Anyone Else Irked When They Voted Today?

keepitreal

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2016
Chiraq
So, a couple things irked me when I cast my vote today.

I already had my state Id in hand, as I walked in to cast my vote.
As I went to hand it to the girl, she told me...
"oh, you don't need an Id", and handed me a sheet of paper,

I had to print my full name and address, then sign it.
So, I asked her..." How do you know this is me?"
"Because I'll check this signature to the one on file", she said.

So, I asked her to show me...she clicked on my name
and my signature appeared on the laptop she was using.

Yeah, they matched but, I was still irritated nonetheless.
If the person checking signatures is dishonest what's the point?
But, then the same is true if they did require an id...
So, I guess it really doesn't matter.

This bugged me too...
There were 4 people, all female...The 2 girls checking signatures
were hispanic and looked like they were in high school.
Handing out the ballots was an older African American lady, that was fine.
The girl collecting completed ballots was Hispanic and looked 17-18 too.

All 4, IMO, should have been older adults,
1 should've been a man, 1 should've been white,
Black, white, Hispanic and a man seems balanced to me.

Well, just waiting for polls to close like everyone else.

Anyone else irked when they voted today?

We sign a log book that already has our signature upside down so the person can add number count and view signature. Some states run well others not so well. Democratic states work.

Repost:
Still time? What state and district are you in? And which party is in control? In Philly it is quite easy, clerks even know your name, sign in, of course Philly is democratic run so it adheres to the great American value, the ability to vote easily. We were in and out in ten minutes. Even had stickers in Spanish, He votado hoy - I voted today.

A little confusing in the polling place because the layout was different than it had been for the previous ten years. This time there were more "booths" and a couple of desks to accommodate those who have trouble standing for long periods or might be in wheelchairs. There were multiple check-in lines, broken out alphabetically but the markings were not clear. There were more workers than usual. All this in anticipation of a big turnout which actually did materialize. The new plan worked well and there were no delays. Amazing since this election coincided with state and local contests plus a slew of "issues". Even moving right along, with foreknowledge of how I'd vote, it took about six minutes to mark the ballot. About twice the time it usually takes when the ballots are of normal length. Paper ballots-no Soros-rigged machines!

Last edited:
I saw something funny today, and it made me scratch my head all at the same time... Most voting stations were at schools or government buildings yes. They have a huge A - framed sign that say's VOTE HERE, yes.... But when I passed by this one place, there were about 4 to 5 people at the entrance sitting in lawn chairs as if they were placed there to either wave people in or to make sure if someone didn't know where the place was to vote (i.e.couldn't read), then they would jump up with lawn chair wrapped around their leg, and break out into a run to make sure that the person they think is an idiot, can get into the facility to vote. It was funny as (hilarious) I thought.

Here we are in the 21st century and Virginia went back to paper ballots in which the choice is blacked out in a little rectangular box and the paper ballot is fed into a machine (shredder?) where the ballots are electronically tabulated. You get a green light when the process is completed but not a conformation of who you voted for.

Sounds like you woke up pissed off and just looking for any excuse to be irritated.
No, didn't wake up pissed off but, like I always say...
Better to be pissed off then pissed on.

Shoo, before someone drops a house on you

Sounds like you woke up pissed off and just looking for any excuse to be irritated.
No, didn't wake up pissed off but, like I always say...
Better to be pissed off then pissed on.

Shoo, before someone drops a house on you

You went to the polls with a Trump sized chip in your shoulder looking for anything to be annoyed by.

Here we are in the 21st century and Virginia went back to paper ballots in which the choice is blacked out in a little rectangular box and the paper ballot is fed into a machine (shredder?) where the ballots are electronically tabulated. You get a green light when the process is completed but not a conformation of who you voted for.
Shredder...ROFLMAO, that's too funny!

Same here, green light after the ballot is fed into the machine,
but, no confirmation who you voted for.

I put my ballots into the machine myself.

Over here you give them your name and ID. They hand the signature book to you and you sign your name right next to the signature they have on file. I would think that anybody that's pretty good at duplicating signatures can just look at the signature right next to where you sign, and sign pretty close to the same way.

When did poll workers become signature experts anyway? I always though they were people not working, retirees, or housewives just looking to pickup an extra couple of bucks.

I was irked because it took me an hour and 30 minutes to vote at 7am. Had I waited until after 1pm it would have taken me 10 minutes.

Over here you give them your name and ID. They hand the signature book to you and you sign your name right next to the signature they have on file. I would think that anybody that's pretty good at duplicating signatures can just look at the signature right next to where you sign, and sign pretty close to the same way.

When did poll workers become signature experts anyway? I always though they were people not working, retirees, or housewives just looking to pickup an extra couple of bucks.
Yeah but, at least there's an id to look at.

Exactly, when did poll workers become signature experts.
Seriously, these girls were still in high school,...
young girls are easily manipulated and easily intimidated.

They should have been passing out the ballots,
not checking signatures for inconsistencies!

So, a couple things irked me when I cast my vote today.

I already had my state Id in hand, as I walked in to cast my vote.
As I went to hand it to the girl, she told me...
"oh, you don't need an Id", and handed me a sheet of paper,

I had to print my full name and address, then sign it.
So, I asked her..." How do you know this is me?"
"Because I'll check this signature to the one on file", she said.

So, I asked her to show me...she clicked on my name
and my signature appeared on the laptop she was using.

Yeah, they matched but, I was still irritated nonetheless.
If the person checking signatures is dishonest what's the point?
But, then the same is true if they did require an id...
So, I guess it really doesn't matter.

This bugged me too...
There were 4 people, all female...The 2 girls checking signatures
were hispanic and looked like they were in high school.
Handing out the ballots was an older African American lady, that was fine.
The girl collecting completed ballots was Hispanic and looked 17-18 too.

All 4, IMO, should have been older adults,
1 should've been a man, 1 should've been white,
Black, white, Hispanic and a man seems balanced to me.

Well, just waiting for polls to close like everyone else.

Anyone else irked when they voted today?

Go live in another country, troll.

Yeah but, at least there's an id to look at.

Exactly, when did poll workers become signature experts.
Seriously, these girls were still in high school,...
young girls are easily manipulated and easily intimidated.

They should have been passing out the ballots,
not checking signatures for inconsistencies!

We have our problems too. You can use a utility bill to prove your identity. Of course, I can use my own utility bill, put it in my computer, and manipulate it so it has my neighbors name and address then print a new one out.

We also have vote by mail which I'm totally against. I believe if you don't have the fortitude to stand in line and vote in person, you probably don't care about voting all that much in the first place.

We also have vote by mail which I'm totally against. I believe if you don't have the fortitude to stand in line and vote in person, you probably don't care about voting all that much in the first place.
I hear ya but, there are legitimate reasons for voting by mail.

What about the elderly or shut ins,
how bout people who are hospitalized or in nursing homes.
What about over the road truckers, flight attendants, pilots,
railroaders, and military personnel

Not everyone who votes by mail
is too inconvenienced to cast their vote in person.

My, my, my, Clinton HQ sure looks somber

Florida went to Trump 122 - 109

Forum List

Back