Any benefits gained from studying evolution or creationism?

R

rdean

The Incas believed the Sun God touched an ear of corn and the first people popped into existence. Is that a viable theory? Will some see it as logical and reasonable as creationism with exactly the same amount of evidence? If not, why not?

You can go to many Universities and there are literally dozens of courses on evolution. The evolution of the lymphatic system. The evolution of organs. The list is endless. And the knowledge from those courses is actually used in medicine.

Understanding Evolution

Misconceptions about evolution

Introduction to Genetics and Evolution

Check this out:

Creationism Misconceptions

Misconceptions creation gospel

So how is this "knowledge" useful? If both theories are equal, then why can't we get equally useful knowledge from both?

Still waiting for someone, anyone to give us some of that "knowledge".

Are there schools where creationism is taught?

They're called "Bible Schools". Some public schools, but they end up in court.

Yeah, I don't recall learning about Creationism when I was in school. Now the only thing I know about it is what I've attempted to read on my own. I know there was a push for Creationism to be taught in Texas school but I believe that never came to fruition.

I'd rather we focus on Math and real Science not pretend Science or Science dressed up (Creationism). Outside of specific classes on Evolution I'm not sure how much Evolution is covered in our public schools. I'm sure its mentioned but I doubt it some sort of indonctrination type course that the religous should be scared of.

Last edited:
Both should be studied, one in science class, the other in liberal arts.

Are there schools where creationism is taught?

They're called "Bible Schools". Some public schools, but they end up in court.

Yeah, I don't recall learning about Creationism when I was in school. Now the only thing I know about it is what I've attempted to read on my own. I know there was a push for Creationism to be taught in Texas school but I believe that never came to fruition.

I'd rather we focus on Math and real Science not pretend Science or Science dressed up (Creationism). Outside of specific classes on Evolution I'm not sure how much Evolution is covered in our public schools. I'm sure its mentioned but I doubt it some sort of indonctrination type course that the religous should be scared of.

Rick Perry says both are taught in public schools in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:

I never wanted my kids taught mystical nonsense. Let's keep magical creation out of public schools all together. Bible School is fine.

I never wanted my kids taught mystical nonsense. Let's keep magical creation out of public schools all together. Bible School is fine.

You have the right to either home school, private school, or exempt them from liberal arts creation classes.

You have no more right to impose your atheism than others do their religiosity.

Percentage of Republicans who believe in evolution is shrinking - CSMonitor.com

A Pew study finds that the percentage of Republicans who believe that Darwin's theory of evolution is correct has dropped 11 percent in about five years.

Less than five years ago, 54 percent of Republicans and nearly two-thirds of Democrats said the human species evolved over time. Today, however, the share of Republicans adhering to modern theories of human evolution has dropped significantly – to 43 percent

----------------------------------------------

Doesn't this fit right in with "six percent of scientists are Republican"?

You have the right to either home school, private school, or exempt them from liberal arts creation classes.

You have no more right to impose your atheism than others do their religiosity.

In a "normal" school, religion would never even come up. Why should it? What's the benefit? Have you seen any of those "invisible beings"? If not, why teach children they are there?

And?

It is the right of folks to be ignorant.

I think they should train thier spawn to be SUPER DOOPER IGNORANT so when they grow up and are old enough to vote they make SUPER IGNORANT choices...which is thier GAAWWWDD given right !!!!

Well, it would sure make it easier for the children of liberals to get jobs. Especially with the lack of competition.

Science makes faith more difficult. One of the reasons Christians attack science is because a Christian's job is to spread the Word,

and if science makes the Word more difficult to believe, it makes the spreading of it more difficult.

The attacks on Evolution by Creationists are also based on a false dilemma of sorts, i.e.,

anything that takes away from the theory of Evolution in any way bolsters the so-called theory of Creation.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

popped from corn or slithered out of the water and started breathing air instead of water.

yea, ones crazy and the other doesn't make sense

That's stupid. Everyone knows all creatures were "shimmered" into being by a wizard looking old white guy sprinkling magical "pixiefairy" dust on a pile of mud. At least I hope it was mud. It was mud, wasn't it? Oh, where did the mud come from?

Science makes faith more difficult. One of the reasons Christians attack science is because a Christian's job is to spread the Word,

and if science makes the Word more difficult to believe, it makes the spreading of it more difficult.

The attacks on Evolution by Creationists are also based on a false dilemma of sorts, i.e.,

anything that takes away from the theory of Evolution in any way bolsters the so-called theory of Creation.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Faith makes science more difficult. One of the reasons liberals attack faith is because a liberals job is to spread the hate,

and if faith makes the hate more difficult to believe, it makes the spreading of it more difficult.

The attacks on faith by liberals are also based on a false dilemma of sorts, i.e.,

and so on and so forth

and fyi; evolution is a theory with as much proof and corn popping.

Is right wing "science", like magical creation, peer reviewed?

Forum List

Back