Another shitty chain restaurant seeks free advertising by being douchebags

Oh, I am, as are the businessmen above who found opposing Obamacare was ruining their business.

CAre to explain why over 200 unions and several large companies have requested waivers from Obamacare?
No. You will not.
Can you provide a link for the 200 unions who requested wavers from ObamaCare?

Here is a list of a few, http://cciio.cms.gov/resources/files/Files2/01062012/nonTaftHartleyUnion_01062012.pdf

And these are mostly unions on this list,

http://cciio.cms.gov/resources/files/Files2/01062012/MultiEmployer_01062012.pdf

His 200 counts seems a little low at this point.

Last edited:
Can you provide a link for the 200 unions who requested wavers from ObamaCare?

Where did he go? lol :lol:
Just another bullshitter.

Over Half of All Obamacare Waivers Given to Union Members | The Weekly Standard
http://cciio.cms.gov/resources/files/Files2/01062012/nonTaftHartleyUnion_01062012.pdf
FactCheck.org : Health Care Law Waivers
Labor unions primary recipients of Obamacare waivers | The Daily Caller
To be fair, I am often skeptical of biased sources whether they be liberal or consrvative.
That is the purpose of providing multiple links.
Bullshitter? Please.
These organizations have for the most part received one year waivers with the option of extensions which appear indefinite.
We shall see.
The bottom line is unions are owed a great deal of thanks from this administration for their unwavering and near lockstep support on election day as well as the flood of dollars taken from union dues and poured into Obama campaign coffers.
The waivers are simply payback.
On the other hand, imagine the anger and vitriol from union members if they suddenly find themselves at the mercy of Obamacare, with it's high costs and lower levels of available care. Union people have gotten used to virtually free lifetime medical care at the expense of others. They won't give up without a fight.
Union people more than likely believe they are entitled to free medical care. As long as someone else is footing the bill, no worries.

These organizations have for the most part received one year waivers with the option of extensions which appear indefinite.
We shall see.

Concluding the Annual Limit Waiver Process | CCIIO:

The waiver authority does not cover plan years (or policy years in the individual market) beginning on or after January 1, 2014, when no annual dollar limits are permitted, except in the case of grandfathered individual market policies.
CCIIO will begin accepting elections for Waiver Extensions on June 24, 2011. The deadline for receipt of Waiver Extension forms is September 22, 2011. Elections for a Waiver Extension received after September 22, 2011 will not be accepted. Plans or issuers that do not elect a Waiver Extension will be required to come into compliance with section 2711 of the PHS Act and the IFR

Under this guidance, an applicant may elect to extend an existing waiver until January 1, 2014. A Waiver Extension applies only to plan years (or policy year in the individual market) beginning on or after September 23, 2011 but before January 1, 2014. For plan years (policy years in the individual market) beginning on or after January 1, 2014 all group health plans and new individual policies may not impose any annual dollar limits on essential health benefits.

Oh, I am, as are the businessmen above who found opposing Obamacare was ruining their business.

CAre to explain why over 200 unions and several large companies have requested waivers from Obamacare?
No. You will not.

They didn't request "waivers from Obamacare." They asked for more time to comply with the provision of the law that phases out annual limits in insurance plans; they have until 2014 to prepare.

In the links, the word "waiver" appears enough times to make it obvious to even the most intellectually vacuous individual

So, to reiterate, the annual limit waivers are:

1. NOT blanket waivers from the provisions of the ACA but rather from a single paragraph of it that begins the process of eliminating annual benefit limits in health plans between the ACA's passage and 2014
  2. NOT available for an unlimited period of time but, by law and by regulation, only give plans until 2014 to comply with the elimination of annual limits; the window for renewing the waivers up tot eh 2014 deadline closed over a year ago.
  3. NOT aimed at unions, as 92% of all applications were accepted, with the single largest group of successful applicants being self-insured businesses
  4. NOT influenced by political considerations, as the GAO audit of the process confirmed CCIIO's description of the determination process, which was based on projected premium impacts of phasing out the annual limits too quickly

The crocodile tears and handwringing from the far right obscures the fact that this has been a successful effort to leverage flexibility built into the law to the maximum extent possible to minimize disruption for folks in vulnerable health plans.

