Anti Body Cocktail Given To Trump Is Controversial, But Not Only Because It Is Still Under Trial

There are virtually NO production line drugs made from embryonic human stem cell.. Primarily used to accelerate research... Newer techniques allow fair amounts of stem cells to be separated from human blood and you do not NEED many stem cells to do research..

And by definition -- stem cells are stem cells -- if they are human..

Regeneron carefully worded their statement to say they MOSTLY used mouse embryonic stem cells and human blood stem cells. That's not the same as ONLY those cells, now, is it? Regeneron is not a production line drug.

So -- it's not GOING to mass manufacturing RELYING on human embryonic cells.. It's only in Phase 2.. There's never been a critical drug therapy that made it market RELYING on EMBRYONIC human stem cells.. That whole circus ended about 2005 or so...

If you didn't post bullshit to start with, you wouldn't have to go back and try to reword it.

I haven't change a thing.. I'm arguing with folks that don't know the history of Human embryonic stem usage.. Name me a mass distribution drug that IS NOT customized that RELIES on Human embryonic stem cells solely or even in part.. There are none.. It's that damn simple.

There are virtually NO production line drugs made from embryonic human stem cell.. Primarily used to accelerate research... Newer techniques allow fair amounts of stem cells to be separated from human blood and you do not NEED many stem cells to do research..

Regeneron carefully worded their statement to say they MOSTLY used mouse embryonic stem cells and human blood stem cells. That's not the same as ONLY those cells, now, is it? Regeneron is not a production line drug.

So -- it's not GOING to mass manufacturing RELYING on human embryonic cells.. It's only in Phase 2.. There's never been a critical drug therapy that made it market RELYING on EMBRYONIC human stem cells.. That whole circus ended about 2005 or so...

If you didn't post bullshit to start with, you wouldn't have to go back and try to reword it.

I haven't change a thing.. I'm arguing with folks that don't know the history of Human embryonic stem usage.. Name me a mass distribution drug that IS NOT customized that RELIES on Human embryonic stem cells solely or even in part.. There are none.. It's that damn simple.

We aren't talking about a mass distribution drug. We're talking about the drug cocktail that Trump is taking. Quit trying to change the subject.

We aren't talking about a mass distribution drug. We're talking about the drug cocktail that Trump is taking. Quit trying to change the subject.

This IS the subject. I'm ON the subject.. I SAID Regeneron is still in trials.. I SAID that no human embryo stem cells need to be used in the MASS production.. HOWEVER -- what some folks call "wiggly statement" from Regeneron is actually just being totally honest. You cannot use mice or rats to produce the effective therapy without finding RARE SMALL amounts of the ORIGINAL human embryonic stem cell as "contaminants".. These are NOT propagated human embryonic stem cells..

This IS the subject. I'm ON the subject.. I SAID Regeneron is still in trials.. I SAID that no human embryo stem cells need to be used in the MASS production.. HOWEVER -- what some folks call "wiggly statement" from Regeneron is actually just being totally honest. You cannot use mice or rats to produce the effective therapy without finding RARE SMALL amounts of the ORIGINAL human embryonic stem cell as "contaminants".. These are NOT propagated human embryonic stem cells..

How does a rat get human cells? Are you saying they just don't wash their glassware good enough? The drugs that Trump receives have human stem cells in them.

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump was given an array of drugs to treat his Covid-19 symptoms. These included remdesivir, steroid dexamethasone, and an experimental cocktail of antibodies by biotech major Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

While remdesivir and dexamethasone have been known to be used for mild and severe cases of Covid, the eight grams of experimental cocktail Trump was given generated controversy — partly because it is still under trial, but also because it uses a method of research that has stirred Trump’s voter base in the past: embryonic stem cell research.

In a statement on the research in April, the company said: “Regeneron uses a wide variety of research tools and technologies to help discover and develop new therapeutics. Stem cells are one such tool.” It added that there are “limited research efforts employing…human embryonic stem cells.”

Trump has repeatedly identified himself as pro-life, a belief that nothing should harm life once it has been conceived. This is in line with the conservatives, who are often anti-abortion because of their Christian beliefs and make up a chunk of the Republican vote. In 2019, Trump even clamped down on the use of fetal tissue in scientific research.

In March this year, the Washington Post reported that a scientist was forced to abandon his research into a coronavirus treatment because of Trump’s fetal tissue laws.

‘The beginnings of life and the ends of science’

Embryonic stem cell research involves using cells at the embryo stage, when the human egg has been fertilized by sperm. The fertilized egg is referred to as an embryo till the 9th week, after which it is called a fetus.

Embryonic stem cells are sought after in scientific research because they can develop into all cell types of the body. While embryonic cells from abortions are commonly used, Regeneron clarified that it uses embryos that have been “created solely through in vitro fertilization”.

In 2001, the George Bush administration restricted federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. Bush, a conservative and Christian, said at the time, “At its core, this issue forces us to confront fundamental questions about the beginnings of life and the ends of science.”

This was changed only after Barack Obama came to power in 2008.

A cocktail of controversy

After Trump took the Oval Office in 2016, a ban or restriction on the use of embryonic and fetal tissue research was always on the cards. In 2019, the government officially imposed restrictions on the federal funding of research requiring fetal tissue.

According to the new rules, scientists must detail why exactly they require fetal tissue and how it will be obtained.

In its statement, Regeneron said it uses embryonic cells that are “approved for research use by the National Institutes of Health” and “adheres to federal and state laws and regulations”.

