AOC Gets Owned in Twitter Exchange

In the grand scheme of life, she is just whining and playing the victim. Most Americans would tell us life isn't easy and we all have problems, concerns and stresses that come with that life.

AOC need not worry about others, just those not as fortunate as her and help them.

Her attack served no purpose other than to stir up hate and mistrust, that should not be the role of a good politician.

Her previous job experience before being a congresswoman was a bartender. That’s nothing to be proud of and it says a lot about the stupid people who voted for her in her district.

It's a step up from lawyer or silver spoon baby.
I don’t believe in looking down on anybody for their profession. Mocking AOC because she was a bar tender is a shitty thing to do, in my opinion. Yes, I think her ideas suck. I think her ideology sucks. I think she is a race card pulling, class warfare wanna-be commie. But mocking her former profession is low. Anybody who works for a living deserves respect, and talking down to people based on their profession is classless and I wish people would stop doing it.

Her previous job experience before being a congresswoman was a bartender. That’s nothing to be proud of and it says a lot about the stupid people who voted for her in her district.

I don’t believe in looking down on anybody for their profession. Mocking AOC because she was a bar tender is a shitty thing to do, in my opinion. Yes, I think her ideas suck. I think her ideology sucks. I think she is a race card pulling, class warfare wanna-be commie. But mocking her former profession is low. Anybody who works for a living deserves respect, and talking down to people based on their profession is classless and I wish people would stop doing it.
At least you acknowledge the working folks.

The rest of your "commie" shit is just that...shit

It’s perfectly fine to mock her for having a low skill job as an adult such as bartender. It’s not to mock all waitresses and bartenders, but to mock her for being in a position of power she’s unqualified for. We don’t want our government officials who are in prominent positions of power to be made up of bartenders and janitors. The fact that the best job she was able to get in the private sector was bartender proves alone she’s not qualified to be a member of Congress.

It’s perfectly fine to mock her for having a low skill job as an adult such as bartender. It’s not to mock all waitresses and bartenders, but to mock her for being in a position of power she’s unqualified for. We don’t want our government officials who are in prominent positions of power to be made up of bartenders and janitors. The fact that the best job she was able to get in the private sector was bartender proves alone she’s not qualified to be a member of Congress.
Only right wingers believe that.

AOC was talking about those who criticize her background
Nobody is criticizing Crenshaw

Who said she was criticizing Crenshaw? He seen her post and took exception to it. If she's allowed to throw barbs any direction she wants, she should get used to being put in her place.
She criticized those who attack her waitressing background while coming from a life of privilege
She never said anything about Crenshaw
She comes from a life of privilege and pretends to be working class. She is a fraud. Like most democrats.
Daughters from a life of privilege end up tending bar?

You must have confused her with Ivanka

She supposedly has a degree,whats she doing working as a bartender?
How was the economy at the time? Was there a "dot com" boom?

What does that have to do with the degree she has?
Absolutely nothing....
In right wing fantasy you can appeal to ignorance of economics. Market economics have an effect on demand.

Kinda like having to many illegals and immigrants drives down wages?
Only if the minimum wage is not raised to compensate.

Min wage will go up on it's own if the market isn't flooded with cheap labor.
Markets have up and down cycles, we need a continual upward pressure on wages on an Institutional basis.

The minimum wage was not raised for around a decade and wages stagnated.

Neither Obama nor Trump addressed the minimum wage.
Minimum wage was raised in 2009 when Obama took office

All attempts since then have been blocked by Republicans

Yes, after it was passed under the Bush administration. There have been very little in the way of trying to pass a minimum wage. Obama should have when he had the huge majorities.
The federal minimum wage last saw an increase in 2009, but by 2010, Congress was controlled by Republicans, so proposals that the administration backed that would have increased the federal minimum wage were not passed. --https://www.epi.org/blog/the-obama-legacy-on-wages/

The Democrats didn't lose the House and Senate until 2011.

Again, the 2009 increased was passed by Bush.
Given there was an increase in 2009, there was no need to increase it in 2010

No excuse for the Republicans blocking for the next ten years

Because the millionaires and lawyers have done such a good job?

Who said she was criticizing Crenshaw? He seen her post and took exception to it. If she's allowed to throw barbs any direction she wants, she should get used to being put in her place.
She criticized those who attack her waitressing background while coming from a life of privilege
She comes from a life of privilege and pretends to be working class. She is a fraud. Like most democrats.

Absolutely nothing....
In right wing fantasy you can appeal to ignorance of economics. Market economics have an effect on demand.

Markets have up and down cycles, we need a continual upward pressure on wages on an Institutional basis.

Yes, after it was passed under the Bush administration. There have been very little in the way of trying to pass a minimum wage. Obama should have when he had the huge majorities.
The federal minimum wage last saw an increase in 2009, but by 2010, Congress was controlled by Republicans, so proposals that the administration backed that would have increased the federal minimum wage were not passed. --https://www.epi.org/blog/the-obama-legacy-on-wages/

Of course there was a reason for the very same reason it was raised in multiple years under Bush.

Absolutely nothing....

Of course there was a reason for the very same reason it was raised in multiple years under Bush.
Before the "black guy" got elected and the right wing rebelled against the Union?

Only right wingers believe that.

yeah ok. Left wingers used to make fun of Herman Cain for being a pizza man, yet he was an accomplished businessman. Anyone with any iota of common sense, no matter what your political leanings are, don’t want a government comprised of bartenders and sanitation workers. AOC is an embarrassment. Her colleagues know this.

I don't see anything wrong with being a bartender and I certainly don't object to them being in Congress. We have a lot of people in Congress that makes a lot of money and out of touch with the real working class people that make up most of America. I don't care for her policies and she does say some stupid crap, however her coming from a working class background is okay in my book.

Government sucks, but it would suck more if it was comprised of bartender. Common sense. Use it.

Government sucks, but it would suck more if it was comprised of bartender. Common sense. Use it.

Common sense. The millionaires have us in multiple wasteful wars and 27 trillion in debt.

I don't see anything wrong with being a bartender and I certainly don't object to them being in Congress. We have a lot of people in Congress that makes a lot of money and out of touch with the real working class people that make up most of America. I don't care for her policies and she does say some stupid crap, however her coming from a working class background is okay in my book.

I do see something wrong with it. I believe that you should prove you’re capable of taking on a high level of responsibility before becoming a member of Congress. Most people agree with me because we don’t see many people who worked low level jobs before working in Congress. If you’re out of school and you work in a bar that a sure sign you don’t belong in governmen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back