So, to reiterate, the annual limit waivers are:

1. NOT blanket waivers from the provisions of the ACA but rather from a single paragraph of it that begins the process of eliminating annual benefit limits in health plans between the ACA's passage and 2014
  2. NOT available for an unlimited period of time but, by law and by regulation, only give plans until 2014 to comply with the elimination of annual limits; the window for renewing the waivers up tot eh 2014 deadline closed over a year ago.
  3. NOT aimed at unions, as 92% of all applications were accepted, with the single largest group of successful applicants being self-insured businesses
  4. NOT influenced by political considerations, as the GAO audit of the process confirmed CCIIO's description of the determination process, which was based on projected premium impacts of phasing out the annual limits too quickly

The crocodile tears and handwringing from the far right obscures the fact that this has been a successful effort to leverage flexibility built into the law to the maximum extent possible to minimize disruption for folks in vulnerable health plans.
These unions are requesting and getting waivers. That's a fact. They want to keep their Cadillac insurance plans.
The rest of us get more expensive insurance and lower quality rationed care.

It's is so fucking funny how the liberal idiot dumbocrat is truly shocked when they "learn" that costs get passed on to the consumer. The fact that they expect businesses to lose money or take a loss and make less money would be comical if it wasn't so tragic... It's more glaring evidence of their extraordinary ignorance with regards to economics.

Well....they can shove their breakfasts up their asses....Grand Slam style.

I usually eat locally when we go out anyway. We have a dozen Mom and Pops that serve better food thank Denny's ever will. Same with upper echelon restaurants.....Won't see me at Applebee's or Olive Garden anymore either.

Beer? we have one of the top ten brew pubs in the country about 25 minutes away....the only problem is that it's 25 minutes back home too. Coffee shops? same thing.

I'm so sick of corporate assholes running this country. They can't afford to absorb $.05/plate....or $.14/ pizza? Such bullshit, such ridiculous greed.

And you're right about the free advertising. They're thinking they are going to become the next Chick-fil-a and all these teabaggers are going to flood their restaurants and then not tip the people busting their asses to support their families.....the sad thing is.....they are probably right.

Well, the U.S. is so sick of liberal assholes like you crying like little bitches about corporations from the sideline. Why don't you get your lazy, stupid, pathetic ass in the game and start your own business? Then you can be the great charity you think all of these businesses should be!

Oh, that's right, you're too fuck'n lazy. So much easier to cry like a little bitch while doing nothing...

These unions are requesting and getting waivers. That's a fact. They want to keep their Cadillac insurance plans.
The rest of us get more expensive insurance and lower quality rationed care.

These provisions aren't for Cadillac plans. Cadillac plans don't have annual benefit limits and thus don't need any special dispensation. The annual limit waivers are for shitty plans.

Are you following what's happening here?

I usually eat locally when we go out anyway. We have a dozen Mom and Pops that serve better food thank Denny's ever will. Same with upper echelon restaurants.....Won't see me at Applebee's or Olive Garden anymore either.

Beer? we have one of the top ten brew pubs in the country about 25 minutes away....the only problem is that it's 25 minutes back home too. Coffee shops? same thing.

I'm so sick of corporate assholes running this country. They can't afford to absorb $.05/plate....or $.14/ pizza? Such bullshit, such ridiculous greed.

And you're right about the free advertising. They're thinking they are going to become the next Chick-fil-a and all these teabaggers are going to flood their restaurants and then not tip the people busting their asses to support their families.....the sad thing is.....they are probably right.

Well, the U.S. is so sick of liberal assholes like you crying like little bitches about corporations from the sideline. Why don't you get your lazy, stupid, pathetic ass in the game and start your own business? Then you can be the great charity you think all of these businesses should be!

Oh, that's right, you're too fuck'n lazy. So much easier to cry like a little bitch while doing nothing...

i expect president romney will address this in his inaugural speech.

Dick

Dick

i believe it's willard, actually.

Forum List

Back