AOC Hasn't DONE Anything, But She's Pushing For A Raise

Here’s AOC bringing up obvious (well known btw) flaws with our system

Now she’s saying the system is broken, which I think we all can agree is correct. Why hasn’t she done anything about it, other than grandstand?

In order for these clowns in congress to get a raise the people need to start seeing more bang for their buck, which is not happening. I wouldn’t give them one extra wooden nickel.

They are all in it for the graft. Their pay should be the median pay in their district.

I agree. The problem people have with that, just playing devils advocate, is that would lead to Congress being more corrupt than it already is. My answer to that would be stronger oversight

Congress, in my mind has grown far too powerful and they use that power to enrich themselves rather than serve us. Look at how many things the majority of Americans have wanted for decades that Congress simply refused to do. We want the budget balanced, we want a tighter rein by Congress on Military Adventurism, we want control over our borders, we want immigration and trade policy that focuses on OUR needs and not a bunch of self-righteous clowns claims about the world's needs.

My solution is a Constitutional Amendment that would allow a Majority of State Legislatures, that all passed an identical bill, to be empowered to send the bill to the President's desk for signing into law.

Once Congress realizes that we have a way to Legislatively implement OUR will, without them, I suspect they would very rapidly become more responsive toward us, and the State Legislatures of the States they supposedly represent.

You do realize that is one of the two ways the Constitution sets for amendments, right?

Try reading the Constitution instead of imagining new ways to accomplish changes that are already contained therein.

The same clowns who insist AOC is an imbecile don't bat an eye when DJT says wind power is cancerous.

Comedy gold!

Now she’s saying the system is broken, which I think we all can agree is correct. Why hasn’t she done anything about it, other than grandstand?

In order for these clowns in congress to get a raise the people need to start seeing more bang for their buck, which is not happening. I wouldn’t give them one extra wooden nickel.

They are all in it for the graft. Their pay should be the median pay in their district.

I agree. The problem people have with that, just playing devils advocate, is that would lead to Congress being more corrupt than it already is. My answer to that would be stronger oversight

Congress, in my mind has grown far too powerful and they use that power to enrich themselves rather than serve us. Look at how many things the majority of Americans have wanted for decades that Congress simply refused to do. We want the budget balanced, we want a tighter rein by Congress on Military Adventurism, we want control over our borders, we want immigration and trade policy that focuses on OUR needs and not a bunch of self-righteous clowns claims about the world's needs.

My solution is a Constitutional Amendment that would allow a Majority of State Legislatures, that all passed an identical bill, to be empowered to send the bill to the President's desk for signing into law.

Once Congress realizes that we have a way to Legislatively implement OUR will, without them, I suspect they would very rapidly become more responsive toward us, and the State Legislatures of the States they supposedly represent.

You do realize that is one of the two ways the Constitution sets for amendments, right?

Try reading the Constitution instead of imagining new ways to accomplish changes that are already contained therein.

I'm not talking about a Constitutional Amendment.

ALL Constitutional Amendments requires the assent of 3/4ths of the State Legislatures.

Try a little research before you shoot your mouth off and embarrass yourself.

T
AOC is fantastic and scares the crap out of wingnuts.
Ted Cruz offered to join forces with her to get a bill through both Houses to make Birth Control OTC. PP of course, opposes this, because they and the Democrats they support are in it for the graft.

ALL Constitutional Amendments requires the assent of 3/4ths of the State Legislatures.

You said Constitutional Amendment right there in your post, dumbass! I don't correct every little mistake you make because that would take an eternity.

Your plan is stupid because 3/4ths of the states can do this already and have already done so.

You said Constitutional Amendment right there in your post, dumbass!
Yes, A Constitutional Amendment, THAT, allows a majority of the State Legislatures to put a bill on the President's desk for signature.
...Your plan is stupid because 3/4ths of the states can do this already and have already done so.
3/4ths CANNOT put a bill on the President's desk for signature and they have never done so.

3/4ths could amend the Constitution so that a majority could put legislation on the President's desk.

Last edited:

Yes, A Constitutional Amendment, THAT, allows a majority of the State Legislatures to put a bill on the President;s desk for signature.
...Your plan is stupid because 3/4ths of the states can do this already and have already done so.
3/4ths CANNOT put a bill on the President's desk for signature and they have never done so.

I taught government and history classes for 21 years. You need to look at the 21st Amendment dumbass!

Yes, A Constitutional Amendment, THAT, allows a majority of the State Legislatures to put a bill on the President;s desk for signature.

I taught government and history classes for 21 years....
None of which changes the facts that a majority of the State Legislatures cannot currently put a bill on the President's desk for signature.

None of which changes the facts that a majority of the State Legislatures cannot currently put a bill on the President's desk for signature.

No. But 3/4ths can! DUMBASS!

3/4ths can amend the Constitution, but a simple majority cannot put a bill on the President's desk for signature, unless they first amend the Constitution to permit that.

Things you are failing to distinguish:
  • 75% =/= to 50% +1
  • Amending the Constitution is =/= to putting a bill on the President's desk for signature.

ocasio-cortez-donkey-chompers.jpg

3/4ths can amend the Constitution, but a simple majority cannot put a bill on the President's desk for signature, unless they first amend the Constitution to permit that.

• 75% =/= to 50% +1
  • Amending the Constitution is =/= to putting a bill on the President's desk for signature.

That simple majority is why it would never pass as a Constitutional Amendment dumbass!

• 75% =/= to 50% +1

That amendment would have to change the Constitution to allow for another type of government, as the Constitution guarantees a Republican form of government. What you describe does not meet that requirement because it eliminates the representatives. Please put your tuition check in the mail since you are getting schooled!

Forum List

Back