Anyone here have prostate cancer?

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Been monitoring my little tumor for 2 years. My PSA spiked from 6.2 to 7.1 recently. Waiting for MRI results. Anyone go through radiation treatment? Not worried, just a tad anxious about side affects of treatment and preparing for it, if need be.

Friend and neighbor spent hundreds of thousands on trips to Germany over a 2-year period in hopes of conquering his prostate cancer.

Fortunately his wife still had enough for a nice funeral.....just before she died about two months ago.

Moral....from my point of view.....don't fall for phony "miracle" cures.

Been monitoring my little tumor for 2 years. My PSA spiked from 6.2 to 7.1 recently. Waiting for MRI results. Anyone go through radiation treatment? Not worried, just a tad anxious about side affects of treatment and preparing for it, if need be.
Hope you kick its ass man.

Try to use autophagy, intermittently if you can.

Friend and neighbor spent hundreds of thousands on trips to Germany over a 2-year period in hopes of conquering his prostate cancer.

Fortunately his wife still had enough for a nice funeral.....just before she died about two months ago.

Moral....from my point of view.....don't fall for phony "miracle" cures.
I have a world class urologist. He is to the point. People have mentioned different cure-alls, like dandelion root, but I won't bother. The doc says, for now, just keep an open mind to staying fit.

I had prostate cancer three years ago..Stage 2...the tumor had not left the Prostate capsule.

I elected for Gamma Knife Treatment:

Compare CyberKnife & Radiation in Treating Prostate Cancer | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah
Compare CyberKnife & Surgery for Prostate Cancer | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah

Cure rates are as good as or better than all other treatments...it is comparable to surgical removal without erectile dysfunction or incontinence.

Cancer free as of today.***knock***

BTW this is the place I had my treatment...nice folk.

I read about Jack Dorsey doing that.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

No but best of luck and glad you have been monitoring. Talked to a man this week who apparently has had it spread into all 4 lobes of his lungs on a reoccurance he wasn't monitoring too closely for. Apparently that is an unusual place for prostate cancer to set up. Since they are not doing his biopsy for several weeks I am guessing they know it is terminal for him and see no need to rush him to the diagnosis.

You'll be ok, sounds like you've been on top of it. My uncle is 89 and was diagnosed 5 years ago with stage 3 prostate cancer and he's doing fine still.

I read about Jack Dorsey doing that.
It's not woo woo, either...its how the body actually works. Its a survival mechanism we've inherited through evolution...the body is so sophisticated that before starving, it converts its own cells into fuel (food) before shutting down...and it also prioritizes eating up damaged cells first, before good ones.

Theb, once youre ready to break your fast your new cells are super receptive to whatevers in that 1st and sometimes 2nd meal...so eating something vitamin and nutrient dense adds another layer of benefit.

Im not sure how this all would work or works with radiation though, unfortunately.

I wish you the best! Kick ass

I had prostate cancer three years ago..Stage 2...the tumor had not left the Prostate capsule.

Compare CyberKnife & Radiation in Treating Prostate Cancer | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah
Compare CyberKnife & Surgery for Prostate Cancer | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah

Cure rates are as good as or better than all other treatments...it is comparable to surgical removal without erectile dysfunction or incontinence.

Good to hear about being free of it.The hospital here has the gamma knife.

If that's an option for you, I'd recommend it. Next best is the traditional beam radiation--but recurrence rates after ten years are higher then the Cyberknife.
Surgery is a cure..if the cancer is localized....but the recovery can be brutal. Diapers and no sex.

No but best of luck and glad you have been monitoring. Talked to a man this week who apparently has had it spread into all 4 lobes of his lungs on a reoccurance he wasn't monitoring too closely for. Apparently that is an unusual place for prostate cancer to set up. Since they are not doing his biopsy for several weeks I am guessing they know it is terminal for him and see no need to rush him to the diagnosis.
3 years ago my (ex) GP told me that PSA tests were unreliable. A year later and a new GP told me BS and took a PSA test, especially since my Dad had prostate cancer. After getting those results, he (the GP) then referred me to the Urologist and subsequently had a biopsy. And there it was.

