another view other than Costas'

How did a modern army handle Afghanistan in the 80's?
How did a modern army deal with Vietnam?
You can kill the fighting spirit of a man when he is fighting for what he believes in.

Wolverines!

Your hunters would be demolished by a modern Army. Gun owners may have fantasies of fighting commies and killing invading hordes. What wins battles is training, tactics, communications, intelligence and most importantly....logistics

A bunch of redneck hunters have none of it.

A bunch of red neck hunters?
KEEP DREAMING.

Are they trained? Do they have a command and control system? communications? Do they have modern military weapons?

Bet your ass they are just a bunch of red neck hunters

Wolverines!

Your hunters would be demolished by a modern Army. Gun owners may have fantasies of fighting commies and killing invading hordes. What wins battles is training, tactics, communications, intelligence and most importantly....logistics

A bunch of redneck hunters have none of it.

KEEP DREAMING.

Are they trained? Do they have a command and control system? communications? Do they have modern military weapons?

Yes I and my group are proficient
I have police training and I was trained at camp bullis by army special forces in the 80's and continued training while in Germany

KEEP DREAMING.

I have police training and I was trained at camp bullis by army special forces in the 80's and continued training while in Germany

Fantasy camp..

You have no knowledge of your enemy and their tactics and capabilities. You lack a logistics backbone. You have no command and control or protected communications. You are just a bunch of old, overweight gun nuts playing Army.

Fantasy camp..

You have no knowledge of your enemy and their tactics and capabilities. You lack a logistics backbone. You have no command and control or protected communications. You are just a bunch of old, overweight gun nuts playing Army.
You have no knowledge of your enemy and their tactics and capabilities.
You don't know my contacts.

You lack a logistics backbone.
You can't be serious country folk live off the land they know their area like the back of thier hand.

You have no command and control or protected communications.
Close nit groups don't talk to strangers unless it to give false information. that's how country folk do it. word of mouth something the government doesn't have. All it takes is one person to get the word out and within 30 minutes we are ready.

Fantasy camp..

You lack a logistics backbone.
You can't be serious country folk live off the land they know their area like the back of thier hand.

Close nit groups don't talk to strangers unless it to give false information. that's how country folk do it. word of mouth something the government doesn't have. All it takes is one person to get the word out and within 30 minutes we are ready.

Beverly Hillbillies fighting a modern Army

Keep dreaming

Still waiting for the "Costas" connection ... ?

??

The thread title. Has yet to be explained.

Btw I think we all know by now you wonder "whether Independentlogic knows he typed this". Enough already.

Costas was recently critical of the ‘gun culture’ in America, arguing that it may be responsible for incidents of gun violence.

The OP seems to be attempting to defend the ‘gun culture,’ with the naïve and idiotic notion that out of shape hunters with bolt action rifles can stand toe to toe with a modern army.

As already noted, it’s a pathetic Red Dawn fantasy.

‘A rifle behind every blade of grass’ may have been a deterrent to foreign invasion prior to the age of modern warfare, but that’s clearly not the case today.

Fantasy camp..

Beverly Hillbillies fighting a modern Army

Keep dreaming

You are so very funny when you try to be serious.

Btw I think we all know by now you wonder "whether Independentlogic knows he typed this". Enough already.

Costas was recently critical of the ‘gun culture’ in America, arguing that it may be responsible for incidents of gun violence.

The OP seems to be attempting to defend the ‘gun culture,’ with the naïve and idiotic notion that out of shape hunters with bolt action rifles can stand toe to toe with a modern army.

‘A rifle behind every blade of grass’ may have been a deterrent to foreign invasion prior to the age of modern warfare, but that’s clearly not the case today.

Our gun culture kept us from being invaded in world war two. and it has more than likely as Chuck said kept us from being invaded at all.

You don't know what kind of shape we're in so that's an uneducated assumption, and AK-47's and AR-15's do not equal bolt action rifles. Ah, the beauty of an unfettered 2nd Amendment.

And it seems to work for the Afghanis...

Our gun culture kept us from being invaded in world war two. and it has more than likely as Chuck said kept us from being invaded at all.

Neither Japan nor Germany had the capability to invade us in WWII.

Keep dreaming

Keep dreaming

OH really? With Japan it had nothing to do with fearing America's military because if they did fear America's military they never would have attacked pearl. One hit on America's mainland and you break the fighting spirit of America at least that was the opinion of the japanese emperor

Keep dreaming

OH really? With Japan it had nothing to do with fearing America's military because if they did fear America's military they never would have attacked pearl. One hit on America's mainland and you break the fighting spirit of America at least that was the opinion of the japanese emperor

Japan lacked the capability to invade Pearl Harbor

Why? Logistics

They could not have sustained an invasion force. They never had a capability to support an invasion force in Mainland US

It's a view on guns "OTHER" than Costas' as the title reads, Is that so hard to understand ?

It is, since Bob Costas' commentary had nothing whatsoever to do with hunting or with armed citizenry. So one of these is not like the other. I can only assume you were trying to conflate apples and oranges to produce a false premise, unless of course there's an element I missed. That's what I'm waiting for.:eusa_whistle:

Obviously a statement like this:
... is mindless unless the errant writer apparently thinks the flintlock on his shelf is the same thing as the armaments of the US military (which is why it begat the very appropriate Beverly Hillbillies analogy). So that one's out.

The OP went into an elaborate portrait of the hunter population that somehow morphed itself into either some imaginary international mob bent on removing those hunters' tools, or a wistful look back at an 18th century ragtag army of American freedom fighters; wheras Costas made a social commentary on current 2012 cultural values. I'm just scratching my head as to how you connected the dots from the first two to the third. Let alone the first two with each other.

For a thread related to guns, that's ...aimless. Kind of a firearms version of the Nixon Checkers Speech.

Keep dreaming

Why? Logistics

They could not have sustained an invasion force. They never had a capability to support an invasion force in Mainland US

Yet they attacked pearl they stroke fast. The attack had nothing to do with sustain an invasion break the spirit with a quick hit and then you can come in for the kill with a sustain invasion

Why? Logistics

Yet they attacked pearl they stroke fast. The attack had nothing to do with sustain an invasion break the spirit with a quick hit and then you can come in for the kill with a sustain invasion

Pearl Harbor was an attack on the US Fleet not a precursor to an invasion. Yamamoto lacked the invasion craft and knew he could not support an invasion force once it landed

Forum List

Back