Another School District Encouraging Their Teachers Not to Reveal Gender Identity to Parents

Why should schools get involved in this? They don't narc on who students are dating, what they're wearing etc.
Leave schools out of it. If Timmy wants to wear dress and go by Tee thats up to Timmy. They don't report when Maria wears pants. If the parents don't know then thats on them.

Alternatively, they shouldn't be actively hiding it either. If they are afraid there's a threat to the student they should be reporting the parents for abuse following normal procedures.

I just don't see why schools are being dragged into it either way.

Why should schools get involved in this? They don't narc on who students are dating, what they're wearing etc.
Leave schools out of it. If Timmy wants to wear dress and go by Tee thats up to Timmy. They don't report when Maria wears pants. If the parents don't know then thats on them.

Alternatively, they shouldn't be actively hiding it either. If they are afraid there's a threat to the student they should be reporting the parents for abuse following normal procedures.

Not only should the schools not be dragged into it, but the whole thing is all about fear and paranoia of mainly Christians understanding that their god isn't in control.

PoliticalChic's new thread rant makes that abundantly clear and so denial of threats is their only escape

Why isn't the law getting involved with this?

This penis bra & panties/gender identity fixation with the statist left looks like it's playing out to be a FRONT for getting parental authority subjugated to either or both special interest/g'ment control. I have never known a statist left agenda that came straight in & to the point, rather the statist left agendas ALWAYS come in on an ANGLE(deflection from the real goal) with plenty of smoke & mirrors to diffuse their real agenda. Taking out the unions affiliated with public education would be an excellent starting point in my opinion, in regards to ending this problem with the bogus agendas the statist left dishonestly foists upon parents of school children.

Why should schools get involved in this?
Exactly.^^^^^

It's just another way for FJB, the disabled young woman who won't get a job, to claim SOMETHING nefarious about public schools.

Is the church reporting home to parents?
Heck NO, the church is into abusing and indoctrinating students, way more than public or private schools.

If the school is assisting the child in any way, such as counseling or drugs the parents have a right to know

If the school is assisting the child in any way, such as counseling or drugs the parents have a right to know
Fair points there. I am not aware of any school that can prescribe drugs for anything outside maybe a motrin from the nurse though.

I'll take flimsy rationalizations for $1000 Alex....

This isn't dating or the kid putting on makeup on the bus.....

It could be a sign of other mental issues or severe peer pressure being applied to the child.

I'll take flimsy rationalizations for $1000 Alex....

This isn't dating or the kid putting on makeup on the bus.....

It could be a sign of other mental issues or severe peer pressure being applied to the child.
Then the parent should be aware enough to take the child to counseling or whatever they view the situation to warrant.
As Mac-7 said they should be entitled to know the child has requested counseling. but if the child hasn't, unless they are doing something illegal or creating a disciplinary issue in school that impacts other students, then it should not be an issue for the school. Leave the school out of it.

Now I'll go with you on the flipside of that too. The school should stay out of it when it comes to the kids. No homegrown analysis by Counselor Bob of anything, except signs of abuse as warranted by law, etc.

I should note I don't understand anything about school counselors except for career guidance counselors, whom I ignored. Things have either changed or they just didn't have those in my school (or I didn't know).

Fair points there. I am not aware of any school that can prescribe drugs for anything outside maybe a motrin from the nurse though.

Schools cannot give ANY medication to children, none, not even OTC meds. We give band-aids and ice, that's it. Even OTC meds must have a dr note and be kept in the office if we are going to give them.

That said, older students often carry OTC meds on their person and take them--not much you can do about that, if they're not caught, I guess.

If a student's family has paperwork on file with the school nurse, they can be given medication. OTC or prescription. Some students HAVE TO take certain medications at certain times of the day

Insulin being the most common example probably.

Can you clarify?

I needed to be more clear probably in my post. Schools CAN and DO give medications--IF they have a dr note AND the parents bring them. In that case, students report to the school nurse or office to get their medication. Schools cannot just "prescribe" or dole out medication. Not even OTC medication. Beyond that, we are not even allowed to make medication recommendations in issues like ADHD, etc.

So it's incomprehensible to me that teachers think, yeah, I can't give out recs on ADHD medicine, but let me tell these kids and their families all about hormone therapy....

It's just more of the crazy obsession Leftists have about sex. If it's sexual, all rules out the window.

Why isn't the law getting involved with this?

Schools should not be involved in gender identity of any kind other than teaching manners that can vary between the genders and protecting the girls from voyeur boys by designating separate restrooms for each gender. If the parents present their transgender child and insist the school recognize it as whatever gender, maybe a small unisex restroom can be designated for those.

If a student's gender identity is creating a problem for the student or the school, certainly the teacher should be able to advise the parents of that. Otherwise ignore the whole thing and teach basic necessary subjects the kids need to be educated and leave all government entities out of social engineering of any kind.

I'm getting really sick and tired of all of society being required to accommodate and change their behavior, language, policy to adapt to accommodate a tiny fraction. Certainly require all to be kind and considerate to everybody, but why shouldn't a tiny fraction be required to adapt to fit in with the whole?

Forum List

Back