Anyone here make beer or wine to sell?

Maxnovax

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2022
Thinking of doing both for sales.. If anyone has a link for getting started I’d love to look at it.. thanks.

Thinking of doing both for sales.. If anyone has a link for getting started I’d love to look at it.. thanks.
I have thought the same thing. Laws have become more lax in this area and makes this much more feasible. I have some freinds started doing beer in the basement about six years ago and now have in a short time seven bars serving only their beers. They have made a bunch of new friends and had a blast along the way. I went a different route trying to install fun into work and started fishing charters and hunting guide buisness. Still expanding that but I have a couple of months per year where I don't have income with those gigs. Also aging the hunting is feeling like work. To damn old to sit still and quiet in 7 degree weather every day. First three days of the week is fun fourth day I am cold and tired. Thinking of replacing the winter hunting and go south to run fishing charters.

I have been a home brewer for years. I have sold beer only a couple times, not worth the ludicrous legal penalties that are there only to protect corporate brands.
The craft beer movement has been a fantastic thing to happen in America. Too bad the ridiculous restrictions against selling homebrew exists. Maybe someday.
To your question. There are many successful craft beer breweries and it is still a growing market.
How long have you brewed beer?
You don't?....uh.... yeah... you might learn that part first. Otherwise your entire business rest on the skill of someone else who damn well may use you for proof of concept to start his/her own place and leave you hanging.
This has happened 4 times in the past 10 years within 10 miles of me.

It seems to me that making good wine is easier than making good beer.

I don't even know how many gallons wine I wasted when I was a newbie at winemaking. I would just dump it out into the sump crock in my basement if it didn't taste wonderful within a couple weeks.

I didn't know about techniques such as aging wine or blending different varieties of wine and that kind of stuff.

Forum List

Back