Anyone here ever been to Branson?

It's alright. Shows are all pretty good. Busy as hell on the weekends. Tourist trappy. What are you interested in?

It's not far away from me, so can't help with lodgings.

P.s. - Bass Pro's new wildlife museum and aquarium PLUS the NRA firearm museum (in Springfield) and Fantastic Caverns (three miles North of Springfield) are all awesome.

And Lamberts in Ozark, MO (home of the throwed roll) has some of the best food in the area...but bring cash...credit/debit cards aren't accepted.

Last edited:
I took the fam a few years ago. We stayed in an amazing cabin right on the lake.
If you go, go while its warm. The town shuts down in winter. Even eateries close..
In the summer or early fall, it would be comparable to gatlinburg and pigeon forge without the view. As many know, those "mountains" in branson are more like hills.

upload_2018-11-4_23-46-35.png

I took the fam a few years ago. We stayed in an amazing cabin right on the lake.
If you go, go while its warm. The town shuts down in winter. Even eateries close..
In the summer or early fall, it would be comparable to gatlinburg and pigeon forge without the view. As many know, those "mountains" in branson are more like hills.
That is because they are so old. The Arbuckle mountains in Okiehoma are the oldest mountains in the US.

What is there to see in Missouri?

If I want to see something, I'll board the 9:00 p.m. at Dullas and arrive in London at 8:00 a.m. British time.

I bet there is a lot of great places to do metal detecting in Missouri for old coins and treasures.

I found half a musket once, back home in the Blue Ridge mountains. And a bunch of arrow heads. And there's gold all over the place, just have to bring hip waders and know where to look for it.

Forum List

Back