If that's an option for you, I'd recommend it. Next best is the traditional beam radiation--but recurrence rates after ten years are higher then the Cyberknife.
Surgery is a cure..if the cancer is localized....but the recovery can be brutal. Diapers and no sex.
Doc said hump as much as you can now. LOL

Cyberknife is better than the traditional radiation. Takes a lot less time. Traditional radiation is like 40 visits, Cyberknife is done in a week and a half.

I had Blue Light Laser surgery in 2008 for a pre-cancerous enlarged prostate. It was so painful I couldn't walk or sit. The VA did an outpatient surgery and I felt perfectly fine that day with zero pain. I only had to wear a colostomy bag for 10 days. No problems since the operation. There are even more advanced surgeries in the past 10 years and better preventative procedures.

Cyberknife is better than the traditional radiation. Takes a lot less time. Traditional radiation is like 40 visits, Cyberknife is done in a week and a half.
I was told radiation= 1 hr. day x 5 day p wk for 2 months.

Have a friend who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer.....a little worse than prostate as he was told to go home and die by 3 different hospitals here in NYC. He heard about a Dr. Gil Lederman ( www.rsny.org )Supposedly he had dubious reputation (from what I have been able to find it is mostly other money grubbing doctors bad mouthing him) but he does accept medicare and most insurances and is NON-INVASIVE, anything non-invasive is certainly worth a try. Friend went to see him. It is directed radiation in a special frame they make of his body and shoot thousands of beams from all different angles. Five 10 minutes treatments and walk out of office. No pain, no cutting and they did biopsy on pancreas to make sure he did have cancer and all this done in one day. Anyway after the 5 treatments and being checked every 3 months his pancreatic cancer is basically gone or in remission over 2 years now and still no regeneration. Might be worth your while and be a hell of a lot cheaper than cutting. Friend swears by him and looks real good for supposedly being dead about 2 years ago.....Give him a call or listen to his radio show every midnight EASTERN on WOR radio 710 AM in NY, I catch the show on I heart radio. BTW he treats ALL BODY CANCER FROM HEAD TO FEET!.... Can't hurt to make that call!

Last edited:

It "can be" brutal, sure.

But nowadays, they do the robotic surgery with minimal loss of blood and most guys are continent within a

I was told radiation= 1 hr. day x 5 day p wk for 2 months.

That's the traditional radiation protocol. The Cyber Knife packs more punch into each treatment and finishes up a lot quicker. There fewer places however who do the Cyber Knife.

Have a friend who had stage 4 pancreatic cancer.....a little worse than prostate as he was told to go home and die by 3 different hospitals here in NYC. He heard about a Dr. Gil Lederman (www.rsny.com). Supposedly he had dubious reputation (from what I have been able to find it is mostly other money grubbing doctors bad mouthing him) but he does accept medicare and most insurances and is NON-INVASIVE, anything non-invasive is certainly worth a try. Friend went to see him. It is directed radiation in a special frame they make of his body and shoot thousands of beams from all different angles. Five 10 minutes treatments and walk out of office. No pain, no cutting and they did biopsy on pancreas to make sure he did have cancer and all this done in one day. Anyway after the 5 treatments and being checked every 3 months his pancreatic cancer is basically gone or in remission over 2 years now and still no regeneration. Might be worth your while and be a hell of a lot cheaper than cutting. Friend swears by him and looks real good for supposedly being dead about 2 years ago.....Give him a call or listen to his radio show every midnight EASTERN on WOR radio 710 AM in NY, I catch the show on I heart radio. BTW he treats ALL BODY CANCER FROM HEAD TO FEET!.... Can't hurt to make that call!
Pancreatic is a killer, for sure. Prostate is supposed to be slow growing. I am at the top level for not bad. If that makes sense.

Forum List

Back