Anyone who disputes this .. have lost touch with reality...

Who needs it?

What is in it for me?

This is in fact the only thing you've ever posted. You now have 60K plus posts that only care about that question.

The answer is that no one is going to send you a check, so directly nothing. Indirectly, it helps our economy, provides jobs and reduces funding for bad governments that sit on most of the world's oil. If you still have a car, it drives down the price of gas.

I realize I lost you after "no one is going to send you a check" ...

Who needs it?

What is in it for me?

This is in fact the only thing you've ever posted. You now have 60K plus posts that only care about that question.

The answer is that no one is going to send you a check, so directly nothing. Indirectly, it helps our economy, provides jobs and reduces funding for bad governments that sit on most of the world's oil. If you still have a car, it drives down the price of gas.

Very true

What is Keystone going to do for me? Will it bring lower gas prices? Will it spike our employment numbers?

Otherwise....why should I care if it gets built or not?

Who needs it?

What is in it for me?

Very true

What is Keystone going to do for me? Will it bring lower gas prices? Will it spike our employment numbers?

So you won't protect our ocean is what you are saying?

Are you seriously arguing it's safer to put oil on boats and sail them across the ocean than to transport oil over land in a pipeline?

Who said anything about safety? It numbers. In reality the amount of oil spilled from just this one incident far exceeds the amount of oil the OP cites is in one mile of pipeline.

As far as safety goes, wouldn't it depend on where the accident at sea happened? Even if pipeline spills were less than tankers, the close proximity of the pipelines to humans make them more dangerous.

What point are you arguing regarding pipelines and shipping?

BTW, only measuring the amount of oil as you did also misses the point that oil going into the ocean does a lot more damage than on land and is harder to contain. "Kaz" is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan. That spill did NOTHING like what happened in Alaska.

That you cannot determine the potential hazard of any oil spill by comparing the amount of oil in one mile of pipe to the amount of oil in a tanker.

Three years after oil spill, a slow recovery haunts Kalamazoo River | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I'm certainly not trying to suggest that there wasn't massive ecological damage to the Prince William Sound caused by the Valdez Oil spill.

Who needs it?

What is in it for me?

Very true

That you don't care about a conversation is a very interesting and powerful message. Thank you for your trolling contribution. It just makes it an all around better conversation.

Who said anything about safety? It numbers. In reality the amount of oil spilled from just this one incident far exceeds the amount of oil the OP cites is in one mile of pipeline.

As far as safety goes, wouldn't it depend on where the accident at sea happened? Even if pipeline spills were less than tankers, the close proximity of the pipelines to humans make them more dangerous.

What point are you arguing regarding pipelines and shipping?

BTW, only measuring the amount of oil as you did also misses the point that oil going into the ocean does a lot more damage than on land and is harder to contain. "Kaz" is short for my home town, Kalamazoo, Michigan. That spill did NOTHING like what happened in Alaska.

That you cannot determine the potential hazard of any oil spill by comparing the amount of oil in one mile of pipe to the amount of oil in a tanker.

Three years after oil spill, a slow recovery haunts Kalamazoo River | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I'm certainly not trying to suggest that there wasn't massive ecological damage to the Prince William Sound caused by the Valdez Oil spill.

I see, so, what point are you arguing regarding pipelines and shipping?

Very true

He does if there's a check in it for protecting the ocean. He doesn't want to protect the ocean if there's a check in it for us to not protect the ocean. Otherwise he doesn't care.

He's not going to look at the big picture, indirect consequences or think long term. Which is why he has lived paycheck to paycheck his entire adult life. He's a troll.

Very true

Keystone will not remove a single tanker from our oceans unless a tanker is capable of moving from Central Canada to Texas.

Very true

That you don't care about a conversation is a very interesting and powerful message. Thank you for your trolling contribution. It just makes it an all around better conversation.

Keystone will not remove a single tanker from our oceans unless a tanker is capable of moving from Central Canada to Texas.

I see, so your view is that we consume the oil that's available, we don't buy the oil that we need. Gotcha.

BTW, they are considering shipping the oil to China. I'm curious how you think they plan to get it there...

I see, so your view is that we consume the oil that's available, we don't buy the oil that we need. Gotcha.

BTW, they are considering shipping the oil to China. I'm curious how you think they plan to get it there...

I see a big advantage for Canada. How does it help the US?

Why should I care about a Canadian pipeline?

My personal opinion is that this pipeline isn't going to do anything to help with the crippling cost of energy for so many American families.
But it might shift some of what we spend away from people who just don't seem to like us very much - so at least that's a good thing.

How do we know, in the long run, these oil spills don't help the environment?

No, but they do not permanently destroy is either. millions of gallons were spilled into the gulf in 2010, today the gulf is clean, full of marine life, the marshes have come back.

Oil is a natural substance, it is leaking into the ocean all the time. It is not the evil destructive chemical that the libtards make it out to be.

By creating thousands of jobs, numbnuts.

Since we've established you only care if there's a check in it for you, you don't care.

Very true

Uhhh,, pipeline to Vancover, tanker down the west coast, thru the panama canal to the port of Houston, then truck or train to the refineries.

the pipleline eliminates the tanker, trucks, and trains and is much more cost effective.

Forum List

Back