Any Cormac McCarthy Fans Here?

"Nobody wants to be here and nobody wants to leave." Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Just finished 'Blood Meridian' and found the ending ambiguous, in reading a bit of other comments, which I never do until I finish something, I found others bemused too. I may start 'Outer Dark' but once I start a McCarthy book I neglect other reading. His vocabulary and portrait of what can only be named the evil in men or life, given the circumstances if done by a lesser writer would be depressing, but somehow some other something comes through. I should leave punctuation out as he does. Just a flow words and images.

"Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that.
You forget some things, dont you?
Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget." Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Songs were inspired by Blood Meridian.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nobody wants to be here and nobody wants to leave." Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Just finished 'Blood Meridian' and found the ending ambiguous, in reading a bit of other comments, which I never do until I finish something, I found others bemused too. I may start 'Outer Dark' but once I start a McCarthy book I neglect other reading. His vocabulary and portrait of what can only be named the evil in men or life, given the circumstances if done by a lesser writer would be depressing, but somehow some other something comes through. I should leave punctuation out as he does. Just a flow words and images.

"Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that.
You forget some things, dont you?
Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget." Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Songs were inspired by Blood Meridian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuJzivuF1o

My take on it is that the Kid killed him. The fantasy dance is obviously not realism, but a mocking, spiritual end of the Judge.

McCarthy is like an Old Testament prophet. His righteousness is white hot.

I am heartened that America's best writer came along during my life time. Talk about a voice in the wilderness.

Are the songs your work?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back