Anyone remember "sin of Sodom and Gomorrah"?

Is God sending a message about the immorality of the left by destroying the most liberal city?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I am confused

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
You do know that the term Sodomy (to penetrate the place when shit comes out of) was named after that famous city?
I've known that since I was a teenager.
In my version of King James, it sill had the term "Slavery" in it. Because back then the translation meant slaves of the Israelites. But after 40 years of bullshit PC and how evil the US was for owning slaves, the term now is "Servant", thus making owning slaves back then okay, they weren't slaves they were servants. So the Southern White Democrats didnt own black slaves, they owned black servants. See how fucked up PC has become?

Sodom and Gomorrah greater sin was their lack of hospitality.
So hospitality is more important than getting your fudge packed? :lmao:

In scripture, there is only a single biblical injunction against homosexuality, specifically male homosexuality.

In the same scripture, there are three separate prohibitions of the mixing dairy products with meat at the same meal.

So, on the face of it, going to Burger King is three times as wrong, scripturally speaking, as man-on-man sex.

There is more than one injunction against gay sex in the Bible.

But the sin of Sodom was even greater because these guys essentially would gang rape new comers to their city.

Pretty sick bunch.

In scripture, there is only a single biblical injunction against homosexuality, specifically male homosexuality.

In the same scripture, there are three separate prohibitions of the mixing dairy products with meat at the same meal.

So, on the face of it, going to Burger King is three times as wrong, scripturally speaking, as man-on-man sex.

There is more than one injunction against gay sex in the Bible.

But the sin of Sodom was even greater because these guys essentially would gang rape new comers to their city.

Pretty sick bunch.
When the angels were sent down, the inhabitants tried to rape them, thus proving that the city needed to be cleansed of not only the immoral actions of the people, but all the excrement left on the streets.

Sounds just like San Fransicko...may they burn in hell with those of Sodom and Gomorrah.

read the rest here:

The Sin of Sodom and its Impact on Creation | My Jewish Learning

Commentary on Parashat Vayera, Genesis 18:1 - 22:24

Two cosmic catastrophes unfold in the book of Genesis. The first, the flood, in which God brings waters down from the Heavens to destroy almost all life. The second, the utter devastation of Sodom and Gomorrah, in which an area previously known as a fertile and lush “garden of Hashem” (Genesis 13:10) becomes a desolate land “that cannot be sown, nor sprout, and no grass shall rise up upon it, like the upheaval of Sodom and Gomorrah…which God overturned in His anger, and His wrath” (Deuteronomy 29:22).

One of the connections we see between these two events is the word the

employs in both cases, lihashcheet–to destroy. When God relates to Noah that He will bring the flood He says, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with robbery through them; and, behold, I am about to destroy (mashcheetam) them from the earth” (Genesis 6:13).

In the case of Sodom we see the same word applied, “…when God destroyed (beshachet) the cities of the plain…” (Gen. 19:29). The Torah did not elaborate on the sin of Sodom, but the underpinnings are expressed later in the prophecy of Ezekiel: “Behold this was the sin of Sodom…She and her daughters had pride, excess bread, and peaceful serenity, but she did not strengthen the hand of the poor and the needy” (16:49).

What Did They Do?
The prophet’s description combined with what the Torah reveals to us gives us the following picture: the people of Sodom insisted on preserving their high quality of living to such an extent that they established a principle not to let the poor and homeless reside in their city. Consequently when a destitute person would come seeking help, they would revoke his right to any welfare–public or private! By doing this they figured they would preserve an elite upper class community who would monopolize the profits that the bountiful land offers without having to distribute any revenues to a “lower class” of people.

An opinion in the Mishnah in

5:10 further strengthens this picture of moral depravity when it defines the Sodomite as one who says, “What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is yours.” The
decries a man who wishes to remove himself from the social responsibility of welfare by closing himself and his wealth from others, even if he makes the claim that he is not taking away from anyone else.

Interestingly, the Sages of the

did not merely draw attention to the relationship between the economic injustices of the generation of the flood and the social depravity of Sodom. The Torah narrative concerning Sodom reveals something deeper. “They called out to Lot, ‘Where are the men that came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them!'” (Gen. 19:5) Indeed, the men demanded to relate to Lot’s male guests sexually. According to the
in Genesis Rabbah 28:8, the destruction caused by the flood also shared a similar cause:

“Rabbi Azariyah said in the name of Rabbi Yehoshua son of Simon, every creature had been corrupted in the generation of the flood. The dog would mate with the wolf, the hen with the peacock. For it is written, ‘All flesh was corrupted.’ ‘All mankind was corrupted’ is not written, rather ‘All flesh was corrupted.’ (Thereby coming to include all flesh, both human and animal.) Rabbi Luliyani son of Tavrin said in the name of Rabbi Isaac, ‘Even the land became corrupt as they would sow wheat and the land would sprout degenerate wheat.'”

