Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

That's funny I was repeating bill.

So guns are designed to go off when some idiot drops it? Sounds like the gun companies should be looking at a lot of lawsuits.

Are you sure you actually own guns....modern pistols have drop blocks that keep them from firing when dropped...you know that...right?

No, brainiac is a liar and knows very little to nothing about firearms. He/she is a parrot who repeats what it's masters tell it to.

Yes let's worry about fantasy occurances. I guess you need it when aliens from outer space attack too.

Btw please post an example of that happening with rancher.

There have been shootings down there...if I can find one I'll post it....but even if it hasn't happened yet it isn't unimaginable that it can happen...the cartels are running drugs and illegals across the border, more often than not across the property of the ranchers down there...and they are armed with military grade rifles...so any rancher could find themselves in a situation where a full magazine will save their lives...

Illegal Immigrant Suspected in Murder of Arizona Rancher Fox News

At around 11 p.m., a state police helicopter found Krentz slumped over his ATV, the engine and lights still on. Nearby, his dog lay critically wounded, also hit by a bullet. The dog was put down Sunday morning and will be cremated, its ashes spread on the property along with Krentz's.
Tracker dogs have now followed the tracks of the killer back into Mexico, some 15 miles south.
Police have several scenarios of what might have occurred.

One, a drug cartel scout. The Chirachua mountains in southeast Arizona are 11,000 feet tall, rugged and remote. It is a popular drug corridor and the killer may have been clearing the way for a load of drugs moving north when Krentz surprised him.

Two, the suspect belonged to a band of thieves terrorizing the remote ranches spattered around the area — an idea supported by other ranchers.

The odd part, according to local land owners, is that the killer was apparently alone. Illegal immigrants crossing the border usually hire coyotes to help them pass and travel in groups or 5, 10, 20 or more.

So is it really unimaginable that a lone rancher might need more than 6 bullets to survive...

And again...who are you to tell any law abiding citizen that they can't have the magazines they want or need...simply because you don't like specific types of magazines....?

I can find you a very long list of news articles with young children finding a gun and somebody getting shot.

Defense in the vast majority of case is only 2 shots.
Analysis of Five Years of Armed Encounters With Data Tables

Only people emptying a hi cap magazine are mass shooters and criminals. As mentioned before mass shooters have been stopped at reload, why do you want them to fire more before reloading?

Well we can't really track where criminals are getting guns unless they are registered. So if we are going to try to keep guns from criminals they need to be registered.

Limiting magazine capacity will save lives. Several mass shooters have been stopped when they reload. I would prefer they fire fewer times before needing to reload.

Criminals buy guns all the time through private sales, skipping background checks. Even mass shooters.
Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn t A Problem Blog Media Matters for America

Requiring a safe for storage would save countless children's lives.

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns.

Please. Please, tell me how any of the above actually stops crime or mass shooters...over and over again,it has been pointed out that criminals use,guns without background checks, registering their weapons and not carrying about magazine capacity....ditto a for public mass shooters....

Other than sounding good in the minds of anti gunners....what do your ideas actually do?

stop lying. Most children "killed by guns" are those engaged in criminal activity. anti gun assholes call youths up to age 25 as "children"

why should honest citizens have less rounds available to them than criminals? only a MORON believes that someone who already has an ILLEGAL GUN is going to obey a magazine limit

You are rather stupid "brain"

you clearly are just spewing the talking points of gun haters who tailor their message to dullards

IF civilian police authorities have determined that 15-17 round pistols and 30 round rifle magazines are the best tools for cops to protect themselves in a civilian environment from criminals then such weapons are also the most suitable for the rest of us

Yes let's worry about fantasy occurances. I guess you need it when aliens from outer space attack too.

They aren't fantasy occurrences, they have happened in the past and they will happen in the future and I won't be the guy who says the victim has to die because he can't have a regular magazine filled with the ammo he needs....I guess you are....

The woman who lived in the house didn’t answer, and when the man began furiously pressing the doorbell, she called her husband, who called 911. The woman, whose name authorities are withholding, then got a .38-caliber revolver she kept in the house and gathered her young twins and hid with them in a closet inside the house.

Had she yelled I am home and armed get off my property, he would have left. He was unarmed and clearly checking if anyone was home. By not responding he hoped nobody was home.

The guy knew she had the gun and kept coming...she shot him in the face and neck 5 times....

Whttp://Georgia mom shoots home intruder in the face five times with a .38-caliber revolver - NY Daily News

A home invasion in Georgia last week ended with the hapless intruder getting shot five times in the face by a frightened mother holed up in the closet with her 9-year-old twins.

You are not arresting criminals.

I can find you a very long list of news articles with young children finding a gun and somebody getting shot.

