Anybody watching the storm?

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
I headed north yesterday, thinking Lufkin would be far enough away for the major damage to be done before it got this far, but I don't think I went far enough. They say it will be near a category 5 storm when it hits, and will likely cause major damage all the way to Shreveport. For better or worse, I'll stay here through the night and depending on whether the electricity is still on and stores are open, I might relocate. Where are you, and what are you experiencing?

Where are you, and what are you experiencing?

Honolulu...
88 degrees...
Mostly sunny with slight chance of Mauka showers...

Just a little jocularity before the arrival of Laura... I rode out Katrina 35 miles northeast of landfall... I was 15 to 18 miles above the coast due north of Gulfport... I was my first Hurricane ever... I left 2 days after the storm and seen damage as far as 40 to 50 miles... Electricity was sporadic for 100 to 150 miles north...
Interesting experience for sure and if I hadn't had my invalid father with me I would have probably stayed around a little longer... maybe :dunno: ...

We're having a sunstorm here. 81 degrees and 72% humidity.

sunstorm.jpg

Where are you, and what are you experiencing?

Honolulu...
88 degrees...
Mostly sunny with slight chance of Mauka showers...

Just a little jocularity before the arrival of Laura... I rode out Katrina 35 miles northeast of landfall... I was 15 to 18 miles above the coast due north of Gulfport... I was my first Hurricane ever... I left 2 days after the storm and seen damage as far as 40 to 50 miles... Electricity was sporadic for 100 to 150 miles north...
Interesting experience for sure and if I hadn't had my invalid father with me I would have probably stayed around a little longer... maybe :dunno: ...

I'm not ashamed to say hurricanes scare me.

We are here in sunny South FL. Glad it missed us...

You do know ... this hurricane was caused by BLM & the Democrats!
No ... it was “global warming”!
No ... it was the Chicoms!
No ...

Seriously, I really hope you and yours get through this safely, BULLDOG .

Watching it on and off. I live on the periphery of this beast. No rain here yet, but we should be seeing strong winds and rain in a few hours. Heart goes out to the poor bastards in its more direct path. :omg:

Home safe and sound. Electricity works, no flooding, a few limbs, about the size of my thumb in the yard. Looks like I was just outside of it's path. Sucks to be those folks in Louisiana.

Forum List

Back