Another shitty chain restaurant seeks free advertising by being douchebags

ButthurtCEOs.png
[/IMG]​

John Metz Denny's Obamacare Surcharge Stirs Big Mess For Restaurant Chain

Don't expect to hear more about an Obamacare surcharge from Denny's franchisee John Metz.

Denny's chief executive John Miller privately reached out to Metz to express his "disappointment" with the Florida franchisee's controversial statements about Obamacare, which sparked a wave of backlash for the national restaurant chain over the past few days. Metz released a statement Monday night expressing "regret" over his statements.

"We recognize his right to speak on issues, but registered our disappointment that his comments have been interpreted as the company’s position," Miller said in an email to The Huffington Post.

Miller is rushing to put out the fire sparked by Metz's controversial proposal to charge restaurant customers a 5 percent Obamacare fee. "Customers have two choices: They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server," Metz told HuffPost in an interview last week.

Some Denny's franchisees have since dealt with angry customers, calls for a boycott and declining sales. A spokeswoman for Metz said he will not conduct more interviews.
<more>

Don't expect to hear more about an Obamacare surcharge from Denny's franchisee John Metz.

Denny's chief executive John Miller privately reached out to Metz to express his "disappointment" with the Florida franchisee's controversial statements about Obamacare, which sparked a wave of backlash for the national restaurant chain over the past few days. Metz released a statement Monday night expressing "regret" over his statements.

"We recognize his right to speak on issues, but registered our disappointment that his comments have been interpreted as the company’s position," Miller said in an email to The Huffington Post.

Miller is rushing to put out the fire sparked by Metz's controversial proposal to charge restaurant customers a 5 percent Obamacare fee. "Customers have two choices: They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server," Metz told HuffPost in an interview last week.

Some Denny's franchisees have since dealt with angry customers, calls for a boycott and declining sales. A spokeswoman for Metz said he will not conduct more interviews.
<more>

I owe you rep

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Who up in this piece said that'd never happen?

<more>

I owe you rep

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Who up in this piece said that'd never happen?
The message has gotten out. It's purpose has been served. This is just the first challenge in what will prove to be a very long list of challenges to Obamacare.
Dig in. Here's your shovel.
Business will find a way to get around this costly and ridiculous legislation.. It's a job killer.
Oh, you and the other "Labor is God" liberals have yet to answer to the 220 or so unions that have demanded exceptions to not participate in Obamacare.

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Metz is the franchisor of Hurricane Grill & Wings, which has 48 locations, five of which are corporate owned, and president and owner of RREMC Restaurants, which runs approximately 40 Denny's and several Dairy Queen locations. He planned to use the 5 percent surcharge tactic in all his restaurants starting in January 2014, when Obamacare is fully implemented.

John Metz (a job provider) must be destroyed... It is the Liberal way.

John Metz, Denny's Franchisee And Hurricane Grill & Wings Owner, Imposes Surcharge For Obamacare

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

Metz is the franchisor of Hurricane Grill & Wings, which has 48 locations, five of which are corporate owned, and president and owner of RREMC Restaurants, which runs approximately 40 Denny's and several Dairy Queen locations. He planned to use the 5 percent surcharge tactic in all his restaurants starting in January 2014, when Obamacare is fully implemented.

John Metz (a job provider) must be destroyed... It is the Liberal way.
Looks like the franchise owner ordered Metz to stop it, and he did.
Also, Domino's owner now embraces ObamaCare.

Metz made his point. If you think this is going to stop, you are not paying attention.
Oh, I am, as are the businessmen above who found opposing Obamacare was ruining their business.

That is a guess on your part. And in no way does it represent the truth.
You can keep up your hopes for more free shit though.

Metz made his point. If you think this is going to stop, you are not paying attention.
Oh, I am, as are the businessmen above who found opposing Obamacare was ruining their business.

CAre to explain why over 200 unions and several large companies have requested waivers from Obamacare?
No. You will not.

CAre to explain why over 200 unions and several large companies have requested waivers from Obamacare?
No. You will not.
Can you provide a link for the 200 unions who requested wavers from ObamaCare?

No. You will not.

They didn't request "waivers from Obamacare." They asked for more time to comply with the provision of the law that phases out annual limits in insurance plans; they have until 2014 to prepare.

Forum List

Back