Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

Well I am certainly no expert on concealed carry guns though I have fired a few. I would say all guns should have a safety. I guess if many of them don't then well that is the problem.
http://www.homedefenseweapons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Ruger-LC9-Controls1.jpg

Having the safety on would also work...

Hmmmm...still thinking you aren't familiar with too many modern pistols...the only one I can think of off hand that has a manual "safety" would be the m&p shield...and they just released the same model but without the small external safety....

safeties,these days are in the trigger...or in a back strap like the Springfield lines....

they are passive so in the stress of an actual fight you won't screw up....

are you aware of the fact that for 100 years most police and other citizens carried revolvers and revolvers have no manual safeties on them?

And they have quite a pull when they aren't cocked.

Well I am certainly no expert on concealed carry guns though I have fired a few. I would say all guns should have a safety. I guess if many of them don't then well that is the problem.
http://www.homedefenseweapons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Ruger-LC9-Controls1.jpg

Having the safety on would also work...

Hmmmm...still thinking you aren't familiar with too many modern pistols...the only one I can think of off hand that has a manual "safety" would be the m&p shield...and they just released the same model but without the small external safety....

safeties,these days are in the trigger...or in a back strap like the Springfield lines....

they are passive so in the stress of an actual fight you won't screw up....

are you aware of the fact that for 100 years most police and other citizens carried revolvers and revolvers have no manual safeties on them?

Actually they do...it is likely a toggle inset in the trigger...you have to depress the toggle,as,you pull the trigger or it won't fire....and it isn't just concealed,carry size weapons...

and so you know...I've only recently gotten back into guns...since Illinois passed concealed,carry and I have been catching up with the modern guns....aim have an old Ruger p90 .45, that actually has an old style, manual safety feature...

you should learn more about guns...they would become more like tools and less threatening...but still requiring respect when used....

And they have quite a pull when they aren't cocked.

true, which is the case with many double action/single action pistols (Beretta 92, Walther PPK, Sig 220-229 series)

with those you de-cock the hammer and the double action trigger pull is around 10=12 pounds

some small guns like the KAHR or the SW Bodyguard 380 are DOUBLE ACTION ONLY for the same reason

glocks and the SW MP are advertised as double action since when you pull the trigger the first bit of travel actually cocks the striker but they aren't true double actions-you have to rack the slide to fire if the first trigger pull doesn't detonate the primer

Doesn't the Bersa Thunder also have a manual safety?

You would need to look that up...I can't say..it never came up as a top ten concealed,carry gun in my searches....

Knowledge is one of the keys to gun safety...and vigilance...staying aware of the fact that you are carrying a gun and what it requires,to be safe,with it...

I have shot guns since a young age. I think if they are used properly and respected there shouldn't be so many accidental shootings. I don't own newer guns, but I am not a big fan of cleaning so I rent a lot. I think the LC9 and Bersa thunder are the two carry guns I have tried so it's funny they both have a manual safety. As you mentioned it appears many do not.

Actually they do...it is likely a toggle inset in the trigger...you have to depress the toggle,as,you pull the trigger or it won't fire....and it isn't just concealed,carry size weapons...

and so you know...I've only recently gotten back into guns...since Illinois passed concealed,carry and I have been catching up with the modern guns....aim have an old Ruger p90 .45, that actually has an old style, manual safety feature...

you should learn more about guns...they would become more like tools and less threatening...but still requiring respect when used....

I think too many people think carrying a gun makes them safe and don't understand everything required to be safe with it. Maybe too many people didn't grow up with guns and have their dad teach them how dangerous they can be.

Knowledge is one of the keys to gun safety...and vigilance...staying aware of the fact that you are carrying a gun and what it requires,to be safe,with it...

You think I post all the accidental shootings to get guns banned. I really hope it is a reminder to everyone with a gun that they are very dangerous. I hope it will remind people to be safe. Now as I mentioned there are things that I think should be done, but none of them will take guns away from anyone other than criminals.

I can find you a very long list of news articles with young children finding a gun and somebody getting shot.

Defense in the vast majority of case is only 2 shots.
Analysis of Five Years of Armed Encounters With Data Tables

Only people emptying a hi cap magazine are mass shooters and criminals. As mentioned before mass shooters have been stopped at reload, why do you want them to fire more before reloading?

Well we can't really track where criminals are getting guns unless they are registered. So if we are going to try to keep guns from criminals they need to be registered.

Limiting magazine capacity will save lives. Several mass shooters have been stopped when they reload. I would prefer they fire fewer times before needing to reload.

Criminals buy guns all the time through private sales, skipping background checks. Even mass shooters.
Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn t A Problem Blog Media Matters for America

Requiring a safe for storage would save countless children's lives.

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns.

