Anyone?

My (very long and varied) personal experiences are just that. Do you have any personal experience teaching in public schools?
Your experience in an educrat's ivory tower...I have vast experience with the results of the shit system that you will apparently defend to your death...Whether or not I was ever an educrat like you is entirely irrelevant.

Wow, you really have trouble with comprehension, don't you?

I'm saying that people like you demand perfection from any proposed change, before you'll even consider it.....Fiddling at the margins is radical to you.

Are you a liberal democrat? I ask because your attitude bears a striking resemblance to fdr's approach to the Great Depression. An approach that deepened and lengthened that crisis for years. He had no idea what the hell he was doing, so he just kept throwing spaghetti at the wall, hoping something would stick. Change just for the sake of change, with no inkling of whether that change will be for the better, is kinda stupid. Typical liberal thinking.

Are you a liberal democrat? I ask because your attitude bears a striking resemblance to fdr's approach to the Great Depression. An approach that deepened and lengthened that crisis for years. He had no idea what the hell he was doing, so he just kept throwing spaghetti at the wall, hoping something would stick. Change just for the sake of change, with no inkling of whether that change will be for the better, is kinda stupid. Typical liberal thinking.
You ask that as an insult, and I know it.....You're not as slick as you think you are.

And you are the embodiment of Einstein's description of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting a different result.

1634856888963.png

Does anyone really want to discuss education? Not rehashing one dead horse talking point endlessly, or decrying all teachers as monsters? Unions tend toward sucking, ALL racism is bad, and every profession has some nut jobs working in it. Ok? Do we have that out of the way now? Anyone interested in really discussing methodologies, challenges, teaching/learning experiences, or possible changes? We have established by now that some people are advocates for home schooling, vouchers, or charter schools. Some people want cameras surgically implanted in all teachers, rigged to explode if a parent sitting on the sofa at home sees something she doesn't like. Got it? Now, how about discussing education?
Sure. I will start:

All the people saying dumb ass shit like:

"We should teach balancing a checkbook instead of algebra!"

...are wrong. Just because they went into a career where they "don't use algebra" (even though they use algebra every day without knowing it) doesnt mean others dont.

Where do they think engineers, mathematicians, and scientists come from? Do they think they appear as fully formed and fully educated adults, dropped from the sky?

Your experience in an educrat's ivory tower
Uneducated people are always pretty easy to spot. Especially the older ones, because they ALWAYS -- and I do mean ALWAYS -- freely and unsolicitedly express contempt for people who are more educated than they are. The years of feeling stupid start to add up and take their toll.

Uneducated people are always pretty easy to spot. Especially the older ones, because they ALWAYS -- and I do mean ALWAYS -- freely and unsolicitedly express contempt for people who are more educated than they are. The years of feeling stupid start to add up and take their toll.
Easy now, you're going to hurt his feelings by describing him so exactly.

Easy now, you're going to hurt his feelings by describing him so exactly.
He thinks he is a special little boy, thinking for himself against all those book-learned eggheads. But he is a dime a dozen. I could write all of his posts for him.

Forum List

Back