ANOTHER Soldier Goes AWOL

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Sheesh. Will it never end?

A Feel-Good D-Day Story [OregonMuse]
Ace of Spades HQ

So Bernard Jordan, a British D-Day veteran, now a resident of a nursing home on the south coast of England, wanted to attend the commemoration ceremonies in Normandy, but was forbidden by the nursing home staff to do so. I don't know, maybe they thought he was too old and frail to make the trip, or something.

So Jordan did what any other captured and imprisoned soldier would do.

He made a break for it:

Bernard Jordan, 89, sneaked out of the home on England's south coast on Thursday after being told by staff he could not make the trip to Normandy. Donning his war medals, the Royal Navy veteran joined his former comrades on a coach and then a ferry to travel to France.

And hilarity ensued.

The plucky veteran even took time to get his picture taken with the crew of the ferry and the "Candy Girls," performers who were on board this week to entertain veterans with music of the 1940's.

Look at that great photo accompanying the article. I'm making him an honorary moron and awarding him a year of free AoSHQ Premium content.

God bless him.

One more while I'm on a role....

Feel Ashamed …

At age 93, Jim “PeeWee” Martin is more squared away and awesome than any of you libturds will ever be at even one quarter of his age.

10352782_10152187827443581_8724834758618007292_n-386x450.jpg

This is Jim dressed in all his gear he jumped with 70 years ago on D-Day.

Read more about Jim and how he repeated his D-Day parachute jump yesterday.

Ace of Spades HQ

So Bernard Jordan, a British D-Day veteran, now a resident of a nursing home on the south coast of England, wanted to attend the commemoration ceremonies in Normandy, but was forbidden by the nursing home staff to do so. I don't know, maybe they thought he was too old and frail to make the trip, or something.

He made a break for it:

Bernard Jordan, 89, sneaked out of the home on England's south coast on Thursday after being told by staff he could not make the trip to Normandy. Donning his war medals, the Royal Navy veteran joined his former comrades on a coach and then a ferry to travel to France.

And hilarity ensued.

The plucky veteran even took time to get his picture taken with the crew of the ferry and the "Candy Girls," performers who were on board this week to entertain veterans with music of the 1940's.

Look at that great photo accompanying the article. I'm making him an honorary moron and awarding him a year of free AoSHQ Premium content.

God bless him.

Feel Ashamed …

At age 93, Jim “PeeWee” Martin is more squared away and awesome than any of you libturds will ever be at even one quarter of his age.

Cool thread. I heard about this a couple hours ago. :lol:

When the ceremony was over, I made my way through the arrays of marble crosses to the stage and to the man in the blue hat who had taken Obama’s hand.

His name, it turns out, is Irving Smolens, and he was only 19 when he took part in the Normandy landing. Afterward he spent much of his life as a buyer of women’s and children’s clothing in Massachusetts, leading a quiet, peaceful life with his family.

“What did you say to Obama?” I asked him.

“I thanked him for keeping us out of war,” said Smolens.

What the D-Day Veteran Told Obama at the 70th Anniversary Commemoration - The Daily Beast

Ace of Spades HQ

He made a break for it:

And hilarity ensued.

God bless him.

Feel Ashamed …

He could kick the shit out of every delegate to the Democratic National Convention

Forum List

Back