Another illegal gun seller caught the old fashioned way...a tip.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So....licensing all gun owners would not have caught this guy....

Registering all guns would not have caught this guy....

Universal Background checks would not have stopped this guy....since he was already willing to break the law....

What caught this guy...a tip....like all other crimes....good police work...and a tip.....

Ohio man arrested for selling guns without license

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was tipped off to Cassinger in September 2014 by Spanish authorities who informed agents that they intercepted 11 guns on their way to Beirut.

Wow......not one reason to license gun owners to catch this guy...or register guns....or have universal background checks....

and guess what.....they sent in an undercover cop to buy from him....just like I have suggested is the real way to stop gun criminals........

According to federal law, a person who profits through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms must have a license to do so.

However, Cassinger continued with the transactions, so the ATF issued him a formal warning in January. In the Unlicensed Dealing Warning Letter, the ATF explicitly stated that “continued activity without the required license could result in a recommendation for criminal prosecution.”

About a month later, the ATF flagged Cassinger in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System so agents were notified whenever he initiated a transaction. According to the complaint, agents think he bought 24 additional firearms since they issued the warning letter, but it’s unclear exactly how many since the NICS systems tallies background checks rather than guns purchased. The ATF found an estimated 300 transactions total.

According to financial records reviewed by the ATF, Cassinger spent more than $72,000 on firearms at one store from May 2012 to February 2015, and from November 2012 to the end of 2014, he had made cash deposits totaling $12,543. However, the complaint does not estimate how much total revenue he generated from gun sales.

Starting in September, Cassinger became the subject of an undercover operation and through the end of October, agents met with him on multiple occasions and executed numerous buys. After each transaction, agents would trace the firearms to find out where they originated and they learned had been continuing the process he was warned about.

Hmmm...then there is this....

According to federal law, a person who profits through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms must have a license to do so.

So...for you anti gun extremist types....what this shows is that we already have federal laws on the books to deal with illegal gun sellers....

To repeat....what this shows is that we already have laws on the books to deal with illegal gun sellers....

Get it.....probably not....

Last edited:
If more gun owners were proactive, more of these people would be caught. Too often the attitude is "none of my business...not my problem...the guy's my brother-in-law, what am I supposed to do?"

If more gun owners were proactive, more of these people would be caught. Too often the attitude is "none of my business...not my problem...the guy's my brother-in-law, what am I supposed to do?"

And besides from pulling that out of your ass...how do you think any of that is true?

A "War on Guns" will have the same result as the "War on Drugs" and the "War on Poverty."

Dude, yho uare so wrong. Most gun owners I know, myself included, urge fellow gun owners to obey the law.

I will not sell to anyone without seeing an ID and verifying that they are who they say they are.

A "War on Guns" will have the same result as the "War on Drugs" and the "War on Poverty."
Yeah, we will have three times as many guns per person in ten years, and gun ownership will be socially mandatory in twenty.

Forum List

Back