Anyone have to get toes or fingers cut off?

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds tough. As a kid, I once got my thang caught in my zipper, but I don't think that is the same thing.

Does it hurt? I am going to have to get a few toes cut off due to frost bite last winter.

And I want to know how long does the pain last?
Wow. Sorry to hear that. I thought you were in warmer climes than that.

it will stop hurting once the pain goes away,,
No kidding, but I just got a great job, paying me 35 bucks an hour, no on call just 40 hours a week, I want to schedule the surgery on December 24th I just was wondering how long it would take me to walk, it's not my big toes, the second ones on both feet and the third one on my right foot

No kidding, but I just got a great job, paying me 35 bucks an hour, no on call just 40 hours a week, I want to schedule the surgery on December 24th I just was wondering how long it would take me to walk, it's not my big toes, the second ones on both feet and the third one on my right foot
I cant imagine it will hurt worse than the frostbite itself cause that shit hurts like a mother,, I would be more worried about the phantom pain that comes later,,
it will be tough but you can do it,, morphine is your friend,,

Twelve to sixteen weeks.

I cant imagine it will hurt worse than the frostbite itself cause that shit hurts like a mother,, I would be more worried about the phantom pain that comes later,,
it will be tough but you can do it,, morphine is your friend,,
Thats what I was thinking, but the surgeon says my third toe and big toe will kind of meet in harmony, so it's no big deal for me to have balance,but I really was wondering does the saw hurt, I am kinda of a pussy when it comes to this stuff, I keep thinking god gave me everything for a purpose in life

Does it hurt? I am going to have to get a few toes cut off due to frost bite last winter.

And I want to know how long does the pain last?
I dont think its going to be too bad. The first 3 days will be rough, but after a week it will be significantly better. Might take a couple months for the pain to completely go away. Ive never lost toes or fingers, but ive had other surgeries, so i feel like this assessment is probably fairly accurate.

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking, but the surgeon says my third toe and big toe will kind of meet in harmony, so it's no big deal for me to have balance,but I really was wondering does the saw hurt, I am kinda of a pussy when it comes to this stuff, I keep thinking god gave me everything for a purpose in life
We've made advances in medicine. They don't give you a stick to bite down on any more. They will just knock you out, and wake you when it's over.

they will numb you up and if youre lucky a little morphine or some other special sauce,,

I have a smashed up big toe and from time to time I kick something and it gets hurting so bad I want to take some hedge loppers and snip that fucker off,, it couldnt hurt any worse than the pain I already have,,

me and pain are old friends,,

Well, you arent going to feel the saw because you will be under for it. Im assuming they wont be using a saw anyway. My guess is they use a scalpel to remove the bone by cutting away the ligaments at the knuckle, then sew a flap of skin over it.

They won't use a saw on toes or fingers, it's more like a pair of dikes.

Thts rough, at least its toes and not fingers….

I dont think its going to be too bad. The first 3 days will be rough, but after a week it will be significantly better. Might take a month or two for the pain to completely go away. Ive never lost toes or fingers, but ive had other surgeries, so i feel like this assessment is probably fairly accurate.
I went to the hyberbaric (spl?) Chamber for like 6 weeks every other day to save my feet it worked out real well, but I am a smoker at 57 the docs say I have poor circulation,and about a month or so ago they said they could see bone in my toes so it has to come off or could get worse. I just don't want to give up a good job just because I can't walk for now,

Does toes really just fall off? Like I heard with diabetes?

Forum List

Back