the CNN story?

Yep and they even link to NYT and WP that's before you scroll down and you can click on those sites to go directly to them. I have been reading drudge for years.

What are you arguing? That there are not thousands of people trying to illegally cross the southern border?

Specifically, what point are you attempting to make? Just lay it out.

What are you arguing? That there are not thousands of people trying to illegally cross the southern border?
No.

I’m pointing out that in 2000 or so, we had a greater number of persons arrested at the border than we have now…by leaps and bounds. If you believe the conventional wisdom that for every one we catch, we miss one or two more…that would mean that 2 million came across in circa 2000. During that time, we haven’t had some sort of economic calamity. In fact just the opposite.

These are facts. Try using them sometimes.

We’ve had the same situation on the border for about 60 years more or less.
During that time, the US has become the one indispensable nation on the planet;
  • Militarily the strongest
  • Economically the strongest
  • Culturally the most significant
  • Intellectually the most rewarded
The influx of illegal immigrants has not hindered the evolution and expansion of our civilization by any measurable metric. It is, in fact, arguable that it has assisted the expansion by providing cheap labor in areas where most Americans do not want to ply their trades.

On the flip side, I do think that illegal immigration is a net loss for the nation but it is far from the onerous crisis (much less national emergency) that is regularly cited here by losers like yourself.

——

My turn:

Isn’t it true that you could give two shits about illegal immigrants from Canada, Europe, Germany etc….?

Isn’t it true that the reason you could give two shits is because they look like you?

Isn’t it true that all of this nonsense about the “crisis on the border” is about one thing; you guys don’t like brown people and you think this wall will solve your personal issue?

No.

I’m pointing out that in 2000 or so, we had a greater number of persons arrested at the border than we have now…by leaps and bounds. If you believe the conventional wisdom that for every one we catch, we miss one or two more…that would mean that 2 million came across in circa 2000. During that time, we haven’t had some sort of economic calamity. In fact just the opposite.

The influx of illegal immigrants has not hindered the evolution and expansion of our civilization by any measurable metric. It is, in fact, arguable that it has assisted the expansion by providing cheap labor in areas where most Americans do not want to ply their trades.

On the flip side, I do think that illegal immigration is a net loss for the nation but it is far from the onerous crisis (much less national emergency) that is regularly cited here by losers like yourself.

——

My turn:

Isn’t it true that you could give two shits about illegal immigrants from Canada, Europe, Germany etc….?

Isn’t it true that the reason you could give two shits is because they look like you?

Isn’t it true that all of this nonsense about the “crisis on the border” is about one thing; you guys don’t like brown people and you think this wall will solve your personal issue?
It was a crisis then, it’s a crisis now.

We finally have a President with balls to protect Americans at home.

I am surprised the Left Leaning AP even addressed this issue. Build the wall. Patrol with soldiers to protect our border, and U.S. sovereignty.

If the AP is reporting it, it's even worse than we expected.

Except the title of the OP is a lie; the AP isn’t saying any such thing.

They’ve been reporting on the border for a while.

I am surprised the Left Leaning AP even addressed this issue. Build the wall. Patrol with soldiers to protect our border, and U.S. sovereignty.

AP points out it’s a crisis.
D4F11B49-CBB0-40D5-8DE6-09E89E53CECC.jpeg

Waves of families overtaxing the detention system. That's pretty grim - and if you understood what this actually means, you'd realize it's an admission that this is a national emergency.

View attachment 251521

And a good percentage are infected with things long eliminated within our border.

Twitter

You left out the fact that they were lined up in an orderly fashion waiting to apply legally. Imagine that, showing the legal way of doing it and then condemning those that are trying to stay within the law. No friggin wonder you cupcakes are losing this battle so horribly. I guess your bunch was right, we need to spend all the money on building the "Wall,Wall, Wall" and not on upgrading the access points and border security agent numbers. You get an award, cupcake because you earned it.

upload_2019-3-22_10-19-34.jpeg

The Cartels get the vast majority of firearms from corrupt dealers and militaries in Central and South America. These are fully automatic actual military weapons, not civilian AR-15's.

Wrong, cupcake. Most weapons are purchased LEGALLY from the border states in the US then transported south. And most of those weapons are ARs and clones. You been watching way too many movies. Hollyweird has really affected what little brain matter you have left. So you win a new award made just for people like you.
upload_2019-3-22_10-22-43.jpeg

No.

——

My turn:

So because there have been more crossings in the past, it means it’s not an issue currently?

You stepped in your own whataboutism.

REMEMBER? You aren’t supposed to do that.

The AP doesn’t lean left or right.

They reported on it (as they have numerous times).

They, of course, said nothing the OP credits them with saying. Its yet another lie.

Why is it you guys can never tell the truth?

2020 Gold for Trump.

The bigger crisis that's been overrun by criminals is Washington DC, the Congress and the Presidentcy. I think we should build a wall around those folks and not let any of them out. Equip it with a good Armed Guards, Moat filled with Crocs to kill their Gators. Wow, all of a sudden the southern border isn't nearly as much as an emergency, is it.

View attachment 251521

And a good percentage are infected with things long eliminated within our border.

Twitter

You left out the fact that they were lined up in an orderly fashion waiting to apply legally. Imagine that, showing the legal way of doing it and then condemning those that are trying to stay within the law. No friggin wonder you cupcakes are losing this battle so horribly. I guess your bunch was right, we need to spend all the money on building the "Wall,Wall, Wall" and not on upgrading the access points and border security agent numbers. You get an award, cupcake because you earned it.

View attachment 251561
“The Border Patrol says it made about 66,000 apprehensions of people crossing the border illegally in February, including 36,000 parents and children, an all-time monthly high. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, meanwhile, said since Dec. 21 it has released 107,000 family members while they await court dates.”

Why do I provide links?

Forum List

Back