Defense in the vast majority of case is only 2 shots.
Analysis of Five Years of Armed Encounters With Data Tables

Only people emptying a hi cap magazine are mass shooters and criminals. As mentioned before mass shooters have been stopped at reload, why do you want them to fire more before reloading?

Well we can't really track where criminals are getting guns unless they are registered. So if we are going to try to keep guns from criminals they need to be registered.

Limiting magazine capacity will save lives. Several mass shooters have been stopped when they reload. I would prefer they fire fewer times before needing to reload.

Criminals buy guns all the time through private sales, skipping background checks. Even mass shooters.
Wisconsin Mass Shooter Exploited Background Check Loophole That NRA Says Isn t A Problem Blog Media Matters for America

Requiring a safe for storage would save countless children's lives.

I think we need guns to be registered. I think we should have limits on magazine capacity. I think every gun sale should require a background check. And I really think we need more laws that will lead to safe handling of guns.

Please. Please, tell me how any of the above actually stops crime or mass shooters...over and over again,it has been pointed out that criminals use,guns without background checks, registering their weapons and not carrying about magazine capacity....ditto a for public mass shooters....

Other than sounding good in the minds of anti gunners....what do your ideas actually do?

stop lying. Most children "killed by guns" are those engaged in criminal activity. anti gun assholes call youths up to age 25 as "children"

why should honest citizens have less rounds available to them than criminals? only a MORON believes that someone who already has an ILLEGAL GUN is going to obey a magazine limit

You are rather stupid "brain"

you clearly are just spewing the talking points of gun haters who tailor their message to dullards

IF civilian police authorities have determined that 15-17 round pistols and 30 round rifle magazines are the best tools for cops to protect themselves in a civilian environment from criminals then such weapons are also the most suitable for the rest of us

Prove it.

I guess you are the guy who wants the mass shooter to kill that many more people.

They aren't fantasy occurrences, they have happened in the past and they will happen in the future and I won't be the guy who says the victim has to die because he can't have a regular magazine filled with the ammo he needs....I guess you are....

I guess you are the guy who wants the mass shooter to kill that many more people.

Actually, I'm the one that wants the mass shooter stopped by someone on the scene who has a weapon to stop him...you want to limit that individual by disarming him, and then when he is at home reducing how much ammo he can carry...

You live in the fantasy world....watch Terror in the Mall about the 4 killers in the Nairobi mall with hundreds of people...not one of them armed...the terrorists...had military grade rifles and full size magazines...and the police stayed out of the building for 90 minutes....

These things happen, they can happen here...

15 people were just arrested in Australia...they planned on grabbing an innocent person on the street and beheading him on camera...right there...and not one Australian citizen would have been able to stop it...because they too are disarmed...

Here is a story...covers a lot of topics...

Armed Bicycle Rider Defends Self Against Multiple Attackers LearnAboutGuns.com

As reported, a Racine, WI man was riding his bicycle when four teenage attackers knocked him to the ground. The man grabbed his openly carried pistol from his holster, pointed it at the sky, and yelled “gun!” The attackers then fled, leaving the man with only minor injuries from being knocked off his bike.

This self defense gun use has a twist, though. The man was attacked on the 1100 block of Grand Avenue in Racine, which is within 1,000 feet of the Walden School, located at 1012 Center St. Wisconsin law allows open carry, but not within 1,000 feet of a school. As a result, it is possible that this man may be charged.

I also think that the Wisconsin law prohibiting open carry within 1,000 feet of a school is quite misguided. Firstly, it is quite difficult for a person who is riding their bike, walking down the street, or driving a car to know exactly when they are within 1,000 feet of a school.

Here is an example of multiple attackers....the man didn't shoot...so nothing goes into the stats...and he may be arrested for being 1000 feet from a school zone...hits on several points I have made about anti gun policies...

Rancher was armed and didn't fire a shot. Size of his magazine would make no difference. Article makes it clear murders almost never happen. It's interesting the killer may have stolen gun from another rancher. Great example to support what I have been saying, thanks.

Illegal Immigrant Suspected in Murder of Arizona Rancher Fox News

At around 11 p.m., a state police helicopter found Krentz slumped over his ATV, the engine and lights still on. Nearby, his dog lay critically wounded, also hit by a bullet. The dog was put down Sunday morning and will be cremated, its ashes spread on the property along with Krentz's.
Tracker dogs have now followed the tracks of the killer back into Mexico, some 15 miles south.
Police have several scenarios of what might have occurred.

One, a drug cartel scout. The Chirachua mountains in southeast Arizona are 11,000 feet tall, rugged and remote. It is a popular drug corridor and the killer may have been clearing the way for a load of drugs moving north when Krentz surprised him.

