Anyone else get emails after they cancelled Netflix?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It's been about 2 or 3 months since I cancelled. I did so after I read about the creep movie they made (I think I posted about it on here), the one Texas was going after them for due to it basically being creepy and possibly illegal exploitation.

Anyways, the sick puppies have been hitting me with quite a few emails to get me and my insignificant payment back in their revenue column. Any of you get bombarded from these freaks so soon after you cancelled?

Seems rather desperate for such a massive, global high subscription company. I understand retention and all, but I expected an email in 6 months or something, not month after month since I left.

It's been about 2 or 3 months since I cancelled. I did so after I read about the creep movie they made (I think I posted about it on here), the one Texas was going after them for due to it basically being creepy and possibly illegal exploitation.

Anyways, the sick puppies have been hitting me with quite a few emails to get me and my insignificant payment back in their revenue column. Any of you get bombarded from these freaks so soon after you cancelled?

Seems rather desperate for such a massive, global high subscription company. I understand retention and all, but I expected an email in 6 months or something, not month after month since I left.

Sounds like when I cancelled the Houston Chronicle after 40 years.
They hounded the shit out of me and it took multiple calls to get em to stop sending the paper.
I told em I'm not paying for a paper when the only part worth reading was the sports and the comics.

All these companies are a rip off. I used to have Dish satellite and every two years something would break and they'd come out and fix it. Several years ago the service went completely out and they wanted to charge me $95 to pay for them to come out and fix their own gear for the pleasure of having working gear so they could bill me for a programming package, even if they just jiggled a wire and had it fixed in 5 minutes!

So I was finally forced to cancel the service, they were still trying to bill me for the programming even after I no longer could receive it! Then I told them to come out and get their gear and take it all. They REFUSED and insisted that I remove it, uninstall it, box it up (they sent me a box) and send it to them!

About every six months they send me a bill of several hundred dollars to pay them what they want for the broken receiver I can't use they refuse to take. :smoke:

A number of years ago I designed and built a HDD archive which I recorded about 1500 of the best movies, specials, features and sitcoms on, built a database and a way to tie it into my TV and interface with it. Between that and other media, any time I want, I can press a few buttons and access any of the programming and watch it at will. My own private Netflix.

These days, I just have an OTA DVR and get about 40 channels now for free. And honestly, the programming is better than what I used to pay $50 to $250 a month for.

Forum List

Back