AOC: We Can Reduce Violent Crime And Lower Incarceration Rates If We Stop Building Jails

Our prison population expands to over-fill as many jails as are available while crime seems to never be negatively affected at all. There has to be a better way.
Improvement scan be made easily by forced discipline in our reproduction ways. We have a system that encourages abortions and single parent families. Not that this would not happen. But it is encouraged as social justice rights.

ColonelAngus said:
Putting criminals in jail doesnt affect crime rates?
Rather than mindlessly swallowing ideological dogma, sometimes it behooves us to assess the empirical data.

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 8.14.46 AM.png

"If you build it, they will come!"
The prison industry in the U.S. is largely self-perpetuating.

The cost of incarcerating such a high percentage of the populace is comparable to the United States maintaining what is, by far, the most expensive health care system on earth, with a comparable level of ineffectiveness reflected in the crime rate.

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 8.18.57 AM.png

NATION, PERSONS INCARCERATED. RATE PER 100,000

United States 2,094639
Canada 38,570104
Australia41,060160
England 78,08130
France62,60093
Germany57,60069
Japan48,429 38
Italy53,69789
Netherlands10,88763
New Zealand9,469188
Sweden7,00068
Austria8,47195

[List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia]

Our prison population expands to over-fill as many jails as are available while crime seems to never be negatively affected at all. There has to be a better way.
Improvement scan be made easily by forced discipline in our reproduction ways. We have a system that encourages abortions and single parent families. Not that this would not happen. But it is encouraged as social justice rights.
How can a system encourage both single parenthood and abortion?

That's like saying the system encourages both eating meat and veganism at the same time

ColonelAngus said:
Putting criminals in jail doesnt affect crime rates?
Rather than mindlessly swallowing ideological dogma, sometimes it behooves us to assess the empirical data.

View attachment 497250
"If you build it, they will come!"
The prison industry in the U.S. is largely self-perpetuating.

The cost of incarcerating such a high percentage of the populace is comparable to the United States maintaining what is, by far, the most expensive system on earth, with a comparable level of ineffectiveness reflected in the crime rate.

NATION, PERSONS INCARCERATED. RATE PER 1,000

United States 2,094639
Canada 38,570104
Australia41,060160
England 78,08130
France62,60093
Germany57,60069
Japan48,429 38
Italy53,69789
Netherlands10,88763
New Zealand9,469188
Sweden7,00068
Austria8,47195

[List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia]
That's what prison for profit gets you.

The problem with our so called criminal justice system is that we lock up the wrong people.

In fact most people in prisons right now have not yet been convicted of any crime and are just waiting for their trials because bail is excessive for even petty crimes.

Instead of concentrating on violent criminals we have opted for a justice system that relies on petty drug and property crimes and a revolving door policy

In some upper class neighborhoods there is more illicit drug use per-capita or household than there is in the ghetto.
The difference is ... They don't drive around shooting each other as often, they can afford bail if applicable ... And policing or incarceration reflects that.

You cannot really rule out that a lot of criminals are stuck with a public defender.
There are awesome public defenders I am sure, but a lot of the better lawyers in the public sector lean towards prosecution.
It improves their political chances, and they could be President some day.

Let's see if Representative Ocasio-Cortez can get Vice President Harris onboard with her ideas on Criminal Justice Reform.

Last edited:
The problem with our so called criminal justice system is that we lock up the wrong people.

In fact most people in prisons right now have not yet been convicted of any crime and are just waiting for their trials because bail is excessive for even petty crimes.

Instead of concentrating on violent criminals we have opted for a justice system that relies on petty drug and property crimes and a revolving door policy
I worked at the prison over six years. During that time I saw many of them get released and come back more than once. Some of them were proud of that.

Funny thing, one day one of the state jail offenders was released, and these guys get to just walk out the front door unlike the TDC offenders that have to go to Huntsville to be released. They give them clothes a sack lunch and either take them to the bus station or arrange to have a family member pick them up.

I was assigned to the front desk that day and as he walked past me to the front door I wished him good luck and he said thanks, see you later. Then he stopped, looked at me and said, Well, no offense but I really don't want to see you again! I laughed and said I understood!

The brains and moral compass of the Democratic Party.

NOTE: Schumer nods in agreement.

New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said at a press conference Thursday the U.S. should "stop building" jails if we want to reduce the inmate population.
"It is not acceptable for us to use jails as garbage bins for human beings. We need to treat people and see them as human," Ocasio-Cortez said. "If we want to reduce violent crime, reduce the number of people in our jails, the answer is to stop building more of them."

"The answer is to make sure we actually build more hospitals, we pay organizers, we get people mental health care," she said. "It's to support communities, not throw them away."

I say we reduce hospitalizations by closing all hospitals.

You will never win the intellectual race to the bottom with these delusional, indoctrinated Leftists.......
Some people choose to spend all their time in worthless circle jerking and venting.....while othere actually DO SOMETHING.

Thank GOD for the movers and doers who actually make a difference in the fight against tyranny.

ForumBloviating_Action_CriticalRaceTheory.jpg

What if I told you that keeping you mired in meaningless debate with Marxists, rather than using that same energy and time to make a real difference, is a strategy and you fall for it every time.

Last edited:
No, we just need to start telling people "obey the law and you'll be fine" instead of blaming the system, glorifying criminals like Floyd, and calling cops racists.

Don't break the law, don't go to jail. Seems pretty simple to me.

Jails are to keep criminals away from law abiding citizens.

We Can Reduce Violent Crime And Lower Incarceration Rates If We Stop Building Jails​

The brains and moral compass of the Democratic Party.
NOTE: Schumer nods in agreement.

WHEW! And here I thought maybe she might say something stupid.

AOC is not just the brains and moral compass of the Left, but the mind, heart, guts and glory. :smoke:

AOC Math.jpg

Lib9.jpg

proxy-6.jpg

y4mvd34ap0g21.jpg

Forum List

Back