Another obama lie. "Cop-killer" AR-15 bullets he wants to ban have caused ZERO cop deaths

The very name of the Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act indicates the whole issue was about "cop killer" ammo.

Yet no green tip ammo has killed any cops, even though it has been legal all this time.

The claim this is about protecting cops is bogus.

Now that we have TWO (thanks Rabbi) photos of the AR-15 "handgun", the silliness of the green tip ammo ban to save the lives of cops becomes more readily apparent.

Yep, basically any hunting rifle ammunition is capable of piercing soft body armor, this round has been exempted for 30 years with no real problems. Just another maobama solution in search of a problem.
The issue is the plethora of AR pistols out there.
No, a ban wont do anything. But that isnt how ATF operates. Their rules say any pistol ammo that is armor piercing is banned. This ammo is now available as pistol ammo, and it is armor piercing, so it must be banned. They really dont have a choice here.

As with any bureaucracy there is always a choice. Armor piercing ammo has been baned for a long time, the ATF waived that for this round, there is no reason that waiver can't be continued. Using your logic all 223 ammo can pierce soft body armor and since they will fit this so called handgun, should they all be baned? The 223 handgun is nothing but a modified rifle with no butt stock, it's more of a hybrid than it is a pistol.
No, that is incorrect.
Armor piercing ammo has not been banned. Only armor piercing ammo for pistol rounds. The .223 was a rifle round. Until people started chambering pistols in the round.
The standard FMJ is not classed as armor piercing. True, it will do more damage than the 62gr green tip stuff. But that isnt what makes it armor piercing.
ATF classified the AR pistol as a pistol. There is no hybrid classificatin under the law.

OK, I guess you know more than the various experts who have appeared on the different news programs, so who am I to argue.

apparently Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act passed in 86 was effective. No cops have been killed with greentips ...
What a crock of shit, the ammo has been out there the whole time.
Siete can only lie.
She hates herself for it, but it's her choice.

apparently Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act passed in 86 was effective. No cops have been killed with greentips ...

see how effective it is ? 0 cops killed ... now, that's effective :lmao::lmao:

I forgot, dipshit RW's don't have a sense of humor ... my bad

Now that we have TWO (thanks Rabbi) photos of the AR-15 "handgun", the silliness of the green tip ammo ban to save the lives of cops becomes more readily apparent.

Yep, basically any hunting rifle ammunition is capable of piercing soft body armor, this round has been exempted for 30 years with no real problems. Just another maobama solution in search of a problem.
The issue is the plethora of AR pistols out there.
No, a ban wont do anything. But that isnt how ATF operates. Their rules say any pistol ammo that is armor piercing is banned. This ammo is now available as pistol ammo, and it is armor piercing, so it must be banned. They really dont have a choice here.

As with any bureaucracy there is always a choice. Armor piercing ammo has been baned for a long time, the ATF waived that for this round, there is no reason that waiver can't be continued. Using your logic all 223 ammo can pierce soft body armor and since they will fit this so called handgun, should they all be baned? The 223 handgun is nothing but a modified rifle with no butt stock, it's more of a hybrid than it is a pistol.
No, that is incorrect.
Armor piercing ammo has not been banned. Only armor piercing ammo for pistol rounds. The .223 was a rifle round. Until people started chambering pistols in the round.
The standard FMJ is not classed as armor piercing. True, it will do more damage than the 62gr green tip stuff. But that isnt what makes it armor piercing.
ATF classified the AR pistol as a pistol. There is no hybrid classificatin under the law.

OK, I guess you know more than the various experts who have appeared on the different news programs, so who am I to argue.
I am an FFL and have been for some years. Go search for the ATF statement on this. I didnt just make it up. News program experts are morons. You ought to know that.

They havent been nearly as common as they are now.
The ban has nothing to do with saving cops' lives. Even ATF doesnt pretend it does. ATF is following the law here. They have a point, strictly speaking. That it wont save lives, or do anything constructive is irrelevant.

Nothing has changed. The exemption for sporting purpose still applies. The BATFE is simply following orders from their boss to harass legal gun owners.

They havent been nearly as common as they are now.
The ban has nothing to do with saving cops' lives. Even ATF doesnt pretend it does. ATF is following the law here. They have a point, strictly speaking. That it wont save lives, or do anything constructive is irrelevant.

Nothing has changed. The exemption for sporting purpose still applies. The BATFE is simply following orders from their boss to harass legal gun owners.
I actually havent seen any evidence of it. Not that it isnt possible, of course. But they are consistent and their reasoning is compelling, given the parameters they oeprate in.

Pretty much of a stretch to call any AR or AK a pistol but, they do it.

images

Yep, that's not a handgun. You can take the stock off of ANY rifle, but they remain rifles.

I actually havent seen any evidence of it. Not that it isnt possible, of course. But they are consistent and their reasoning is compelling, given the parameters they oeprate in.

They are consistent with Obama's desire to revoke civil rights. Obama attempted to outlaw "scary plastic guns" and failed. So he directed the BATFE to outlaw the most common and cheapest ammunition instead. Green tip has been exempted from the 86' for 30 years, BATFE changing the status is a politically motivated assault on civil rights.

Pretty much of a stretch to call any AR or AK a pistol but, they do it.

images

Yep, that's not a handgun. You can take the stock off of ANY rifle, but they remain rifles.
Wrong. The GCa gives a definition of handgun. And that meets the definition. If you take the stock off a rifle you have a rifle without a stock. It still isnt a handgun.

The picture is a rifle without a stock - nothing more or less.

The AR-15 handgun has been around since the early 90s.

The green tip ammo has been around even longer.

No one can show that in all that time the AR-15 handgun and its "cop killer" ammo (Appeal to Emotion Fallacy) has been used to actually kill a cop.

Thus it is demonstrated that this ban is not about saving the lives of cops.

If it is not really about saving the lives of cops, then it logically follows there is a different motive at work.

Armor-piercing handgun ammunition has been banned since 1986 as a way to protect police officers under the federal Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act.

how old was Obama in 86?

And what about civilian lives?

Forum List

Back