Anyone Have Any Veal Recipes?

I've never cooked Veal before and I am eager to try, anyone have any recipes they care to share?

I don't really eat veal often, but I do sometimes buy ground veal and add it to hamburger meat and ground pork and make meatballs out of it. They are really good. I just make them like I would normally make meatballs, but they just seem more tasty when you add three meats instead of just one. :)

You mix the veal with other meats and make it into meatballs?!

Sacrilege!!! Burn her! Burrrrrrrn herrrrrrrrrrrr!

You know what else is really good? Venison meatballs! Of course, when you make venison meatballs, you HAVE to add hamburger or pork or something for the fat content because venison has next to no fat and is very lean. You need that fat to make a juicy and tender meatball.

I've never cooked Veal before and I am eager to try, anyone have any recipes they care to share?

I don't really eat veal often, but I do sometimes buy ground veal and add it to hamburger meat and ground pork and make meatballs out of it. They are really good. I just make them like I would normally make meatballs, but they just seem more tasty when you add three meats instead of just one. :)

You mix the veal with other meats and make it into meatballs?!

Sacrilege!!! Burn her! Burrrrrrrn herrrrrrrrrrrr!

You know what else is really good? Venison meatballs! Of course, when you make venison meatballs, you HAVE to add hamburger or pork or something for the fat content because venison has next to no fat and is very lean. You need that fat to make a juicy and tender meatball.

Yep. Meat gets its flavor from the fat.

Veal are abused baby cows which are kept in a small crate so they can't turn around or walk, so that their muscles are like mush. Do you have zero morals brah?

Veal is very tender.

Happily there are many like BillyP who object to the treatment of domesticated animals. They ensure there's a plentiful supply for the rest of us. I often will find ground veal at 75% off, allowing me to buy it at between $1-2/lb.

Ground veal makes great meatballs.

I like lamb meat balls, too. I'm making them (kefta) for dinner tonight.

Ground lamb is another of those meats I always find with special discounted prices, but unlike veal, it really requires a developed taste: It is not beef-like. It is not pork-like. I is not turkey-like. One had better be very careful serving lamb only to people who like lamb. Many, including The Slaves, will simply not eat it however much I disguise it (typically in Moussaka).

Ground lamb is another of those meats I always find with special discounted prices, but unlike veal, it really requires a developed taste: It is not beef-like. It is not pork-like. I is not turkey-like. One had better be very careful serving lamb only to people who like lamb. Many, including The Slaves, will simply not eat it however much I disguise it (typically in Moussaka).

You have slaves? :ack-1: Isn't that illegal?

You have slaves? :ack-1: Isn't that illegal?

Yes, don't tell anyone.

:eusa_shhh:

As far as the government is concerned, I have "dependents."

This is so yummy:

Moroccan Kefta with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:

1 lb ground lamb
2 scallions (or some white onion) white parts only
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Ras Al Hanout
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon

Directions:

Chop and mix all ingredients except lamb in a food processor. Break up lamb in a bowl, add the choppes stuff, and mix together by hand.

Make into meatballs, and chill. Can either put on skewers to grill, or fry in a bit of olive oil

Yogurt Sauce:

1 cup plain yogurt
3 green onions, minced
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 cucumber,peeled seeded and coarsley grated (about 1 cup)
1 medium tomato,peeled, seeded and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste.

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate for a hour before serving.

Use yogurt sauce as a garnish with meat balls. I also like to have some Harissa on the side (Mustapha's is the best).

This is so yummy:

1 lb ground lamb
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Ras Al Hanout
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon

Directions:

Chop and mix all ingredients except lamb in a food processor. Break up lamb in a bowl, add the choppes stuff, and mix together by hand.

Make into meatballs, and chill. Can either put on skewers to grill, or fry in a bit of olive oil

Yogurt Sauce:

1 cup plain yogurt
3 green onions, minced
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate for a hour before serving.

Use yogurt sauce as a garnish with meat balls. I also like to have some Harissa on the side (Mustapha's is the best).

What is Ros al Hanout? Some kind of spice? I've never heard of it before.

This is so yummy:

1 lb ground lamb
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Ras Al Hanout
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon

Directions:

Yogurt Sauce:

1 cup plain yogurt
3 green onions, minced
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Directions:

Ras el hanout is not the leader of ISIS.

The mixture may consist of over a dozen spices. Commonly used ingredients include cardamom, clove, cinnamon, ground chili peppers, coriander, cumin, peppercorn, paprika, fenugreek, and turmeric. Some spices may be particular to the region, such as ash berries, chufa, grains of paradise, orris root, monk's pepper, cubebs, or dried rosebud. Ingredients may be toasted before being ground and mixed together

This is so yummy:

1 lb ground lamb
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Ras Al Hanout
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon

Directions:

Yogurt Sauce:

1 cup plain yogurt
3 green onions, minced
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Directions:

Ras al Hanout is a spice blend - and it can vary. It means "head of the shop", or the best spices.

This is so yummy:

1 lb ground lamb
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Ras Al Hanout
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon

Directions:

Yogurt Sauce:

1 cup plain yogurt
3 green onions, minced
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Directions:

Ras al Hanout is a spice blend - and it can vary. It means "head of the shop", or the best spices.

I wonder if that's available at regular grocery stores, or do you have to get it at a specialty shop or online or something? I love spices and I'm always looking at them when I go shopping. I've never noticed that one before, and that's why I ask.

I wonder if that's available at regular grocery stores, or do you have to get it at a specialty shop or online or something? I love spices and I'm always looking at them when I go shopping. I've never noticed that one before, and that's why I ask.

I can find it at my local market, but I live in a foodie area.

You can get it on Amazon, too.

This is so yummy:

1 lb ground lamb
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Ras Al Hanout
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp tabasco sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon

Directions:

Yogurt Sauce:

1 cup plain yogurt
3 green onions, minced
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp rice wine vinegar

Directions:

This sounds absolutely delicious!

I've had veal and it is amazing, but I have not eaten it in decades and never would again. Horrible the way they are raised.

Forum List

Back