Please. Please, tell me how any of the above actually stops crime or mass shooters...over and over again,it has been pointed out that criminals use,guns without background checks, registering their weapons and not carrying about magazine capacity....ditto a for public mass shooters....

Other than sounding good in the minds of anti gunners....what do your ideas actually do?

stop lying. Most children "killed by guns" are those engaged in criminal activity. anti gun assholes call youths up to age 25 as "children"

why should honest citizens have less rounds available to them than criminals? only a MORON believes that someone who already has an ILLEGAL GUN is going to obey a magazine limit

You are rather stupid "brain"

you clearly are just spewing the talking points of gun haters who tailor their message to dullards

So if you have only recently been able to concealed carry, how is it you have survived? I mean from many of your posts I'd think anyone without a gun at all times should be in the grave. Yet somehow you survived? Shocking.

Hey, the 500,000-3 million lives saved and crimes stopped is from obama's CDC and just happens to fall in line with about 14-15 other studies on defensive gun use....

Now as I mentioned there are things that I think should be done, but none of them will take guns away from anyone other than criminals.

Actually, of the three main things you mentioned...not one would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and would penalize people who don't use guns for crime...

Only people emptying a hi cap magazine are mass shooters and criminals. As mentioned before mass shooters have been stopped at reload, why do you want them to fire more before reloading?

Well, criminals and mass shooters will get standard capacity magazines if they want them...they will get them illegally, just like they can get guns when they want them...

If someone isn't a criminal...who cares how many bullets they have in their pistol...since they aren't going to abuse them in the first place? And are you psychic...do you know how many bullets someone will need....

There was a woman with two children who had a man break into her house...she fired 6 rounds...the first missed the next 5 hit and he was still ambulatory...luckily for her he had had enough and fled the scene...what if he had had one or more partners...6 shots would not have been enough...what if they had guns and a sustained gun fight took place...more than 6 rounds may be needed...what if she was wounded in the initial fighting...should she have to try to reload, wounded, when her small motor functions are compromised and she may mess up the reload simply because you put an arbitrary limit on how many bullets she should have in her gun....all because criminals might put a lot of bullets in their gun....which they will do any way...because they are criminals and will get standard capacity magazines if they want them?

What about an isolated rancher in Texas or Arizona...who might encounter members of drug cartels crossing their land...you know...the guys obama sold actual military rifles to...and he has to hold out for 30 minutes to an hour or longer before any help is even close to helping him...do you think he might want more than 5 rounds in his rifle or pistol?

Who are you or anyone else to say how many rounds a legal, law abiding citizen can have in their constitutionally protected weapon?

Studies show 2 shots in the vast majority of cases, and I know you love studies.

The case you mention she could have let the guy know she was home and armed and he would have left. He clearly staked out the place thinking nobody was home. He was unarmed and did not want to get shot.

Btw please post an example of that happening with rancher.

Well, criminals and mass shooters will get standard capacity magazines if they want them...they will get them illegally, just like they can get guns when they want them...

If someone isn't a criminal...who cares how many bullets they have in their pistol...since they aren't going to abuse them in the first place? And are you psychic...do you know how many bullets someone will need....

There was a woman with two children who had a man break into her house...she fired 6 rounds...the first missed the next 5 hit and he was still ambulatory...luckily for her he had had enough and fled the scene...what if he had had one or more partners...6 shots would not have been enough...what if they had guns and a sustained gun fight took place...more than 6 rounds may be needed...what if she was wounded in the initial fighting...should she have to try to reload, wounded, when her small motor functions are compromised and she may mess up the reload simply because you put an arbitrary limit on how many bullets she should have in her gun....all because criminals might put a lot of bullets in their gun....which they will do any way...because they are criminals and will get standard capacity magazines if they want them?

What about an isolated rancher in Texas or Arizona...who might encounter members of drug cartels crossing their land...you know...the guys obama sold actual military rifles to...and he has to hold out for 30 minutes to an hour or longer before any help is even close to helping him...do you think he might want more than 5 rounds in his rifle or pistol?

Who are you or anyone else to say how many rounds a legal, law abiding citizen can have in their constitutionally protected weapon?

Last edited:
So guns are designed to go off when some idiot drops it? Sounds like the gun companies should be looking at a lot of lawsuits.

Are you sure you actually own guns....modern pistols have drop blocks that keep them from firing when dropped...you know that...right?

No, brainiac is a liar and knows very little to nothing about firearms. He/she is a parrot who repeats what it's masters tell it to.

Btw please post an example of that happening with rancher.

There have been shootings down there...if I can find one I'll post it....but even if it hasn't happened yet it isn't unimaginable that it can happen...the cartels are running drugs and illegals across the border, more often than not across the property of the ranchers down there...and they are armed with military grade rifles...so any rancher could find themselves in a situation where a full magazine will save their lives...

Forum List

Back