Sins Against the Environment
Until now, we have dealt with sins between people and God (sexual immorality) and between people and society (robbery, excluding the poor) — yet our Torah portion even makes references to sins between man and his environment. The Torah again uses the verb hashchata in relation to the wanton destruction of fruit trees: “When you besiege a city to seize it, do not destroy (tashchit) its trees by swinging an axe against them, for from it you will eat, and you shall not cut it down; is the tree of the field a man that it should enter the siege before you?” (Deut. 20:19)

A final example: the same Hebrew verb hishchit is used in regards to the widely accepted Law delineated in the Book of Mitzvot not to destroy any part of our world. Under the above-stated commandment not to destroy fruit trees in a siege, comes a further negative commandment where we are forbidden to waste.

For example, we must not tear or burn clothing or break or discard dishes for no reason. About all of these issues or any other issues of wanton destruction, the Sages of blessed memory said in the Talmud, “And he has transgressed the sin of being a wasteful man” (The Book of Mitzvot #529).

Judgement was alrdy predetermined before that event
Do you think that was a one-time instance--the only time something of that sort happened? I am not promoting the practice of homosexuality--or even approving it. Homosexuality misses the mark of ideal sexual practice, and it is because it misses this ideal that it is considered a sin. (Sin means missing the mark.) I am willing to bet that homosexuality was not the only sexual practice that missed the mark, that was less than ideal. It may have been one of the milder deviations. We don't know.

The lesson we don't even consider from Sodom and Gomorrah is that people were putting their own pleasures first--even at the expense of the stranger or foreigner, perhaps especially at their expense. Homosexuality was one of the byproducts of that sin--but certainly not the only one. Today, are we guilty of putting our personal pleasures first over caring for others?

In my version of King James, it sill had the term "Slavery" in it. Because back then the translation meant slaves of the Israelites. But after 40 years of bullshit PC and how evil the US was for owning slaves, the term now is "Servant", thus making owning slaves back then okay, they weren't slaves they were servants. So the Southern White Democrats didnt own black slaves, they owned black servants. See how fucked up PC has become?
I am not a fan of political correctness. In fact, the slaves of the Israelites (and other nations back then) were much different than where it occurred in the deep South in the 1800s. I would prefer these differences be made known rather than changing words, but it is what it is.

Do you think that was a one-time instance--the only time something of that sort happened? I am not promoting the practice of homosexuality--or even approving it. Homosexuality misses the mark of ideal sexual practice, and it is because it misses this ideal that it is considered a sin. (Sin means missing the mark.) I am willing to bet that homosexuality was not the only sexual practice that missed the mark, that was less than ideal. It may have been one of the milder deviations. We don't know.

The lesson we don't even consider from Sodom and Gomorrah is that people were putting their own pleasures first--even at the expense of the stranger or foreigner, perhaps especially at their expense. Homosexuality was one of the byproducts of that sin--but certainly not the only one. Today, are we guilty of putting our personal pleasures first over caring for others?
so ya got nothing,,,,,,,,but conjecture unsupported by scripture

If you say so. Others may agree it is conjecture, but it is supported by scripture. Also, I am not the first to "conjecture" this, so others have also seen support in scripture.

Alrdy posted....judgement had been rendered prior to your event...….no doubt other sins were committed while the Angels were there besides what you listed....doesn't matter....fate was alrdy sealed.....

If you say so. Others may agree it is conjecture, but it is supported by scripture. Also, I am not the first to "conjecture" this, so others have also seen support in scripture.
No its not. Saying it is is a lie......
Homosexual acts are not guiltless. And to suggest that the Bible is not clear on this subject is to try to deny sin of any sort even exists.

Well also in the Bible, it definately said that man on man sex was a great sin, and was in the 10 commandments..

Tha'll shalt not covet your neighbors ass.

:cul2::cul2:

What do you make of this history?

WHEN SAME-SEX MARRIAGE WAS A CHRISTIAN RITE1

Regards
DL
This is conjecture concocted by people willing to distort fact in an effort to cover their own butts. Same sex marriage was never a "Christian" rite. All sexual impropriety was always considered wrong and to be abstained from.

why? Unless they are orthodox, then JW's will do when it comes to following the good book right down to the letters.
King James letters? Seen through the lens of modern culture, and read/heard in English? Those letters are quite different than those written in Hebrew, and looked at through a perspective thousands of years old.

um, ya. i know. i pulled out the KJV because that is what most 'christians' are familiar with. like i said, i studied with the JV's. or should i have said yahweh without the vowels?

Last edited:

i'd say that incest is a bit more deviant..... which is why i brought up the whole sodom & gomorrah is the prime cherry picked christian reason why homosexuality is a sin & they want everyone to just forget the rest of the story where Lot doing his daughters.

Well also in the Bible, it definately said that man on man sex was a great sin, and was in the 10 commandments..

Tha'll shalt not covet your neighbors ass.

:cul2::cul2:

What do you make of this history?

WHEN SAME-SEX MARRIAGE WAS A CHRISTIAN RITE1

Regards
DL
This is conjecture concocted by people willing to distort fact in an effort to cover their own butts. Same sex marriage was never a "Christian" rite. All sexual impropriety was always considered wrong and to be abstained from.

what if one is not a 'christian'?

Forum List

Back