The cocktail given to Trump includes a mix of two potent antibodies directed against a spike protein found on the novel coronavirus’ surface. The therapy is still under trial. Regeneron released preliminary results last month saying it was safe, reduces viral load, and eases symptoms.

While recovering this week, Trump put out a spate of Tweets about the therapy. One of them said, “PRO LIFE! VOTE!”.

But Twitter users were quick to point out the hypocrisy.

Yea, what does superman need with antibodies anyway?

How does a rat get human cells? Are you saying they just don't wash their glassware good enough? The drugs that Trump receives have human stem cells in them.

The drug that Trump receives does NOT have fully formed embryonic stem cells in it.. Since ya don't GET THAT -- it's useless to explain to you how rats gets minute particulate debris of human stem cells in them..

The drug that Trump receives does NOT have fully formed embryonic stem cells in it.. Since ya don't GET THAT -- it's useless to explain to you how rats gets minute particulate debris of human stem cells in them..

You're running in circles. When an embryonic stem cell is fully formed, it's no longer a stem cell. It has differentiated into it's final form. You're trying to double talk your way out of your dumb remark.

Y’all are fixating on stem cells, but the finished product, REGN-COV2, prevents mutations in the spike protein of COVID-19. We don’t know just how many grasp the gravity of this fact. This renders the natural reservoir of COVID-19 (redundant [italics]).

Y’all are fixating on stem cells, but the finished product, REGN-COV2, prevents mutations in the spike protein of COVID-19. We don’t know just how many grasp the gravity of this fact. This renders the natural reservoir of COVID-19 (redundant [italics]).

Actually, right wing crazies are fixated on stem cells. Many could be saved from suffering and dying, but the stupid anti-abortion types seem to associate stem cell research with abortions for hire. When that idiot president is bragging about using medicine that contains stem cells, it is worthwhile to note that fact.

“This particular discovery program (REGN-COV2) did not involve human stem cells or ESCs.”
(Alexandra Bowie, Regeneron)

There's a lot of disturbing and secretive stuff going on behind the scenes that no one is talking about and no one seems to be aware of. It times like this that I'm glad I don't live in the US, there's no way in hell I will be taking any "experimental drug treatment" or future vaccine distributed by the military.

We salute the science that has produced COVID-19 treatments such as REGN-COV2 and Lilly’s LY-COV555. What this will eventually mean is that any other viruses that pop up in nature can be made redundant.

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump was given an array of drugs to treat his Covid-19 symptoms. These included remdesivir, steroid dexamethasone, and an experimental cocktail of antibodies by biotech major Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.

While remdesivir and dexamethasone have been known to be used for mild and severe cases of Covid, the eight grams of experimental cocktail Trump was given generated controversy — partly because it is still under trial, but also because it uses a method of research that has stirred Trump’s voter base in the past: embryonic stem cell research.

In a statement on the research in April, the company said: “Regeneron uses a wide variety of research tools and technologies to help discover and develop new therapeutics. Stem cells are one such tool.” It added that there are “limited research efforts employing…human embryonic stem cells.”

Trump has repeatedly identified himself as pro-life, a belief that nothing should harm life once it has been conceived. This is in line with the conservatives, who are often anti-abortion because of their Christian beliefs and make up a chunk of the Republican vote. In 2019, Trump even clamped down on the use of fetal tissue in scientific research.

In March this year, the Washington Post reported that a scientist was forced to abandon his research into a coronavirus treatment because of Trump’s fetal tissue laws.

‘The beginnings of life and the ends of science’

Embryonic stem cell research involves using cells at the embryo stage, when the human egg has been fertilized by sperm. The fertilized egg is referred to as an embryo till the 9th week, after which it is called a fetus.

Embryonic stem cells are sought after in scientific research because they can develop into all cell types of the body. While embryonic cells from abortions are commonly used, Regeneron clarified that it uses embryos that have been “created solely through in vitro fertilization”.

In 2001, the George Bush administration restricted federal funding for embryonic stem cell research. Bush, a conservative and Christian, said at the time, “At its core, this issue forces us to confront fundamental questions about the beginnings of life and the ends of science.”

This was changed only after Barack Obama came to power in 2008.

A cocktail of controversy

After Trump took the Oval Office in 2016, a ban or restriction on the use of embryonic and fetal tissue research was always on the cards. In 2019, the government officially imposed restrictions on the federal funding of research requiring fetal tissue.

According to the new rules, scientists must detail why exactly they require fetal tissue and how it will be obtained.

In its statement, Regeneron said it uses embryonic cells that are “approved for research use by the National Institutes of Health” and “adheres to federal and state laws and regulations”.

The cocktail given to Trump includes a mix of two potent antibodies directed against a spike protein found on the novel coronavirus’ surface. The therapy is still under trial. Regeneron released preliminary results last month saying it was safe, reduces viral load, and eases symptoms.

While recovering this week, Trump put out a spate of Tweets about the therapy. One of them said, “PRO LIFE! VOTE!”.

But Twitter users were quick to point out the hypocrisy.

Yup..the original cell line started from an aborted fetus. Way back when stem cell research began.

The hypocrisy of the Right and Rush Limbaugh today. Rush has condemned the crap out of stem cell science. Today he celebrates it because Trump was given the science. Un fn real.

1602295975172.png

lol moron doesn't know how DNA works and that the reason mice are used in medical research is that they share some 90% of human DNA with us.

Forum List

Back