Two, the suspect belonged to a band of thieves terrorizing the remote ranches spattered around the area — an idea supported by other ranchers.

The odd part, according to local land owners, is that the killer was apparently alone. Illegal immigrants crossing the border usually hire coyotes to help them pass and travel in groups or 5, 10, 20 or more.

So is it really unimaginable that a lone rancher might need more than 6 bullets to survive...

And again...who are you to tell any law abiding citizen that they can't have the magazines they want or need...simply because you don't like specific types of magazines....?

You are a very paranoid man. Nairobi? Really?

I have not suggested anything that would disarm somebody who can legally own a gun. Don't lie.

Actually, I'm the one that wants the mass shooter stopped by someone on the scene who has a weapon to stop him...you want to limit that individual by disarming him, and then when he is at home reducing how much ammo he can carry...

You live in the fantasy world....watch Terror in the Mall about the 4 killers in the Nairobi mall with hundreds of people...not one of them armed...the terrorists...had military grade rifles and full size magazines...and the police stayed out of the building for 90 minutes....

These things happen, they can happen here...

15 people were just arrested in Australia...they planned on grabbing an innocent person on the street and beheading him on camera...right there...and not one Australian citizen would have been able to stop it...because they too are disarmed...

Rancher was armed and didn't fire a shot. Size of his magazine would make no difference.

Yeah, doesn't help your argument does it... an unknown number of attackers...better he was simply murdered than he have a magazine with too many bullets...guess it worked out for the best then...

You really do live in a fantasy world...better that one innocent victim be brutally murdered, raped, robbed or beaten than one person stop a rape, robbery, beating or murder with a pistol....

I am really glad you are a psychic...you should start a service where people can call you up and determine if they are going to be attacked that day...then truly, guns would not be necessary...

Successfully defended and didn't fire a shot. More support for me, thanks.

Here is a story...covers a lot of topics...

Armed Bicycle Rider Defends Self Against Multiple Attackers LearnAboutGuns.com

As reported, a Racine, WI man was riding his bicycle when four teenage attackers knocked him to the ground. The man grabbed his openly carried pistol from his holster, pointed it at the sky, and yelled “gun!” The attackers then fled, leaving the man with only minor injuries from being knocked off his bike.

This self defense gun use has a twist, though. The man was attacked on the 1100 block of Grand Avenue in Racine, which is within 1,000 feet of the Walden School, located at 1012 Center St. Wisconsin law allows open carry, but not within 1,000 feet of a school. As a result, it is possible that this man may be charged.

I also think that the Wisconsin law prohibiting open carry within 1,000 feet of a school is quite misguided. Firstly, it is quite difficult for a person who is riding their bike, walking down the street, or driving a car to know exactly when they are within 1,000 feet of a school.

Here is an example of multiple attackers....the man didn't shoot...so nothing goes into the stats...and he may be arrested for being 1000 feet from a school zone...hits on several points I have made about anti gun policies...

Yeah, Nairobi could never happen in the U.S. or any other modern, Western country....keep dreaming...

These are the facts. He was armed and died without firing a shot. Size of his magazine would not have saved him. You live in fantasy land where it somehow would have saved him.

Rancher was armed and didn't fire a shot. Size of his magazine would make no difference.

Yeah, doesn't help your argument does it... an unknown number of attackers...better he was simply murdered than he have a magazine with too many bullets...guess it worked out for the best then...

You really do live in a fantasy world...better that one innocent victim be brutally murdered, raped, robbed or beaten than one person stop a rape, robbery, beating or murder with a pistol....

I am really glad you are a psychic...you should start a service where people can call you up and determine if they are going to be attacked that day...then truly, guns would not be necessary...

More support for me, thanks.

You mean you haven't spent page after page telling me I'm nuts for saying that people drive off attackers and never fire a shot....and then you tell me I'm nuts for thinking it would be a mistake to tell the police....considering this guy may have found himself in a "Gun Free" zone and may have been facing a felony?

Yeah...keep dreaming...

You live in fantasy land where it somehow would have saved him.

You are going to stand on that argument...didn't save him so it won't save anyone...there fore no one needs standard size magazines...so ban them....nice....

You are more likely to be accidently shot than murdered. You should be paranoid about that.

Yeah, Nairobi could never happen in the U.S. or any other modern, Western country....keep dreaming...

I've noticed all your examples the person is doing something illegal. Clearly not responsible enough to carry a gun.

More support for me, thanks.

You mean you haven't spent page after page telling me I'm nuts for saying that people drive off attackers and never fire a shot....and then you tell me I'm nuts for thinking it would be a mistake to tell the police....considering this guy may have found himself in a "Gun Free" zone and may have been facing a felony?

Yeah...keep dreaming...

Forum List

Back